Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-17-2016, 11:45 AM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
OK she is wrong about assault rifles, as was I. Happy now? Can we get back to the issue I was addressing? We are discussing how liberals in general, and Hillary in particular, want a total gun ban. It's not true, it has never been true. This is her position and frankly I don't understand how it can be argued

CLINTON: I respect the Second Amendment. I respect the rights of lawful gun owners to own guns, to use their guns, but I also believe that most lawful gun owners whom I have spoken with for many years across our country also want to be sure that we keep those guns out of the wrong hands. And as president, I will work to try to bridge this divide, which I think has been polarizing and, frankly, doesn’t reflect the common sense of the American people. We will strike the right balance to protect the constitutional right but to give people the feeling & the reality that they will be protected from guns in the wrong hands.

Hillary Clinton on Gun Control

She's flipped on so many issues and lacks credibility. She's a serial liar, which is a huge problem. Most normal, rational people would never support her for that reason alone. It's a fatal character flaw.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-17-2016, 11:55 AM

2,594 posts, read 1,241,335 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You are "Assuming" the AR won't jam.
At this point AR-15's are pretty well built, the major bugs have been largely ironed out. The last few times an AR-15 was used to massacre innocent people the gun didn't jam unfortunately.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:15 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,634,918 times
Quote:
It's really amazing that I have to continue this debate. How much more specific is this:

"I respect the Second Amendment. I respect the rights of lawful gun owners to own guns, to use their guns"

Yet you guys still insist that was vague or somehow means she wants to take your guns.

She also said we need to ban all semi automatic firearms. By using the new defining of what an assault weapon is.... The slick lawyer, will just have to make one more move and say all firearms are assault weapons and for the innocent children, they need to be banned and confiscated.
Give them an inch, they take 10 miles.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:25 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TrapperJohn View Post
She's flipped on so many issues and lacks credibility. She's a serial liar, which is a huge problem. Most normal, rational people would never support her for that reason alone. It's a fatal character flaw.
It's as if you folks have done no research on Donald Trump what so ever. Google is your friend. EVERY politician has changed their opinion or have been inconsistent, it's not unique to Hillary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...on-h-1b-visas/

Top 7 Biggest Donald Trump Flip-Flops

10 Donald Trump flip-flops - CNNPolitics.com

https://waragainstallpuertoricans.co...na-and-mexico/

Old 06-17-2016, 12:28 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Trump wanted to ban guns after Sandy Hook. He even said he agreed with Obama.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:28 PM

16,278 posts, read 10,414,707 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
She also said we need to ban all semi automatic firearms. By using the new defining of what an assault weapon is.... The slick lawyer, will just have to make one more move and say all firearms are assault weapons and for the innocent children, they need to be banned and confiscated.
Give them an inch, they take 10 miles.

Still waiting for a direct quote that says she wants to ban all guns. I'll be here all week.

Old 06-17-2016, 12:54 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post
All five photos are of the same gun a Ruger Mini 14 I believe. And yes all five photos show an assault rifle. The first photo simply shows the weapon without the mag in place. The third photo is the same weapon except with a folding stock. You were attempting to be clever by assuming that my point about assault rifles was strictly based on looks. As I clearly have pointed out many times already, its the mechanics, layout, cartridge size, length, etc that determines whether a gun is an assault rifle or not.

Please give the parameters for "mechanics, layout, cartridge size, length, etc" that differentiates an "assault rifle" from any other semi-automatic rifle, then.

Yes, those are all Ruger Mini 14s. What makes it an "assault rifle"? The fact that it's a semi-auto rifle that fires .223?

Old 06-17-2016, 12:56 PM

28,353 posts, read 16,385,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenFresno View Post

Two shooters go into a crowded nightclub. One has an M1 Garand, the other an AR-15 with a detachable 30 round box mag. Assuming both shooters are of equal skill, which is able to shoot more people in a span of 3 minutes?

The military new the answer to this question when they replace the M1 Garand with the M14.

Really? Rate of fire/magazine capacity was the top of the list for that decision? You sure about that?

Old 06-17-2016, 12:56 PM

19,722 posts, read 10,128,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooligan View Post
Please give the parameters for "mechanics, layout, cartridge size, length, etc" that differentiates an "assault rifle" from any other semi-automatic rifle, then.

Yes, those are all Ruger Mini 14s. What makes it an "assault rifle"? The fact that it's a semi-auto rifle that fires .223?
He won't answer. I pointed out twice on another thread that the AR did not meet HIS definition of an assault rifle and he won't answer.

Old 06-17-2016, 01:11 PM

12,149 posts, read 8,419,987 times
Quote:
It's as if you folks have done no research on Donald Trump what so ever. Google is your friend. EVERY politician has changed their opinion or have been inconsistent, it's not unique to Hillary.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...on-h-1b-visas/

Top 7 Biggest Donald Trump Flip-Flops

10 Donald Trump flip-flops - CNNPolitics.com

https://waragainstallpuertoricans.co...na-and-mexico/

The difference is I don't support Trump.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies