Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 11:37 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,557,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Awwww, another lover of the mental nut case freaks!
speaking of mental nut cases and freaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCIYsXhR1D0
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 11:38 AM

596 posts, read 429,036 times
None of this affects me...the world is my urinal.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'm not crazy autumn. I somewhat understand why you'd think that, it's a big issue to wrap your head around. It's very complex. I've had my gender dysphoria confirmed by two medical doctors (my GP and my Endocrinologist), and a licensed therapist. All of that has to be done before hormones are prescribed. They are incredibly dangerous, and should never be taken unless absolutely necessary. Of the possible side effects, if I'm ever to be adversely effected by them, I'd chose the aneurism. The others are much, much worse. This isn't something I chose.
people are always afraid of what's different. it's inherent in the GOP platform where ignorance runs RAMPANT!

Old 08-18-2016, 11:41 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Geekigurl, while I would never be unkind to a man who says he is a woman, you are not a female.

I would call a person by a preferred pronoun while talking to him/her if it made the gender identity person feel better. I don't wish to hurt anyone's feelings. However, a female is defined by science, physical biology as having XX chromosomes with very rare exceptions. Feelings don't determine gender.
As the subject is receiving more scientific research, more studies are finding differences.

Is There Something Unique about the Transgender Brain? - Scientific American

Old 08-18-2016, 11:43 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,849,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
speaking of mental nut cases and freaks

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TCIYsXhR1D0
And people call me crazy? Wow lol.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
And people call me crazy? Wow lol.
now you know why Ted Cruz lost and why the GOP will continue to lose the presidency. This is how the rest of the country sees them.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
As the subject is receiving more scientific research, more studies are finding differences.

Is There Something Unique about the Transgender Brain? - Scientific American
*puts away links to many websites*

Dammit.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:46 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,558,965 times
Default Target to install single stall bathrooms in all stores

Everyone gets their potty preference.

That's a good thing.

But I have to admit that I don't recall ever going into a Target restroom. Still, I'll buy at Target five times before I ever walk in Walmart's door.

Old 08-18-2016, 11:48 AM

Quote:
now you why Ted Cruz lost and why the GOP will continue to lose the presidency. This is how the rest of the country sees them.
Yeah. I really wish some people would study the issue objectively before stomping around Target screaming about it. Or sounding off about it in general. But you know what they say, "you can lead a person to knowledge, but you can't make them think."

Old 08-18-2016, 11:49 AM

6,232 posts, read 3,613,104 times
Quote:
people are always afraid of what's different. it's inherent in the GOP platform where ignorance runs RAMPANT!
Oh brother. Just because women reject these poorly written laws (one cannot substantiate how a person identifies just from them entering the bathroom) that leave open the possibility of real predators to abuse the laws, doesn't mean we're AFRAID of transgender people. And I reject the MISOGYNIST notion that people who desire to keep male genitalia are women.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies