Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 07:39 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
No you were the one that brought up the wall theory relative to police.
Actually you are the one that claimed they go through things easily.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 07:41 AM

19,724 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
They may not have designed that way but that is the result. There are some guns/bullets that go straight through an that is the reason the AR-15 isn't used as a hunting rifle.
Right here is where you said that and you are wrong.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:43 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
That's one of the most popular hunting rifles for what deer, you don't mind damage to the meat
There is no meat damage. Bullet construction is the key for that.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bullet

Old 06-17-2016, 07:47 AM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Those were the same comments as one of the designers, I already listed all the issues.
I must have missed it.

Old 06-17-2016, 07:47 AM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
The ar can be used to hunt. Just not efficiently as the round would be lethal to much above turkeys.
One of my girlfriends hunts wild turkeys with the AR-15........she can take their head off with a shot.

Not a hunter, so I can't say but what I do like about the design is that it can be disassembled and placed in an equipment bag and until it is needed, it is just equipment.

If it is needed, however, one can have an assembled rifle, ready to go, in under a minute.

Old 06-17-2016, 08:02 AM

1,515 posts, read 1,225,652 times
Quote:
They may not have designed that way but that is the result. There are some guns/bullets that go straight through an that is the reason the AR-15 isn't used as a hunting rifle.
Your posts are so full of misinformation that you really should just stop until you've studied ballistics, calibers, barrel twists & so much more! To those of us that know, your posts re: firearms and ammunition are just crazy funny in the extreme!

Old 06-17-2016, 08:12 AM

16,279 posts, read 10,418,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stymie13 View Post
She is merely deflecting, or more aptly, not saying anything specific.

Either she, or any elected official, needs to be absolutely specific, or say nothing at all. This isn't a privilege, it's a right. I've said it before... How about banning some speech or some right of assembly, and not specifically cite what speech or assembly?

That's exactly what amorphous statements about guns means. And it's why it is diligent to counter it at every turn.
It's really amazing that I have to continue this debate. How much more specific is this:

"I respect the Second Amendment. I respect the rights of lawful gun owners to own guns, to use their guns"

Yet you guys still insist that was vague or somehow means she wants to take your guns.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:33 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Getting warmer?
All five photos are of the same gun a Ruger Mini 14 I believe. And yes all five photos show an assault rifle. The first photo simply shows the weapon without the mag in place. The third photo is the same weapon except with a folding stock. You were attempting to be clever by assuming that my point about assault rifles was strictly based on looks. As I clearly have pointed out many times already, its the mechanics, layout, cartridge size, length, etc that determines whether a gun is an assault rifle or not.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:41 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,822 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lionking View Post
You lost the debate the moment you called for "assault rifles" to be banned because "assault rifles" as they have been coined are no more lethal than any other semi-auto rifle out there that is not considered a "assault rifle".

But lets be true here, if you get your ban on "assault rifles" after the next criminal uses a "hunting semi auto" then they will call for a ban n them, and when the next criminal uses a pump shotgun then they will call for a ban on them, and then when the next criminal uses a handgun they will then call for a ban on them. The truth is they will only stop maybe when all is legal to own is a two shot double barrel shotgun after you get a license.

How about attacking the cause and not the symptom? The weapon is a symptom , the cause is the person behind it. While Obama and Clinton say we need to change by giving up our rights, they say they support bringing over Muslim refugees when there is no way to know who they are and no way to ask for info from the Syrian government on who they are since we decided to make that government our enemy while siding with rebels who at any other time would be enemies of us.

50 undocumented refugees come in, 2 are terrorists and there you go, and after the next and the next attack Obama,Clinton and Sanders will say " well they are not true Muslims most are peaceful. But hey citizens you gotta change with the times

Two shooters go into a crowded nightclub. One has an M1 Garand, the other an AR-15 with a detachable 30 round box mag. Assuming both shooters are of equal skill, which is able to shoot more people in a span of 3 minutes?

The military new the answer to this question when they replace the M1 Garand with the M14.

Old 06-17-2016, 11:43 AM

50,316 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post

Two shooters go into a crowded nightclub. One has an M1 Garand, the other an AR-15 with a detachable 30 round box mag. Assuming both shooters are of equal skill, which is able to shoot more people in a span of 3 minutes?

The military new the answer to this question when they replace the M1 Garand with the M14.
You are "Assuming" the AR won't jam.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies