Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should it be allowed
NO 109 64.50%
YES 60 35.50%
Voters: 169. You may not vote on this poll

Old 04-18-2016, 02:08 PM

13,419 posts, read 9,950,386 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
It's not just the bathroom. It's multiple occupancy changing rooms, locker rooms, and showers, as well. Many in which MINOR females are likely to be present such as in school, park district, state park, etc. facilities.
Yep. Given all those places, and that there's been laws on the books for almost ten years in multiple states, you'd think there'd be penises out in women's facilities all over the place, if what you're saying is such an issue is true.

But there aren't. I'm sure there are plenty out on the street. Why don't you ban men from streets, given that any one of them may potentially expose themselves to a minor?

It's much more likely than transgenders showing a penis while getting changed.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:11 PM

89,000 posts, read 44,813,405 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliftonpdx View Post
No, they just shouldn't be exposing their genitalia to others
And that's done in the multiple occupancy shower room, how?

Have you not EVER been to a gym? Open locker rooms. Open showers. How does one avoid nudity in such cases?

Old 04-18-2016, 02:13 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:
As if the school would have a report with MINOR'S names available on a website.
And yet somehow you have read this report that a school has.

OK

Old 04-18-2016, 02:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
Yep. Given all those places, and that there's been laws on the books for almost ten years in multiple states, you'd think there'd be penises out in women's facilities all over the place, if what you're saying is such an issue is true.
Well... the University of Pittsburgh expelled a FTM trans who was still anatomically a female for using the men's facilities. Federal court upheld the expulsion on March 31, 2015. The MALE students complained in that case.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:14 PM

Quote:
It means their daughters, sisters, wives/girlfriends, mothers, aunts, grandmothers, etc., have never been forced to unwillingly submit to a trans with a penis committing indecent exposure.
How about we teach our girls that if anyone does that that they don't look. And that as long as someone isn't threatening them, and is not doing it with the intent of sexually harassing them, then they'll live. If someone is doing it with the intent to harm, then that's illegal, and they should report it.

You make the assumption that girls and women are so weak that this will scar them for life. It's just a penis.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:15 PM

38,859 posts, read 25,535,277 times
Quote:
A 17 year old male is underdeveloped? Males as young as 11 have fathered children.
I'm not certain, but I'd wager that a 17 year old tranny is probably underdeveloped. Unless you think this law is all about open restrooms/locker rooms for everyone and not just trans.

This sure seems to be a hot button issue for you.

Quote:
Well... the University of Pittsburgh expelled a FTM trans who was still anatomically a female for using the men's facilities. Federal court upheld the expulsion on March 31, 2015. The MALE students complained in that case.
So?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjrose View Post
And yet somehow you have read this report that a school has.

OK
I said I know the families and students involved. I used to live in the Chicago suburbs. I have personal knowledge of this situation. It has negatively impacted people I know and care about. That's why I'm so adamant in trying to prevent it from happening to others.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:16 PM

24,260 posts, read 14,203,370 times
Quote:

Have you not EVER been to a gym? Open locker rooms. Open showers. How does one avoid nudity in such cases?
One can wear their workout clothes to the gym and then wear them home and shower. OR not removing underwear when changing clothes. OR going into a stall. OR wrapping oneself in a towel.

There are many ways to change without frolicking around naked for all to see.

Old 04-18-2016, 02:20 PM

2,464 posts, read 1,286,120 times
Quote:
As if the school would have a report with MINOR'S names available on a website.
So you have no proof, but somehow want us to take your word for it.

Quote:

Yes, I have been to a gym, the men don't walk around waging their penises at other men. So it is pretty easy to avoid nudity. Also, the gyms I have been to have all had private shower stalls, not some open water well that you seem to be use to.

As I have said before, real life isn't a Porky's movie.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.