Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-14-2016, 02:29 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times

Advertisements

Regardless of what the law says, who is going to stand at the bathroom door and deny Chaz entrance to the men's room?

Does the North Carolina law say all suspect genders are subject to dropping their drawers for inspection?

No?

Then the folks objecting to the law are raising a stink over nothing and just trying to politicize the issue, hoping to score points against anyone who opposes it during an election year.
Quick reply to this message

Old 05-14-2016, 02:35 PM

2,861 posts, read 3,851,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Trans kids (and from what I read they are about 3% of the school population) dress like, wear their hair like, and act like the sex they identify with, the only thing differentiating them would be the appearance of their genitalia. If they go into the restroom that matches their genitalia they are very likely to be bullied or in some cases assaulted.
Quote:
Originally Posted by O.A.Bachlow View Post
Why would they be assaulted? I was under the impression that the school system in the last ten years has programmed all the kids into a state of tolerance and acceptance? Perhaps they have failed? NOW if they are bullied or assaulted...then they need their own private space...install a safe washroom just for the trans kids...seeing there are not a lot of them it would not have to be big and expensive....as for the 3% figure...I doubt this is accurate and sounds like a stretch.

That is saying that if there are a hundred kids lined up you are going have three of them that are female who believe they are male....or male who think they are girls.

You might line up a hundred kids and none of them are transgender....so what do we do in that case...?
The TG number most often quoted and probably based on the following study is 0.3% ... but not 3% which is close to the whole LBGT community estimate (!).

Maybe the shifted decimal point is intentional or a slip of the fingers or confabulated with the LGBT estimate

Williams Institute Study

Last edited by jimazee; 05-14-2016 at 03:45 PM..

Old 05-14-2016, 02:59 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FatBob96 View Post
Regardless of what the law says, who is going to stand at the bathroom door and deny Chaz entrance to the men's room?

Does the North Carolina law say all suspect genders are subject to dropping their drawers for inspection?

No?

Then the folks objecting to the law are raising a stink over nothing and just trying to politicize the issue, hoping to score points against anyone who opposes it during an election year.
This is a silly argument. Except for highway patrol sitting by to catch speeders, we don't have police standing around all day in public spaces to enforce most of our laws and regulations. That's like saying we can't have signs that say gun-free zone or no smoking because there aren't going to be police waiting at the entrance to inspect bags for guns and cigarettes.

Old 05-14-2016, 03:22 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Regardless of what the law says, who is going to stand at the bathroom door and deny Chaz entrance to the men's room? Does the North Carolina law say all suspect genders are subject to dropping their drawers for inspection? No? Then the folks objecting to the law are raising a stink over nothing and just trying to politicize the issue, hoping to score points against anyone who opposes it during an election year.
I agree about the politicization but that started with North Carolina's shenanigans. As far as 'who is going to stand at the bathroom door'. If North Carolina didn't plan on enforcing the law why in the world would they have passed it?

Old 05-14-2016, 03:33 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,285,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimazee View Post
The TG number most often quoted and probably based on the following study is .03%, which sometimes shifts to .3% ... but not 3% which is close to the whole LBGT community estimate (!). Maybe the shifted decimal point is intentional or a slip of the fingers or confabulated with the LGBT estimate
That was clearly wrong and I apologize.

"In a survey of its students, the Los Angeles Unified School District—which helped spearhead California’s landmark law prohibiting discrimination based on gender identity in schools—found that just 0.5 percent of students identified as transgender But while the percentage may seem negligible, it translates into 3,000 kids, noted Judy Chiasson, the program coordinator for the district’s Human Relations, Diversity, and Equity division. “We do not have 3,000 students who are going to school by their gender of identity, which tells me that this is a severely underserved population,” she said. “Imagine that for most of these students, this is just their private journey … imagine there’s a lot of fear. The journey from self awareness to disclosure is an extended one.”

Old 05-14-2016, 03:37 PM

18,461 posts, read 7,092,496 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
I agree about the politicization but that started with North Carolina's shenanigans. As far as 'who is going to stand at the bathroom door'. If North Carolina didn't plan on enforcing the law why in the world would they have passed it?
Stupid, unenforceable laws get passed every day in this country.
Why is this particular one getting so much press over .03% of the population?

Because the left saw an opportunity to use it as a wedge issue.

Duh.

Old 05-14-2016, 03:41 PM

7,977 posts, read 4,988,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by scgraham View Post
Sodom and Gomorrah

Thats what America has turned into after 8 years of OBlubber.

Great job Liberals

Old 05-14-2016, 04:00 PM

12,350 posts, read 9,722,262 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flamadiddle View Post
Complete nonsense. Why is this even being discussed? We're nearly 20 Trillion dollars in debt, the middle east is in shambles, Iran, North Korea, China and Russia are slapping us in the face on a regular basis, ISIS is growing and planning their next mass attack, Our borders are like swiss cheese, the economy is barely moving and the Obama administration is going to spend their time and effort lecturing Americans on which bathroom they can use?

Is this not maddening? Get that moron and his administration out of the white house!!!!!

Restore Sanity to America - TRUMP 2016!

Tried to rep you, but couldn't.

Seems Obama is hell bent on leaving the worst possible legacy....as he gets worse week by week, exhibiting a smirky and arrogant sociopathic disdain for the great country that gave him an unearned chance at its highest office.

Old 05-14-2016, 04:11 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,816 times
Quote:

No?

I'm still trying to figure out these communal showers in schools..I have never ever seen sommunal shower anytime in my lifetime. I had a trailer at a trailer park..and their BR had showers..BUT the showers were singular...including the coins required to allotment for hot water (LOL) ..Aren't these visual communal showers strickly known for Team (College level or higher) players?? I guess US is far different on how they designated their bathroom/showers/change rooms?

What's to stop a transgender from collecting their change of clothes and going into bathroom/toilet stall to change?? I cannot believe such drama and fireworks from politicians and extreme thought police assuming the worst..Pedo's are not Gay, nor Transgender..THEY are in a category of their own!! Please stop painting every LGBT with that Paedophile Brush!!

Old 05-14-2016, 04:32 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyndarn View Post
I'm still trying to figure out these communal showers in schools..I have never ever seen sommunal shower anytime in my lifetime. I had a trailer at a trailer park..and their BR had showers..BUT the showers were singular...including the coins required to allotment for hot water (LOL) ..Aren't these visual communal showers strickly known for Team (College level or higher) players?? I guess US is far different on how they designated their bathroom/showers/change rooms?

What's to stop a transgender from collecting their change of clothes and going into bathroom/toilet stall to change?? I cannot believe such drama and fireworks from politicians and extreme thought police assuming the worst..Pedo's are not Gay, nor Transgender..THEY are in a category of their own!! Please stop painting every LGBT with that Paedophile Brush!!
Google shower rooms at school and you'll see these communal showers. They're just huge rooms with multiple showerheads. No privacy whatsoever. Every locker room I ever was in during high school and college had the same setup.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies