Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 01:46 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,852,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
I'm not crazy autumn. I somewhat understand why you'd think that, it's a big issue to wrap your head around. It's very complex. I've had my gender dysphoria confirmed by two medical doctors (my GP and my Endocrinologist), and a licensed therapist. All of that has to be done before hormones are prescribed. They are incredibly dangerous, and should never be taken unless absolutely necessary. Of the possible side effects, if I'm ever to be adversely effected by them, I'd chose the aneurism. The others are much, much worse. This isn't something I chose.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, and a lot of so-called doctors, are full of sh*t quacks too! If you have gender identity problems you ARE nuts, no two ways around it! Plus anyone can fly any BS claim online, now can't you?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 01:53 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and a lot of so-called doctors, are full of sh*t quacks too! If you have gender identity problems you ARE nuts, no two ways around it! Plus anyone can fly any BS claim online, now can't you?
How do you explain the brain scan studies?

Old 08-18-2016, 01:58 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,557,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mack Knife View Post
Oh please. Do tell us all the problem with a non-physically converted transgender person using the restroom designated for other human beings with the same physical attributes (like a penis).

Where is the epidemic of harm being caused to transgenders using toilet facilities marked for the physical attributes they have.???

Seems like cherry picking who is harmed is the way to go.

Or should we all just behave as wild animals and be done with it?

Over the top.
your fabricated outrage stems from being low informed and closed minded.

the end

Old 08-18-2016, 01:58 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,849,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Good reason to be pro 2nd Amendment. You don't stand a chance against a mob unarmed, but you have the chance to defend yourself when a gun helps even the odds.

I'm considering getting one. They are pretty expensive for me though.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:00 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,557,484 times
Quote:
I sincerely apologize on behalf of hetero's everywhere that you have deal with absolute morons and bigots.

maybe get yourself some mace for starters and save up for a firearm.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:01 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Since your odds of being violently attacked are greater than most people, I think you should. You have every right to protect yourself.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:01 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I have never seen a company focus so much on bathrooms.
I have never seen anyone caring so much about a random retailer's bathrooms. Is this something that occupies your mind a lot?

Old 08-18-2016, 02:02 PM

17,273 posts, read 9,569,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaphawoman View Post
My God. This question has been answered numerous times. What's stopping people now is that women at least are able to report someone to store security, a manager, or police. Criminals at least gauge their opportunity for getting away with something. By your logic, we should not have any regulations or laws about anything anywhere because criminals don't follow the law.

The disregard and double standard for women and girls safety is shocking. Why are only transwomen's concerns about safety in the male bathroom considered valid but not cis women's concerns about OUR safety?
It's not illegal to use a bathroom of the opposite sex. What are you gonna do, call the police because a man, GASP!, walked into a women's room? Are you getting the vapors just thinking about it? Do you need the smelling salts? Toughen up.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:13 PM

15,867 posts, read 21,455,012 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaseyB View Post
Bingo. And that is the issue with Target's policy. Predators don't even have to put on a disguise to gain access to women's dressing rooms.
Why do you care?

Many of the places I shop have a single dressing room area with individual rooms. If I am with friends, I leave the room. I don't care if a man sees the back of my bra and if I did, I could make the choice to not leave the stall.

The same is true of a bathroom. Just what are you doing that would give a predator access? And just why do you assume a predator isn't going to share your genitalia?

Please use the single stall bathroom if you are so concerned.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:15 PM

11,086 posts, read 8,550,525 times
It looks like the Target boycott was effective.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies