Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-07-2016, 11:39 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,977,724 times

Advertisements

Police are in negotiations with a suspect, who has been exchanging gunfire with police in a standoff that's been going on for 45 minutes. This person says that "the end is near," and there are bombs all over down town and that many more police officers will be killed tonight.

A female is in custody - from the garage.

A Mercedes was followed into Oak Cliff and two people from that vehicle are in custody.

Downtown Dallas is an active crime scene - don't go to work downtown without checking with DPD website to see if your building and traffic routes are open.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:40 PM

7,132 posts, read 9,141,983 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Yes I already said that. Still, here's the picture of one suspect.

Granted, fog of war right now. I remember that the OKC bombing was initially reported as somebody of Middle Eastern origin. Obviously, the press got it wrong there. Might be wrong this time.

Still, if the shooters are all black, this kinda blows the hell outa the BLM movement. Yes, black lives do matter but now you've seriously pissed off every cop in the country and you can bet that black lives will matter less to them in the near future. Like I said, this creates a huge mess!! Hopefully this turns out to be another case of misreporting, whatever their ethnicity this won't end well.
They've already cleared his name(the guy in the photo). He turned himself in a while ago. You're super late. He was innocent.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:41 PM

1,384 posts, read 1,057,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
Yes I already said that. Still, here's the picture of one suspect.

Granted, fog of war right now. I remember that the OKC bombing was initially reported as somebody of Middle Eastern origin. Obviously, the press got it wrong there. Might be wrong this time.

Still, if the shooters are all black, this kinda blows the hell outa the BLM movement. Yes, black lives do matter but now you've seriously pissed off every cop in the country and you can bet that black lives will matter less to them in the near future. Like I said, this creates a huge mess!! Hopefully this turns out to be another case of misreporting, whatever their ethnicity this won't end well.
This will be the end of BLM if the shooters are black. They better be ready to be harassed more than Arabs.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:42 PM

People in custody are not being cooperative and not saying who they are or how they are involved.

Four people are in custody. The DPD thinks that all four are part of this organized attack.

The DPD had been attending organizational meetings of the protest group prior to tonight.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:43 PM

4,053 posts, read 8,258,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Police are in negotiations with a suspect, who has been exchanging gunfire with police in a standoff that's been going on for 45 minutes. This person says that "the end is near," and there are bombs all over down town and that many more police officers will be killed tonight.

A female is in custody - from the garage.

A Mercedes was followed into Oak Cliff and two people from that vehicle are in custody.

Downtown Dallas is an active crime scene - don't go to work downtown without checking with DPD website to see if your building and traffic routes are open.
I was floored when they shared this. Very sad.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:43 PM

Police report that they "have a plan to end the standoff" with the suspect they have been exchanging gunfire with.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:45 PM

876 posts, read 814,130 times
Default 1968 - 2016

This is insane. 48 years ago the 1968 election was memorable for being one of the darkest years in American politics. A lot of the same conditions exist today as then. There is a tension in the air as there would be before a big earthquake.

Targeting innocent police officers is only going to escalate the cycle of killing. The POTUS needs to address the nation tomorrow and try to quell the spiraling violence.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:45 PM

There is some tension at a 7-11 downtown. A line of police officers are standing in a line in front of the store. US Marshals are there as well as about twenty or more police officers with a lot of people milling around and some smack talk going down but no violence.

This is a designated gathering place for people waiting for buses to take them out of downtown. Apparently there are lots of people whose cars are "trapped" downtown and who don't have a ride home.

There are about four idiots clearly trying to antagonize the police. The rest of the people are just standing around.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:48 PM

9,408 posts, read 11,937,825 times
So suspect is claiming bombs all over waiting to go off in Dallas. Let's hope it's a bluff.

Old 07-07-2016, 11:48 PM
gg

26,137 posts, read 25,992,063 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by renter16 View Post
Just heard one of them died. This is crazy
It isn't "crazy" it was very predictable. The anti-cop thing is huge and we all knew this was going to happen at some point, but didn't know where or when. This will be the norm now. Get used to it. People are anti cop, so there is a movement. Better be careful what you are wishing for. Thug nation taking over? Um, I think it is time to move out of cities for sure. Hope it doesn't happen in my town, but probably will in the next year or two. Violence is escalating quite a bit and people seem to be anti cop. Perfect storm for cop killing.

We are headed for a very military style police force at some point. People won't go for this crap.

My thoughts are with those families in Dallas that lost their family members. I have been around grieving police families. Things will change from this. People will start realizing the problem is the criminals and not the cops!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies