Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 04:40 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Apparently people who work in corporate disagree with you.
I would replace all those morons for wasting all that money.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 04:47 PM

12,270 posts, read 11,326,964 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goinback2011 View Post
It looks like the Target boycott was effective.
Yup. Target decided to be all chi-chi and dive headlong into the gender identity debate while having the audacity to publicly criticize their customers who didn't agree with them. Target is just one store in a highly competitive market and customers responded by giving Target the middle finger.

Target's arrogance seriously pissed off a lot of their customers. It's going to take time to woo them back. We'll see after Christmas if Target is still a viable chain.

Old 08-18-2016, 04:52 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,591,221 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dockside View Post
Yup. Target decided to be all chi-chi and dive headlong into the gender identity debate while having the audacity to publicly criticize their customers who didn't agree with them. Target is just one store in a highly competitive market and customers responded by giving Target the middle finger.

Target's arrogance seriously pissed off a lot of their customers. It's going to take time to woo them back. We'll see after Christmas if Target is still a viable chain.
The ultimate power of the people is their coin purse.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:42 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
you mean like this over the top illogical statement that I was replying to?

I figured one over the top statement deserved another.

there is no epidemic of trans people attacking others. why don't you focus on some actual problems get real
Which over the top statement? That women have the right to sex aggregated bathrooms and that biological sex differences are real? Other than sarcasm and hyperbole you've left 99% of my points unanswered.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:53 PM

6,228 posts, read 3,605,800 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It's not illegal to use a bathroom of the opposite sex. What are you gonna do, call the police because a man, GASP!, walked into a women's room? Are you getting the vapors just thinking about it? Do you need the smelling salts? Toughen up.
Use some critical thinking please. Not all regulations are laws and no one said they were. For instance, entering a store without shirt or shoes may not be illegal but it's a rule the store enforces and polite society agrees upon. My point--for the willfully ignorant who refuse to listen and read and just hate cis women--is that this leaves open the possibility to break actual laws like sexual harassment, sexual assault, indecent exposure, and voyeurism. Once again with the double standard. Why do WE have to "toughen" up? Why not trans women with penises? Why don't you tell them to toughen up and stay in the men's room??? And does this directive to toughen up apply to female children as well? I guess 8 year old girls should have to fend for themselves and stop being coddled with the crazy notion that a bathroom should be safe and female only. Sicko.

Old 08-18-2016, 05:59 PM

381 posts, read 177,171 times
I try to avoid most public restrooms at all costs, so this obsession is so crazy to me. Lol.

I don't have anything against transgenders as what people do is their business, but I see this issue as a demand to have access to areas reserved for women. Companies can just build separate restrooms for those who identify differently than their gender, but no, they want to invade women's spaces. I'm all for biological women who identify as men to use the women's restroom though because I think a lot of them wouldn't feel comfortable being surrounded by actual men in the restroom. The physical advantage that men have over women is too great in my opinion.

Old 08-18-2016, 06:26 PM

36,754 posts, read 14,818,209 times
Target had made it a little too comfortable for pervs. Now that they're addressing the bathroom, the dressing rooms where men are "identifying as women" should be next.

Transgender woman arrested for taking pictures of women changing in Target dressing room

Old 08-18-2016, 11:47 PM

9,418 posts, read 13,492,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
That was sorta my gut thought, I imagine public building from here on out are probably going to be built with them in mind. It covers the whole transgender thing and plus it's nice to have an additional level of privacy too.
It's reactionary. Some people see "transgender" and "Target", don't actually look at the article stating that they are looking at adding single stall bathrooms and react. It's amusing to watch the responses, especially when they respond with stories of creepers in bathrooms. Hello? This is a win win! Single stall, no creepers.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:57 PM

1,548 posts, read 912,764 times
Last time I was in a Target there was a man employee masquerading as a woman. Not sure I want to go back there.

Old 08-19-2016, 12:01 AM

9,418 posts, read 13,492,235 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I would replace all those morons for wasting all that money.
You're free to get your MBA, Master of Science in Marketing, or whatever degree and argue with them all you want.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies