Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 02:59 PM

19,642 posts, read 12,231,401 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zimbochick View Post
Yes, this exactly.

You seriously don't think that just because people weren't talking about it does not mean people were not being raped?
What are you talking about? Obviously people got raped. There was not talk that you are responsible for or more likely to be raped because you wore a halter top and Calvin Klein jeans or flirted with a guy. I never heard this unless it was a rape case and the clothing or sexual history defense being used abusively by lawyers against the victim. Wanting to look cute and flirting is normal for young women and men as is partying during college. Now, all of a sudden we have to act like we are living under Taliban, no drinking, no sexy clothing or parties or flirting because some guys can't handle it, just, weird. There has to be something behind this and it reeks of a trashy and entitled youth culture that goes way beyond yoga pants, flirts or beer.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 03:03 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,586,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Your logic is like saying, "why wear a seatbelt when people get killed wearing seatbelts anyway?"

People need to be advocates for their own safety. To that end, you minimize risk.

Your seat belt against rape is a Frank discussion with all young women , that black out drinking will make them helpless and get them raped.

My logic is to have both Air Bags & Seat Belts for the safety of all women ( by making the men ) the primary target and focus on reducing the incidents
of rape in ours communities.

This will be achieved by making all men (A) Caucasian (B) AA (C) Asian (D) Latinos 100
percent responsible for the raping of women.

Women are 100 percent responsible for drinking
to the point of blacking out drunk , but 0 percent
responsible for them being raped by a man.

Old 06-09-2016, 03:07 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Correct. If she had been home watching a movie she would have been much safer. She chose to engage in risky behavior.
Listen up, ladies!

Stay home; sit on your couch; watch a movie.

Don't go out, it's risky behavior.

Don't go out to see a movie in a theatre; watch a movie in your room with doors and windows locked, and lights out.

Don't go to the theatre, it's risky behavior.

If you work and must park your car in a parking garage, just stay home.

Parking in a parking garage is risky behavior.

If you must work, leave before the sun goes down.

It's risky behavior being out at night.

If you are invited to a party, make sure to bring a male relative with you to watch over you constantly.

Going to parties is risky behavior.

Ladies, huddle in your rooms. Order take-out. Work from home. Trust no one.

What a life, eh???

Old 06-09-2016, 03:46 PM

28,226 posts, read 36,883,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Listen up, ladies!

Stay home; sit on your couch; watch a movie.

Don't go out, it's risky behavior.

Don't go out to see a movie in a theatre; watch a movie in your room with doors and windows locked, and lights out.

Don't go to the theatre, it's risky behavior.

If you work and must park your car in a parking garage, just stay home.

Parking in a parking garage is risky behavior.

If you must work, leave before the sun goes down.

It's risky behavior being out at night.

If you are invited to a party, make sure to bring a male relative with you to watch over you constantly.

Going to parties is risky behavior.

Ladies, huddle in your rooms. Order take-out. Work from home. Trust no one.

What a life, eh???
Amazing. I am going to lock myself in a closet and talk to no one ever!

Old 06-09-2016, 03:57 PM

25,901 posts, read 42,706,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roadking2003 View Post
Correct. If she had been home watching a movie she would have been much safer. She chose to engage in risky behavior.

And that has nothing to do with the rapist. Nobody is defending the rapist.
Several posts now have asked, "What did she expect?" Is it OK for the rapist himself to ask that question?

A female poster a few pages back said that yes, in some instances, women provoke rape and that it is indeed their fault.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:20 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
I disagree. In some cases, a rape can be the woman's fault. Just like there are situations where a man can hit a woman. If she provokes the situation, then it IS her fault.

Some posters made fun of my prior post, criticizing the flirty women at my job. No, I do not spend all of my time watching the young women in jealousy. What is annoying is how they play the men. They do dress in tight pants (now the fad is black yoga pants), and they act all flirty to get the men to help them with their work. They are just a bunch of c*ckteases and that isn't what feminism is about. I do my work well and I interact with the guys on a peer to peer level. I treat them with respect and do my fair share of the work. And I don't flirt with them because I am happy with my boyfriend.

And if a woman does dress sexy, and she is acting like she is single and being flirty with the guys, well then of course they will get the wrong message if she actually doesn't want to date them. And it goes back to what I see in my workplace, the young women flirty with all the guys, single and married... and also the ones that they would never kiss in a million years (being ugly, or old). And my boyfriend's mother believes that a woman's face is her fortune, so again, there is a problem with our society that encourages women to obsess over their looks and sex appeal to men. Me, I don't care how I come across to me. As long as my boyfriend finds me attractive, that is enough for me. As it is, he also finds my brain incredibly appealing... and it makes my happy that as the wrinkles set in, he will still love me.

Last night, I was very disappointed to read that my college has one of the higher incidences of reported rapes on campus. When I was going to Brown in the late 1970's, I saw none of that. I lived in a co-ed dorm my freshman year, and those boys were like brothers to me. But back then, I lived in t-shirts and jeans, and was very shy. As an upper classman, I went for a punk look with pink in my hair, but I was still treated with respect. My best friend was an extremely pretty Japanese girl from NYC and she never had any problems with unwanted sexual attacks either. But neither of us dressed like sluts, we had self-confidence, and we also never drank to excess at parties. I have worked at two college campuses over a period of eight years, and the female students do act and dress more feminine and girly than when I was going to school. I see a lot of spike heeled shoes instead of the sneakers I used to run around campus in.

Anyway, if I had daughters, they would be tomboys, no makeup, no heels, wrenching on cars, driving stickshift and going to track days with their parents. There would be no one with princess or snowflake complexes in our house.
This post is so f*cking stupid, on so many levels.

I'm staggered you can claim to be an older woman, claim to be educated and post this utter, utter **** that you have in this thread.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:37 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by artemis agrotera View Post
This post is so f*cking stupid, on so many levels.

I'm staggered you can claim to be an older woman, claim to be educated and post this utter, utter **** that you have in this thread.
I've been on road trips all over the US by myself. Walked through cities like Baltimore and NYC by myself. During summers in Providence, I worked in South Providence and walked several blocks at night to catch a bus. Late night subway rides in Boston. And always, never had any problems with the locals. No muggings, no assaults. There are ways of blending in, or not standing out as a potential victim. But the young women of today are just asking to be hassled by the way they act and dress. And they should be able to talk to a man or co-worker in neutral manner that isn't a flirtaceous.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:41 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,562,968 times
Quote:
I've been on road trips all over the US by myself. Walked through cities like Baltimore and NYC by myself. During summers in Providence, I worked in South Providence and walked several blocks at night to catch a bus. Late night subway rides in Boston. And always, never had any problems with the locals. No muggings, no assaults. There are ways of blending in, or not standing out as a potential victim. But the young women of today are just asking to be hassled by the way they act and dress. And they should be able to talk to a man or co-worker in neutral manner that isn't a flirtaceous.
Hahaha, so full of it.

Old 06-09-2016, 04:44 PM

12,980 posts, read 14,566,426 times
Quote:

STOP! Just because you have not been the victim of a sexual assault gives you no right to be so ***** sanctimonious. Good grief. Many people take all the precautions you mentioned and are still raped. How can you not understand that? You have no right to judge them.at.all!

Old 06-09-2016, 04:44 PM

14,767 posts, read 17,116,607 times
Quote:
And? Why do you think your experiences are the be all and end all?

Can you grasp for one second, that the majority of rapes and assaults are from someone the victim knows? and are occurring in their own homes?

Just answer the question, no anecdotes please.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies