Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-31-2016, 10:28 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times

Advertisements

Thanks for bringing my post back to the front.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-31-2016, 10:31 AM

59,053 posts, read 27,306,837 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie gein View Post
I like people who don't get out of service because of heel spurs.

But then again, how was poor Donald supposed to outrun those VC with a couple of nasty heel spurs?
"I like people who don't get out of service because of heel spurs"

Why?

They did NOT make the rules.

The gov't MADE the rules and they applied them to Trump and anyone else the military DECIDED was NOT PHYSICAL ABLE TO SERVE.

The GOVERNMENT decided attending college would NOT serve. NOT the people who got those deferments.

I see a LOT of people on here deriding those who got LEGAL deferments and blame them, NOT the GOVERNMENT who MADE the rules.

Old 05-31-2016, 10:33 AM

20,462 posts, read 12,381,706 times
just pointing out that Trumps retort to McCain was in reply to a pretty nasty attack by John McCain... He called trump supporters in AZ. CRAZY.

McCain started the back and forth. As with all such thus far, Trump clearly is willing to go far beyond what others will.... but he didn't attack POWs. He didn't launch a frontal assault on John McCain.

He responded to attacks against himself and went nuclear.

Anyone taking issue with Trump for going ballistic when he is insulted, is on solid ground.
Anyone pretending that Trump was mean to McCain for no good reason is simply not dealing in facts.

McCain doesn't need an apology. Nor does Trump need to issue one.

Old 05-31-2016, 11:37 AM

77,771 posts, read 104,739,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post
just pointing out that Trumps retort to McCain was in reply to a pretty nasty attack by John McCain... He called trump supporters in AZ. CRAZY.

McCain started the back and forth. As with all such thus far, Trump clearly is willing to go far beyond what others will.... but he didn't attack POWs. He didn't launch a frontal assault on John McCain.

Anyone taking issue with Trump for going ballistic when he is insulted, is on solid ground.
Anyone pretending that Trump was mean to McCain for no good reason is simply not dealing in facts.

Are you sure of that? Remember when Trump make his famous comment about McCain and POW period? that was before Trump was involved much in the campaign and no one was taking him seriously. I am not sure you have your facts straight? Yes, McCain said what he did about Trump supporters, but I believe it was after Trumps comment, not to mention Trumps comment seem to imply POWs were not heroes, not just McCain.

Let me add, wouldn't the adult thing for Trump to have done, is overlook what McCain said or simply make a reference to McCain's being a hero for his service, without elaborating? This is probably Trumps biggest problem and it either get him in trouble if he is elected or may contribute to his getting beat in November. He does act like he is still in grade school.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:33 PM

57,289 posts, read 26,206,502 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ferd View Post

Now that is creative.

Not to worry, Trump is incapable of apologizing just not in his DNA,

Old 05-31-2016, 06:42 PM

13,561 posts, read 10,356,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nmnita View Post
Are you sure of that? Remember when Trump make his famous comment about McCain and POW period? that was before Trump was involved much in the campaign and no one was taking him seriously. I am not sure you have your facts straight? Yes, McCain said what he did about Trump supporters, but I believe it was after Trumps comment, not to mention Trumps comment seem to imply POWs were not heroes, not just McCain.

Let me add, wouldn't the adult thing for Trump to have done, is overlook what McCain said or simply make a reference to McCain's being a hero for his service, without elaborating? This is probably Trumps biggest problem and it either get him in trouble if he is elected or may contribute to his getting beat in November. He does act like he is still in grade school.
Exactly. Instead of justifying his intemperate remarks, a real gentlemen would make amends and say the right thing. Being magnanimous goes a long way.

But you're right - that doesn't describe Trump and I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for him to apologize for anything, to anyone.

Old 05-31-2016, 06:57 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,392,751 times
saying your sorry is letting the other bastard win, its not about the topic but giving power back to the loser. Even saying your sorry you still want to crush the individual into the ground. Its not suppose to make you feel good. its not suppose to right a wrong,but everybody requires it

Old 05-31-2016, 09:37 PM

8,275 posts, read 7,947,458 times
No. McCain should apologize to Republicans for running a nutless campaign against Obama.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:46 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,371,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Beagle View Post
No. McCain should apologize to Republicans for running a nutless campaign against Obama.
McCain was a great candidate. When he wasn't toeing some republican party platform line the guy said things that demonstrated he truly understood things, and was a man of conviction. Id vote for him over Clinton.

Old 05-31-2016, 09:48 PM

4,491 posts, read 2,225,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
D.C. Memorial day weekend. Drumpf was in town soliciting support from "Rolling Thunder", a veterans organization originally formed to support POWs and MIAs. A little ways back Drumpf insulted John McCain for having the gall to be shot down over Vietnam, captured, tortured, and held prisoner for several years. Now that Drumpf is seeking the support of veterans groups like Rolling Thunder should he show a little class and apologize to McCain?
He wouldn't mean it even if he did. The man has no sense of humility. The last thing the world needs is an additional insincere Twitter apology.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies