Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-05-2016, 01:16 PM

5,381 posts, read 2,841,362 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisFromChicago View Post
What I find is hilarious is that if the "other party" does an executive order its some crazy violation. If your guy does it, you don't care. I mean Obama is still way behind GWB and Clinton on these orders.

Regardless, this is an interpretation change of a current on the books law. . . I'm pretty sure the administration feels they are covered. . .it certainly isn't a new law.

If you don't want to bury your head in the sand and hate everythign "the other guy does" and actually be informed, this article lays out the odds.
Will Obama's gun moves face a legal challenge? - CNNPolitics.com

Again, for the low informed voter - Obama has signed more Executive Memoranda than ANY PRESIDENT IN HISTORY.

Obama went from issuing "Executive Orders" to issuing "Executive MEMORANDA" so that the media could mislead the low info voters and have them believing the LIE that Obama has not issued more Executive Memoranda/EO's than any president in history!

Obama issues 'executive orders by another name'

Sometimes it pays to learn about things on your own.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2016, 01:17 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
There are already laws on the books to address that situation. And violent criminals and insane people will continue to obtain weapons the same way they always have. ILLEGALLY! D'oh!
Well, you didn't answer the question, either. Thanks for trying.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:19 PM

57,315 posts, read 26,217,746 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eye state your name View Post
Again, for the low informed voter - Obama has signed more Executive Memoranda than ANY PRESIDENT IN HISTORY.

Obama went from issuing "Executive Orders" to issuing "Executive MEMORANDA" so that the media could mislead the low info voters and have them believing the LIE that Obama has not issued more Executive Memoranda/EO's than any president in history!

Obama issues 'executive orders by another name'

Sometimes it pays to learn about things on your own.
This isn't a basketball game, executive orders have been used by every president and the impact of his EO's pale to those of prior administrations, particularly the last president.

You need to look past the numbers to be informed and "learn".

Old 01-05-2016, 01:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
I know it's hard for you to understand, but I was rebutting a poster who stated that Adam Lanza went through background checks.

I am merely stating that he did not.

Continuity is everything in threads like this.
Yet you think that Obama's unilateral actions to undermine the Constitutional rights of all citizens will stop people like Lanza from getting guns or committing crimes. Reality is also important on threads like this.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Well, you didn't answer the question, either. Thanks for trying.
What question??

Old 01-05-2016, 01:23 PM

29,537 posts, read 19,626,354 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Show the text, and we'll take a look. Would it make to read it first before commenting on it?
Of course it was sponsored by Feinstein, the fascist anti Second Amendment nut

Here

Did you watch the video where the DHS official was grilled and had no answer to the House Oversight committee's questions? Plus, the Senate turned it down

Can Americans be denied Second Amendment rights because the Attorney General suspects they’re terrorists?

Quote:
The Senate rejected [today] … an amendment from Sen. Dianne Feinstein (D-Calif.) to prevent individuals on the terror watch list from purchasing firearms on a 45 to 54 vote. The amendments were offered to an Obamacare repeal package currently being debated in the Senate and they needed 60 votes to be adop

Old 01-05-2016, 01:24 PM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
How is it going to be harder for law abiding citizens to protect themselves?
I can think of one way right off the bat.

A short while back an x-wife had a restraining order against her ex- husband for beating her and threatening her life.

he constantly ignored the order and the police could do nothing because by the time the responded he had left.

She went to buy a gun and was told there was a 3 day waiting period.

Before those 3 days were up, he returned and DID kill her.

Remember Obama used the classic liberal phrase, "If it saves just 1 child..."

Let's say my neighbor's daughter is in the same kind of situation.

She asks to buy two of my guns. 1 for upstairs and 1 for downstairs. She does not want to carry 1 around with her all the time in the house.

I do NOT have a Federal Dealer's License.

I apply for one. It takes about 1 YEAR to get one.

"How is it going to be harder for law abiding citizens to protect themselves?"

I will let YOU answer that yourself.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
This isn't a basketball game, executive orders have been used by every president and the impact of his EO's pale to those of prior administrations, particularly the last president.

You need to look past the numbers to be informed and "learn".

I am not sure what your point is. I have never denied that Obama's unconstitutional use of EO's were less impactful than prior administrations. I was attempting to educate those who are under the misguided belief that Obama is without fault because he has issued fewer EOs while in office. Not only has Obama issued more EO/Executive Memoranda than any previous administration, the content of said EO/EMs have been FAR beyond the scope of his office and are unconstitutional and his use of such unilateral mechanisms to enact LAW are his way of spitting on the Constitution (IMO).

Old 01-05-2016, 01:27 PM

25,964 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delahanty View Post
Obama's 25+ gun-related EOs have done nothing to reduce gun violence (gee, I wonder why) or gun sales, which are at an all-time high.

If Obama wants to reduce gun sales, maybe he should just shut up.
I agree with this^^^. Every time he opens his mouth about guns, sales go up and even people who never thought they would purchase one go and get one before he tries to shut it down.

He doesn't have a problem with the open borders that can't keep people out of the country and limiting US sales will just bring more guns through the open border. It is my understanding that poorer illegals afford the trip by carrying drugs and weapons. Let Obama show some good faith with this and start with deportation procedures immediately of illegal aliens, arrests of employers that are hiring them..........

This is where it needs to start, in ending this: Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial We'll need our weapons to defend against what Obama is allowing into our country. I cannot believe he has not been tried for treason.

Old 01-05-2016, 01:28 PM

5,562 posts, read 5,683,672 times
Obama's Executive Order...... Replace the word Gun with speech.

First Amendment.... free speech is allowed but all private conversations and or conversations that are between 2 people is subject to a background check to see if they are allowed to speak with each other. For we never know what you might be discussing and this is serious to have free ideas and the free use of tools to defend and idea or your life.

All legal gun sales and illegal gun sales and the thousands of sales the government doesn't even know about are happening. The issue is not Gun Sales is The people who want to kill, will kill and some people use a gun and some dont In the end its the people that are the problem.

People are going to die in this world, This is why you have a justice system, and when someone comes to take your life you might have a choose. Begging for your life, or defending it with a gun. Obama would have you believe any law he passes will some how make you safer.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies