Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-09-2016, 08:56 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times

Advertisements

"There were pine needles, abrasions and dirt in her vagina."

I wonder how many times I'll see this repeated in this thread before it comes to an end already...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-09-2016, 09:02 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

I wonder how many times I'll see this repeated in this thread before it comes to an end already...
Do facts bother you?

Old 06-09-2016, 09:11 AM

29,551 posts, read 9,720,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Otherwise, if I leave my house unlocked and unattended... who is to blame if I get burglarized?

As to clothing, what is the point of a woman dressing provocatively, if it isn't to show off her body and attract male attention?

I do think that in situations of date rape, while the man is completely wrong, the brain in his penis is telling him that the great sex he is giving her will persuade her that she wants it. Stupid thinking yes, but in the heat of the moment and if alcohol or drugs are involved, he continues with the forced sex.

Men and women have different sex drives. One study suggests that men think about sex twice as often as women. Otherwise, the problem with men is that it is so obvious to them when they are turned on because their sex organs are on the outside. Having an erection is hard to ignore. Anyway, I am so glad to be a woman and not a man.

https://www.psychologytoday.com/blog...hink-about-sex
I was sure you were a man until you wrote otherwise...

No doubt we are all responsible to be prudent, safe and protective of ourselves and our homes, but also of course burglary is caused by a burglar, not the home owner. I doubt anyone needs much lesson about who is responsible for what in these regards.

As for the clothing women wear, is your answer correct? Really? I asked in an earlier comment that I don't have time to search right now, but I have heard many women argue that other than when their intent is to hook up with a man, they generally wear what they do, sexy or not, because of the way THEY want to feel and look more in keeping with what women view as fashion, not to get male attention. I think the answer as to why women wear what they do is entirely dependent on the woman you ask...

Most importantly I'd like to add that excusing men's behavior toward women when other than respectful, whether due to sex drive or not, is really not appropriate or acceptable. A man (or woman) is either respectful of who they are with or not, and for anyone not able to know what is acceptable and/or appropriate behavior is really CHOOSING to ignore the obvious. Call that either very stupid or very selfish and probably both!

Old 06-09-2016, 09:17 AM

90,297 posts, read 120,779,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPowering1 View Post
GREAT job twisting what I wrote. So in your world, if two kids are out playing, someone pulls up and asks if they want candy and the younger kid approaches the car and is abducted - and someone says, "this is an opportunity for parents to talk to their kids about never approaching strangers", that translates to "blaming the parents"? WOW!

I wrote, "taking this specific case out of the equation".....yet you ignored that.

All of you hysterical hannah's would garner just a thimble of legitimacy if you'd say something like, "you're right, it's important to remind young people that they should be on guard for creeps like this. It won't eliminate sexual assaults completely, but may reduce them in numbers and may save some people from horrible experiences".

Nope. You don't want to do that. In fact, you've attacked ME, thinking like a parent of two adult children, for trying to do that.

You can pretend you're pro-woman all you want - you're just pretending you care if you feel the need to attack a person who simply wants to discuss women and their safety.
The victim was an adult. It's not just sweet young things that get raped.

Last edited by Katarina Witt; 06-09-2016 at 09:41 AM..

Old 06-09-2016, 09:18 AM

6,129 posts, read 6,810,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cara_319 View Post
A woman who drinks incessantly to the point of passing out, is intentionally putting herself in grave danger. She is assuming that someone will have her best interest, when she should have enough sense to keep herself protected, by remaining cognizant of her surroundings. I simply do not understand why anyone would believe it's a good idea to drink themselves into a stupor.
Actually in this case it wasn't intentional. The woman stated she didn't realize that her tolerance level had changed so dramatically. She had not gone partying since college (she'd been graduated for about a year) and was only going out with her sister because her sister was in town and she wanted to have fun with her. She was as surprised to be blotto as she got.

My read on it is she felt safe because she was with her sister, and she didn't realize how drunk she was until it was too late.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:29 AM

29,746 posts, read 34,396,829 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
You have a problem with that? If a dude can't help but molest or rape a woman simply because she's showing skin, the man is the problem, not the woman showing the skin. Have some self control.
Yeah, it's right and good that women have to modify their behavior to constantly be vigilant that they could be assaulted at any time by men who can't be bothered to control themselves and not get wasted and assault people. Boys will be boys.

Old 06-09-2016, 09:54 AM

562 posts, read 464,418 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinawina View Post
Actually in this case it wasn't intentional. The woman stated she didn't realize that her tolerance level had changed so dramatically. She had not gone partying since college (she'd been graduated for about a year) and was only going out with her sister because her sister was in town and she wanted to have fun with her. She was as surprised to be blotto as she got.

My read on it is she felt safe because she was with her sister, and she didn't realize how drunk she was until it was too late.
Ok, but why wasn't 1 drink enough? I am not sure what her tolerance level is, but I seriously doubt that she ended up intoxicated, simply by having 1 drink. My guess is, she had at least 3 strong drinks, which is clearly excessive.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Whether drunk or sober, a 100 pound woman is no match for a 175 pound man. If the man wants to rape her, he will.
The likelihood of rape increases dramatically when people are drinking and their inhibitions are lowered. A drunk guy may interpret the words "stop" or "no" as playful interaction.

Obviously, rape can occur without alcohol involved, but again, it's just easier to control the situation, fight back, run, etc, when you are not impaired. This is plain common sense.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleetiebelle View Post
Yeah, it's right and good that women have to modify their behavior to constantly be vigilant that they could be assaulted at any time by men who can't be bothered to control themselves and not get wasted and assault people. Boys will be boys.
I guess it's just too much to ask, for people to take responsibility and not drink themselves into a stupor.

Old 06-09-2016, 10:17 AM

28,226 posts, read 36,876,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LearnMe View Post

Sounds like evidence of consensual sexual activity, right? Sounds like a pleasant experience.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies