Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-16-2016, 04:27 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
I see what you're saying but ISIS hasn't attacked the U.S. and Saudi Arabia has! ISIS is probably financed by the Saudis and is the reason WHY they haven't overthrown the Kingdom!

There has been some movement to crack down on shell corporations doing illegal activities: https://maloney.house.gov/media-cent...l-corporations. Possibly the Saudis pulling their billions out of America might be the only way that we could actually 'see' where all of their money is invested? Nothing is transparent anymore!

I am a little afraid of any American involvement in the Middle East. We seem to make things worse and we will never get any credit for 'improving' anything over there. But I am not crazy about any country trying to blackmail us into not investigating - it sounds like a great reason to investigate!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-16-2016, 05:26 AM

10,829 posts, read 5,439,336 times
Quote:
The New York Times
WASHINGTON — Saudi Arabia has told the Obama administration and members of Congress that it will sell off hundreds of billions of dollars worth of American assets held by the kingdom if Congress passes a bill that would allow the Saudi government to be held responsible in American courts for any role in the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks.
Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

Call your reps in Washington and tell them to not only pass this bill but to F-I-N-A-L-L-Y put Saudi Arabia on our list of terrorist nations like it should have been decades ago, and while they're at it, to start bulldozing all the freakin terrorist recruitment centers Saudi Arabia has built in our country, disguised as mosques!

Saudi Arabia is our worst enemy in the ME..... not Iran, it was Saudis who carried out the attacks on 9/11 not Iranians! It is the Saudis who finance all these mosques[terrorist recruiting centers] in free-non Islamist countries around the world, not Iran!
We should simply invade and occupy the Arabian Peninsula and take its oil.

Anyone who doesn't like it can be killed.

The same goes for Kuwait, Iran, Iraq and Libya.

We need about $5 trillion in their oil just to break even for the money we have spent dealing with those countries.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:18 AM

952 posts, read 518,704 times
So, let's see...

We are fighting against the Sunni ISIS in Iraq. On the other hand, we are fighting against the Shiite Houthis in Yemen in order to aid the Saudi's, a Sunni nation....

Time to pull out, let them busy themselves with killing each other, if that is their primary goal, and cut our losses. Why get dragged into another endless war?

Democracy will never take root in these countries by force. So what if the Saudi 'kingdom' falls? Maybe 50 years ago they were vital, but are they really that now?

Old 04-16-2016, 06:26 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,850,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fisheye View Post
There has been some movement to crack down on shell corporations doing illegal activities: https://maloney.house.gov/media-cent...l-corporations. Possibly the Saudis pulling their billions out of America might be the only way that we could actually 'see' where all of their money is invested? Nothing is transparent anymore!

I am a little afraid of any American involvement in the Middle East. We seem to make things worse and we will never get any credit for 'improving' anything over there. But I am not crazy about any country trying to blackmail us into not investigating - it sounds like a great reason to investigate!

That is exactly what they are doing! "blackmailing" us! Are we going to let those barbaric sand-rats dictate what we can and cannot investigate an event that 15 of their people were part of?

Old 04-16-2016, 06:47 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,758,281 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tominftl View Post
The Saudis had been in thick with the Bushes. The bush family has a long history of corruption. Never did answer the question of why the Bin Laden family was flown out of here after the other flights were grounded. Yes, the Saudis aren't really our friends. Weren't the hijackers all Saudis? Let them eat their sand after they run out of oil.....
I fell for this too.

Michael Moore on the Daily Show and Comedy Central was the source.

The 9/11 Commission Report covers this allegation and for what it's worth concluded charter flights departed after the flight ban was lifted.

Some of bin Laden's 50+ estranged siblings lived in the US and feared for their safety, after 9/11 and chose to leave. One, a brother, now lives in Switzerland.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:48 AM

3,953 posts, read 5,092,281 times
Saudi Arabia Warns of Economic Fallout if Congress Passes 9/11 Bill

This confirms what we all suspected.

President Obama should immediately declassify these 28 pages and let the chips fall where they may.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:49 AM

12,997 posts, read 13,649,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Livejack View Post
So, let's see...

We are fighting against the Sunni ISIS in Iraq. On the other hand, we are fighting against the Shiite Houthis in Yemen in order to aid the Saudi's, a Sunni nation....

Time to pull out, let them busy themselves with killing each other, if that is their primary goal, and cut our losses. Why get dragged into another endless war?

Democracy will never take root in these countries by force. So what if the Saudi 'kingdom' falls? Maybe 50 years ago they were vital, but are they really that now?
Did I miss the headline announcing the world no longer needs oil?

Old 04-16-2016, 06:52 AM

Quote:

15 of the 19 hijackers involved in 9/11 attacks on New York, Washington and Virginia were Saudi nationals.
And yet, it created the opportunity to invade Iraq and take out Saddam.

Prior, Saddam had decided to trade oil in currency other than the Petrodollar, USD- a US toll imposed on OPEC oil trade. Saudi has been the glue that has held that sweet deal together.

Old 04-16-2016, 06:54 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
That is exactly what they are doing! "blackmailing" us! Are we going to let those barbaric sand-rats dictate what we can and cannot investigate an event that 15 of their people were part of?

The one man, with all of the answers to any investigation, has Alzheimer's (FORMER President George W. Bush is stricken with Alzheimer's - Page 1 of 1 • Liberal Forum Political Chat Room). He took us to war against Afghanistan, while Bin Laden was hiding in Pakistan, and most of the attackers were from Saudi Arabia. Everybody forgot that Afghanistan was our ally in the first Gulf War!

I just don't know how much good it will do to go after Saudi Arabia when we have so many skeletons in our own closet? It is pretty clear that they had plenty of help on this side of the Atlantic or, at least, with the cover-up.

Heck, right after 9/11, you or I could not fly - but GW let the Saudi prince fly out of our Country!

Old 04-16-2016, 06:56 AM

Quote:
But it's the Royals who are financing the spread of the cancer of radical Islamist extremism around the world!
Maybe. Maybe not.

Bin Laden was one of 50+ siblings born to a father who worked with the royal family.

The family and country cut ties with him more than 20 years ago.

Does not mean that everyone in that country did so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies