Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2016, 08:25 AM

63,919 posts, read 46,773,354 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post

how do you stop people from committing a crime before they do it?
You blame the president for not preventing crime everywhere in the world.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 08:31 AM

5,998 posts, read 3,737,449 times
Wow...a lot of conservative angst in here. And for what? Because a company wishes to be inclusive of all people? Surely your lives can't be that shallow can they? And you wonder why the country is turning more socially liberal every day.

I can assure you that Target will survive your pathetic "boycotting" of their stores. Aside from the miserable souls who wish to shun their fellow citizens from the rest of society, many more will support this move. There are decent people in this country who wish to be inclusive of all, no matter what type of lifestyle they live.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:42 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,623 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Wow...a lot of conservative angst in here. And for what? Because a company wishes to be inclusive of all people? Surely your lives can't be that shallow can they? And you wonder why the country is turning more socially liberal every day.

I can assure you that Target will survive your pathetic "boycotting" of their stores. Aside from the miserable souls who wish to shun their fellow citizens from the rest of society, many more will support this move. There are decent people in this country who wish to be inclusive of all, no matter what type of lifestyle they live.
I know, I mean what is sooo wrong with a grown man deciding to walk into the female bathroom because he claims he feels like a female. I mean that is soooo okay and sooo liberal.

You guys are justifying people changing their sex, enough said. This guy, I mean this girl is who you are defending.

Old 08-18-2016, 08:53 AM

15,640 posts, read 10,400,743 times
The politics of the gender identity movement have resulted in the loss of safe sex-segregated spaces for women such as public bathrooms, dressing rooms, and changing rooms.

When access to public spaces is based only on a subjective belief that one is a woman, this effectively allows men to claim a gender identity and enter women’s spaces at any time. This is a problem for females because our biology makes us physically vulnerable to men, even if progressives deny this fact.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 AM

52,291 posts, read 52,734,263 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXNGL View Post
Why would people be up in arms about this? Plenty of stores and restaurants have single stall bathrooms. I'm female, not transgender, and I prefer them. Love the privacy.
That was sorta my gut thought, I imagine public building from here on out are probably going to be built with them in mind. It covers the whole transgender thing and plus it's nice to have an additional level of privacy too.

Old 08-18-2016, 09:56 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times
Quote:
how nice. wishing 341,000 Americans to lose their jobs because of a freaking bathroom.

when HRC becomes President and you're all sitting around wondering what went wrong, think back to issues like this.

Yeah... more freaking perverts had their way, as usual with the Dems!

Last edited by i_love_autumn; 08-18-2016 at 10:14 AM..

Old 08-18-2016, 09:59 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yeah... freaking perverts had their way, as usual with the Dems!
I think it was good intentions run amuck.

It's a complex issue.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:00 AM

4,899 posts, read 3,557,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yeah... freaking perverts had their way, as usual with the Dems!

how very fitting of an emoji...

Old 08-18-2016, 10:16 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,849,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Why would a man have to dress as a woman?

Many of us actually don't care about the transgenders coming into the restrooms. The transgenders are just wanting to go use the restroom. If I were to guess, transgender people probably have a much lower sexual crime rate than "regular" people.

My problem would be with any law penalizing a business or a private person from questioning a suspicious person entering or loitering around a bathroom. This was the problem with Houston's HERO ordinance. With HERO, if a business employee saw a man, dressed as a man, enter or loiter in front of that business's women's restroom, and that employee asked why he was there, that man could contact the COH and claim he felt he identified as a woman at that moment. The city would investigate that business for harassment and could impose penalties. This is where I object.

The danger is not from transgenders. The danger comes from men dressed as men who would be protected from being questioned as to why they are going into or loitering outside the women's restrooms or changing rooms. Other than the Houston ordinance (which was defeated), I'm not sure if any other law has this effect.

IMHO, it's good that Target is putting in these single stalls since it helps lots of different people.
Wow. Really great post Really really great post. It's true that the vast majority of us are harmless.
Everything you said here is right on.

Old 08-18-2016, 10:16 AM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times
Quote:

how very fitting of an emoji...

Awwww, another lover of the mental nut case freaks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies