Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-18-2016, 02:15 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,849,489 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Yeah, yeah, yeah, and a lot of so-called doctors, are full of sh*t quacks too! If you have gender identity problems you ARE nuts, no two ways around it! Plus anyone can fly any BS claim online, now can't you?
Got a point there, autumn. How's about I let you have a peek at my medical records? I'll DM you when I have that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2016, 02:17 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
A transwoman my sister worked with was forced to use the men's room at work. Three men waited until she came out of the stall, and nearly beat her to death. Every time I walk into a public bathroom, I walk in knowing I could be beaten or murdered, unless I use a single stall bathroom, and it could happen even then. I could be beaten or murdered partly because of the paranoia that's been created over this issue.
When your sister goes into the women's public restroom, guess what gender will be joining her. She didn't get very far ...

If you're thinking that only other women will be joining her, you may want to understand that bill a wee bit better ...

Chaos, there's a word.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:19 PM

4,899 posts, read 3,557,484 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by charolastra00 View Post
Why do you care?

Many of the places I shop have a single dressing room area with individual rooms. If I am with friends, I leave the room. I don't care if a man sees the back of my bra and if I did, I could make the choice to not leave the stall.

The same is true of a bathroom. Just what are you doing that would give a predator access? And just why do you assume a predator isn't going to share your genitalia?

Please use the single stall bathroom if you are so concerned.
the Gap has this kind of setup, Gap Outlet too.

boys and girls in dressing rooms right next to each other??!!! where's my bible??

Old 08-18-2016, 02:22 PM

34,619 posts, read 21,635,782 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
where's my bible??
If you can't find it, I'll send you one.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:31 PM

46,970 posts, read 26,018,521 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
If you have gender identity problems you ARE nuts, no two ways around it!
And if you're nuts, you should have no expectation of consideration from those surrounding you, right? Sucks to be you, now don't you dare raise your voice as we kick you down a few rungs. You don't count, you're nuts.

And people like you wonder why you're considered bigots.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Northeastah View Post
I sincerely apologize on behalf of hetero's everywhere that you have deal with absolute morons and bigots.

maybe get yourself some mace for starters and save up for a firearm.
Thank you, Northeastah.

I'll consider the mace idea too, but those are kinda heavy lol jk.

Old 08-18-2016, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by northeastah View Post
the gap has this kind of setup, gap outlet too.

Boys and girls in dressing rooms right next to each other??!!! Where's my bible??

haha :d

Old 08-18-2016, 02:50 PM

Here is the link to the article.
Christian, Let My Transgender People Go! (When Bigotry Uses the Bathroom) | john pavlovitz

Last edited by Ibginnie; 08-18-2016 at 03:01 PM.. Reason: off topic

Old 08-18-2016, 03:08 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,937,047 times
A Male can relieve himself either by standing or sitting.

A Female has only one choice and that is to sit.

Maybe all restrooms should have a sign that states "Stand or Sit"

Old 08-18-2016, 04:37 PM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
They [men] are not pulling a 'tootsie' to do it (go into a women's facility), they are straight men and no one can stop them as the law forbids anyone to get in their way ... Why is that so hard for people to understand?

I posted above, your sister did not get very far. When she goes into a women's restroom a straight male hetero may follow her and use the facility as well. No big deal right? Let's break it down into simple terms ...

Can people not take into account that assaults and sexual assaults is not about the sex. It is about, dominance and control of another being? (simple facts) Men and women have experienced this type of assault. However, men are less likely to report it. Many women stay silent, because a) they don't want to relive the experience in having to tell of the event b) chances of convictions are still considered slim.

Means, opportunity and environment. Odds are, not in a busy restroom. How about a restroom that is not so busy? Odds of winning at a lottery are slim, but there are still those that win.

What it is going to take is for an assault to happen, not to a hetero, but to a trans, before people go, oh wait ...

Before a city will put a stop light in at an intersection, there has to be five fatal accidents. How many assaults (and the vultures are circling) before people begin to rethink this idea of genderless restrooms, where public safety should be at the forefront of this decisions, it is now the last thought any one has on their mind?

In reading the words of a trans woman, she said that before the passing of the legislature she was allowed to use the teacher's private facility at her school. She was comfortable doing that. Now, not so much. As now she is in the common use facilities along with every one else and she is now, uncomfortable ...

The unintended victims:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=36_6We1bfkY
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies