Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-01-2015, 02:12 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
You're being deceived, and you obviously know nothing about Islam. I would remind you that even the "Boston bombers" appeared "normal" to those who knew them.

Muslims are not here to be Americans. They are here to turn America into a Muslim country. Better wake up.
Lol, just about the most paranoid post I've seen. I can't imagine why neither of my two muslim exes either A. tried cutting my head off, B. tried cutting off the heads of my family & friends or C. tried to start a jihad. I just can't figure it out. nononsense says they should've been wanting to take over the country, why haven't they?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2015, 02:14 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
Not true! If they "wanted what we want" they would abandon Islam. If they wanted freedom they would abandon Islam.
As an atheist, I would say the same about most christians.

But people do define freedom differently, so there you are.

Quote:
The goal of Islam is to wipe out Western civilization (as well as annihilate the Jews). Under Sharia Law they could be subject to death for being "too Western."
This is true of some muslims. It is manifestly not true for all. Anymore than it is true to say that all christians blame jews for jesus' death.

Quote:
Additionally, Muslims would never pledge allegiance to the United States or salute the flag (or sing the Star Spangled Banner). Islam demands their full allegiance to Islam and Sharia. If they did say the pledge, it would only be for appearance, as the believe it is okay to lie and "fake" their allegiance in order to advance Islam.
In fact, the american muslim citizens that I know do all these things.

Quote:
Muslims cannot be trusted.
True, muslims who spew nonsense cannot be trusted. Just like anyone else who spews nonsense,

Old 11-01-2015, 02:15 PM

4,983 posts, read 3,293,037 times
No and no.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:16 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
I worked with one in my last job but he was fired for sexually assaulting women with psychiatric problems. One crashed into me once and tried to lie about it but was unsuccessful. I don't know them but the boston bomber families lives in the state and keep committing crimes.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:22 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,318,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
I have no problem with her, but she always talks about how superior Muslim religion is compare to Christianity. Annoying, but harmless, I guess.
Islam was founded nearly 700 years after Christ went to the Cross.

While Christ was hear on earth, he warned about many false prophets that would come and deceive many.

Jesus said, "I am the first and I am the last." He also said, "No one comes to the Father except through me."

Yet Islam claims to be "superior?" It was a made-up religion from the beginning. It is a cult. Mohammad was a pedophile lunatic. His followers told him that God must be speaking to him.

The reason Christ was sent to earth was to announce the Good News (Gospel) of salvation by Faith in Christ. Man reconciled to God through Faith in Jesus, not by works. How could Islam be superior to that? It is a "religion" of works and obedience, the very things Christ told us would not save us. Obedience to the Law does not save, because no one can keep the Law perfectly. Therefore Christ came to sacrifice himself, to take our sins upon himself.

Finally, Islam slaughters millions in the name of Allah. They claim that is what they are required to do, "kill the infidel." But for them, all those who are not Muslims are "Infidels."

Does that sound like a superior "religion."

Old 11-01-2015, 02:24 PM

15,675 posts, read 11,533,575 times
The Muslim community does not have a great reputation in the UK despite the big Muslim population here.

I think most have been tarred with the same brush and for the majority that pay there way in life I feel quite sorry for. I've gone school and been brought up with a good few and even they hate the extremists ( more than we do ) that every one thinks of when you say the word Muslim.

I don't agree with a lot of their views but I take great pride in taking people by face value and as I've personally not suffered I've not got a problem with them.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:29 PM

2,232 posts, read 2,121,074 times
No. But I don't have any friends that are devout in any religion. I have a few Christian friends but they approach the bible very liberally. If I can't have wine or go out for drinks and dinner with someone I doubt they are going to click as a friend.

Old 11-01-2015, 02:45 PM

23,856 posts, read 13,761,687 times
Quote:
"

I think religious adherents killing each other to prove which religion is superior is a very good reason to be wary of any religion. They've all been bad actors at some point in history. Including buddhists, which was a significant disappointment to me.

All religions have a fatal flaw - and that is that believers are human...

Old 11-01-2015, 02:47 PM

61,288 posts, read 87,449,435 times
The Quran does not encourage non Muslim friendship

Old 11-01-2015, 02:56 PM

15,866 posts, read 21,452,288 times
Quote:
Islam was founded nearly 700 years after Christ went to the Cross.

While Christ was hear on earth, he warned about many false prophets that would come and deceive many.

Jesus said, "I am the first and I am the last." He also said, "No one comes to the Father except through me."

Yet Islam claims to be "superior?" It was a made-up religion from the beginning. It is a cult. Mohammad was a pedophile lunatic. His followers told him that God must be speaking to him.

The reason Christ was sent to earth was to announce the Good News (Gospel) of salvation by Faith in Christ. Man reconciled to God through Faith in Jesus, not by works. How could Islam be superior to that? It is a "religion" of works and obedience, the very things Christ told us would not save us. Obedience to the Law does not save, because no one can keep the Law perfectly. Therefore Christ came to sacrifice himself, to take our sins upon himself.

Finally, Islam slaughters millions in the name of Allah. They claim that is what they are required to do, "kill the infidel." But for them, all those who are not Muslims are "Infidels."

Jesus was a false prophet based on the Torah. He and his followers have led millions in the wrong path, with their faith being used to slaughter those who did not fall for it for the past 2000 years. Does that sound like a superior "religion?"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies