Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-22-2016, 06:45 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
Pretty much
how many hours of green ham and eggs -- yea the food was Green by the time Cruz was done ugh

Old 06-22-2016, 06:46 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,847,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
More inanity. What part of "It's not the inanimate hunks of wood, it's the deranged people who are allowed to own them" did you miss?

Again, this is why we can't have a discussion about the problem of mass shootings in this country. Because this is the mentality that we're dealing with.

Once again for the slow posters on this thread, no one is blaming the inanimate object, only the many, many idiots wielding them, idiots who have no business owning them.

But I know, I know, their rights MUST NOT BE INFRINGED NO MATTER WHAT!
once again you are completely missing the point here. when did all these people who committed these crimes go through the court system and get their due process under the fifth and sixth amendments? were they EVER convicted of a felony? were they EVER adjudicated as mentally defective or deficient?

if the answer to these questions is yes, then they system failed. however since the answer is no, then there was NO reason to prevent these people from purchasing a firearm.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:46 PM

7,778 posts, read 6,390,372 times
Naughty children, throwing a tantrum because they didn't get their way.

Old 06-22-2016, 06:58 PM

17,440 posts, read 9,271,173 times
I ask again

Exactly
Which
Killer
Was
On
A
No Fly List
Or
FBI Watch List
.???

Answer is NONE of them.
This is Razzle-Dazzle Kabuki Theater

But it's worse than that - these Leftists want the Authority to put anyone they choose (i.e. Political Enemies) on a List, with no notice, no Due Process & No Remedy. Just exactly like the IRS Target Program. Does it occur to these Geniuses that an Equaliy Corrupt Republican Administration like our current Democrat Administration could also Target Political Enemies?

That was my great Fear of the Patriot Act .... I was correct. TeamObama used the Patriot A t to Target Media they disliked - i.e. James Rosen(Fox News) & the Associated press.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:09 PM

9,510 posts, read 9,090,374 times
There is more people looking at this thread than are watching the dark room with the sit-in.

The lights are out.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:15 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
Oh, I know the difference. I received an excellent education.

Someone telling the president during a state of the union address that he is a liar is not a sit-in or a filibuster, either.

Why isn't that addressed in your post???

In 2008 the republicans did EXACTLY what the dems are doing today.

So, all of these various insults can be applied to republicans, also.
This is now. The past cannot be changed for we work in the present. Justifying current actions on what people did wrongly in the past is no excuse.

I find it more disturbing that they are protesting for something that is clearly against the 14th Amendment. That arbitrary rules being passed at the time, Black Codes, were the reason the 14th Amendment came into existence in the first place.

That said, Thursday is my range day. I think I'll go get ready for it in a few minutes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
It's not the inanimate hunks of wood, it's the deranged people who are allowed to own them. But I know, I know, MUST NOT BE INFRINGED, even for the mentally ill or those on terrorist watch lists.

So I guess we just have to accept that we live in a country where deranged people must always be allowed their guns, and just wait for the next mass shooting.

Which should be along any day now.

No big deal. That's just life in America.
It is life in America. That is part of the risk of living in the pillar of freedom for the world. One has rights and one has a system to protect those rights.

It is not perfect, but that is freedom. One can be free but will be at risk or one can be very safe.......and have no freedom.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
Does allowing someone to buy a gun but not fly on an airplane equate to common sense.
The first is a right under the Constitution, the second is not.

This is how the no fly list is allowed to exist because it does not deny people their Constitutional rights. That might be a quibbling but that is how the courts decided it.

When one is talking legalities of what the law says about the Law of the Land, common sense takes a back seat to things. After all, is it common sense that one can die for their country but don't have all the privs such as being able to drink? Probably not....but that is the way the laws have fallen.

Last edited by TamaraSavannah; 06-22-2016 at 07:26 PM..

Old 06-22-2016, 07:19 PM

35,703 posts, read 21,063,743 times
I ask again! who needs the high power rapid fire weapons ? and 2 -why cannot I have a bazooka and grenades? third time asking nobody will answer

Old 06-22-2016, 07:25 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TamaraSavannah View Post
This is now. The past cannot be changed for we work in the present. Justifying current actions on what people did wrongly in the past is no excuse.
I am not even remotely trying to justify anything members of congress do.

I am simply pointing out that all of the slurs directed at the democrats in this thread can also be directed at republicans.

I thought I explained that already.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:25 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
I ask again! who needs the high power rapid fire weapons ? and 2 -why cannot I have a bazooka and grenades? third time asking nobody will answer
These questions have been answered. No one needs a 60 inch television. A car with 500 HP. etc.

As far as I'm concerned you should be allowed to own a bazooka.

Old 06-22-2016, 07:41 PM

23,652 posts, read 13,998,393 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
To the latter part of that question, let someone else look up those laws and regulations.

To the first part of the question, when we are talking the -15, high power it is not.

The -10 is probably high power. What do I "need" it for? To maintain my marksmanship skills.

Rapid fire? One round, one trigger pull. That's rapid fire? I suppose I could fire 30 rounds or even 60 rounds in a minute, but that would be a poor thing to do to an $800+ piece of equipment. Those barrels get very hot.

Are you saying rapid fire as in machine guns? One trigger pull and one can empty the magazine. I can't get that type of gun, at least not very easily. If not for all the excessive paperwork, then it is trying to buy a gun that in no newer that 1986 (or is it 1984) and a gun that is over $10,000.

Finally, about "who needs it?", let's cut to the chase. The guns are the last defense to preventing a tyrant type of government. Right now, due to the changes of the laws, the populace is pretty out gunned in capability. We should not let that capability slide more in the government's favor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies