Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2016, 09:27 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,849,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by godofthunder9010 View Post
It sounds like Target came up with a solution that will make all parties happy. Good for them ... but until they're done, I'm not shopping there. Having a publicly announced open invitation telling deviants and weirdos that it's okay to live their dream and hang out in that ladies room -- I'm not okay with that.

People talk about the fact that some men could sneak in dressed up in drag or whatever. Fine and good, but women know what's up when a 6' "woman" with hairy arms and legs and a pronounced Adam's apple and manly build is in there with them. They contact security and that guy used to get kicked out and possibly arrested. But no longer. Now he has the legal right to be there. Heck, the guy doesn't even have to dignify his presence by dressing up in drag. He still has the legal right to be there. And all this has been so publicly announced and debated, the perverts of the world must be thanking their lucky stars at this point.

Quote:
The legit transgenders are honestly just getting caught in the crossfire here, IMHO. They were doing their thing in the restroom of their choosing long before anyone told them they needed the legal right to do it.

You're right godoofthunder, thank you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2016, 09:31 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Default not a satire ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
As far as adults engaging with children, parents should monitor that closely. If I were a Mom, I wold never let my child play with an adult stranger. Not for any reason. This has nothing whatsoever to do with transpeople or trans issues however.

As far as keeping children safe from predators, I would destroy anyone who would even think of bringing harm to a child.

The Rachel Dolezal thing has nothing to do with transpeople or trans issues either.

I don't simply believe I am female. I know I am. My physical brain is female.

No, no transwomen have been murdered in a bathroom, but that isn't the point. The point is we are at greater risk of attack than other groups.

Your focus on adults and children playing together, and the body part show and tell thing, makes my skin crawl. What is your point in bringing that up, when it has nothing to do with trans men and trans women using the bathroom?
Quote:
The Rachel Dolezal thing has nothing to do with transpeople or trans issues either.
When does reality step in?

"I hope you see the point in this serious discussion. If people can choose to decide to be something which they are not from a physical or biological perspective, then is there any real meaning to concepts like male, female, Caucasian, African or even human?"
<snip>
Even more interestingly, could humans add themselves to endangered species lists by simply announcing they are an endangered species? "I'm Otto the Spotted Owl." The implications for the EPA and the U.S. government would be quite fascinating. For example, to my knowledge, I don't think the IRS can levy taxes on Spotted Owls. So if a person announces they are a Spotted Owl, are they now a "sovereign animal" that's protected by the government in their "habitat" apartment?
<snip>
In other words, reality now has no meaning because what we're being taught is that there is no objective reality when it comes to people, gender, races and beings." ...
Genetically white woman now claims self-identify as black: If you can choose your gender, can you also choose your race? What about your species? Can a human claim to be a llama? - NaturalNews.com

Old 08-19-2016, 09:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I like Target in that they really give beat downs to shoplifters. They keep their stores clean too although when they have less customers that's not hard to do. I think they're too much like Wal mart or K mart, particularly their clothing. Their housewares are somewhat better but still not as nice as a real department store.

Personally I like having a private rest room and not having to worry about people hearing me do my business, or worse, hearing them do theirs. Have strong fans and soundproof doors.
There's not a Target here, so I go to Walmart or Meijer; but I agree with you on the bathroom thing.

Old 08-19-2016, 09:57 AM

4,750 posts, read 3,569,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
We stopped, won't go back again.

We shop for products not SJW dictating.
You know, all of America now allows blacks to vote and gays to marry. A lot of SJW dictating. Maybe you can extrapolate on your Target ban and not come back again to the United States.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:13 AM

50,860 posts, read 24,371,727 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
If I'm a bigot because I don't think our entire society should have to cater to the demands of advocates of the mentally ill freaks of nature, then so be it!

Better to be a bigot.....than an ABOMINATION!
Many of us feel that bigotry is an abomination.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellis Bell View Post
When does reality step in?

"I hope you see the point in this serious discussion. If people can choose to decide to be something which they are not from a physical or biological perspective, then is there any real meaning to concepts like male, female, Caucasian, African or even human?"
<snip>
Even more interestingly, could humans add themselves to endangered species lists by simply announcing they are an endangered species? "I'm Otto the Spotted Owl." The implications for the EPA and the U.S. government would be quite fascinating. For example, to my knowledge, I don't think the IRS can levy taxes on Spotted Owls. So if a person announces they are a Spotted Owl, are they now a "sovereign animal" that's protected by the government in their "habitat" apartment?
<snip>
In other words, reality now has no meaning because what we're being taught is that there is no objective reality when it comes to people, gender, races and beings." ...
Genetically white woman now claims self-identify as black: If you can choose your gender, can you also choose your race? What about your species? Can a human claim to be a llama? - NaturalNews.com

Transsexuality (most just say "transgender", but specifically I am a transsexual, which is the medical diagnostic term for gender dysphoria) is not a choice. You can't change race, you can't change species, you cannot change gender. But that isn't what's going on. I'm simply bringing my body into alignment with my brain, which is physically female, through hormones and eventual surgery.

Interesting study proving this: Male-to-Female Transsexuals Have Female Neuron Numbers in a Limbic Nucleus - http://press.endocrine.org/doi/full/10.1210/jcem.85.5.6564

You and others allege that malfeasant straight/cisgender college men looking to cop a feel on campus will conveniently “identify as Transgender†to get themselves easy access to female students in the bathroom or lockerroom. Or public bathrooms. Or dressing rooms.

Right.

Do those of you who say this have any idea what openly Trans people go through on a daily basis; the relentless taunting and bullying and physical violence they endure? Do you know the alarming rates of depression and self-harm and suicide among the Transgender population?

I’ll answer that: No, you don’t have a freakin’ clue.

Because if you did have an inkling or if you had done any reading or educated yourselves at all, you'd know that no straight guy is going to attach that label to himself just to get some perceived advantage on deviant behavior. No heterosexual man in his right mind would willingly subject himself to the kind of horror that other heterosexual men subject the Transgender community to each day. This is another no-brainer.

Links to studies, and research have been posted repeatedly, and have gone ignored--in favor of your bathroom panic. Why?

Old 08-19-2016, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phetaroi View Post
Many of us feel that bigotry is an abomination.
Indeed. Thank you, phetaroi

Old 08-19-2016, 10:20 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
People can bury their heads in the sand all they want, but that won't stop the ocean tides.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Places where girls and women are regularly sexually harassed or inappropriately touched: the street, public transit, the workplace, their homes, their schools

Places where very few cases have been reported: women's bathrooms by straight men pretending to be trans

When oh when will all the men crowing in this thread remove themselves from society for our safety? After all, if safety is paramount, then certainly they are doing their part. That includes never being alone with daughters, granddaughters, nieces, or cousins. Or even girlfriends and wives, for that matter, since the most risky person in a woman's life is likely to be someone in her family.
Very well put.

The whole bathroom thing, IMHO, is an issue (anti-trans/anti-gay) searching for situations to support the hysteria.

Old 08-19-2016, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
People could do that in the past too, nothing stopping them. You know it, you're simply faux poutraged.
I like that word!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies