Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-05-2016, 05:16 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times

Advertisements

Another CEO gets wealthy off of tax payer welfare.
Quote:
Walker's WEDC -- the purpose of which is to create jobs in the state -- is giving a Wisconsin company a 6 million dollar tax credit to build headquarters in the state -- with the okay to lay off 1,900 employees (half its workforce), and with no new job creation requirements.
Walker's WEDC votes for Ashley furniture $6 mil tax credit, owners then donate $20 K

Forbes Welcome
Quote:
Ron recently founded Third Lake Capital, an investment vehicle for his family's wealth; in July 2015 it bought WingHouse, a restaurant chain in Florida, for an undisclosed amount.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2016, 05:30 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,624,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
The workers should leave with the jobs. They can live more cheaply in those other states.

California jobs outsourced to other states, because of so many regulations and double labor cost....

Sound Familiar, to what has happened to the nation as a whole?
Just think if California could tariff all imports into the state from other states to make up the difference.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:33 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,275,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jojajn View Post
And that is probably the real reason they are relocating, especially since the California minimum wage will not hit $15 an hour until 2023

Old 09-05-2016, 05:34 PM

30,419 posts, read 20,306,967 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Misanthrope83 View Post
Good to see you give up. You know I am right because I am! It makes ZERO sense to think you can pay MILLIONS to 1 person but not 3 or 4 dollars more an hour to 840 workers.
I didn't give up. I just see no point in wasting my time arguing with idiots.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:36 PM

16,911 posts, read 10,591,580 times
That store is owed by crooks and charlatans anyway. I wouldn't buy a folding chair from them.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:37 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,549 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
I didn't give up. I just see no point in wasting my time arguing with idiots.
Sure Sure. I am correct you are wrong. If paying to much was problem CEO wouldn't be getting millions.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:39 PM

Quote:
Not so much WHO but what. You should be able to pay the average rent and child care and car payment and house payment off of your wage. Its pathetic government must enforce greedy companies to pay better wages but that's what its come to at times.
That's where you're wrong. No one making minimum wage should have bought a house (let alone have been given the loan). You're car payment is not your employer's responsibility either. And you should be living in housing that you can afford on your pay (if you only make minimum, that isn't your employers problem).

What makes you think employers are "greedy?" Because they don't pay YOU what YOU want, does not make them greedy.

You really are clueless. How old are you?

Old 09-05-2016, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Sure Sure. I am correct you are wrong. If paying to much was problem CEO wouldn't be getting millions.
Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. You need to get an education.

Old 09-05-2016, 05:43 PM

1,202 posts, read 641,549 times
Quote:
Sorry, but you couldn't be more wrong. You need to get an education.
Sure sure....I need an education yet you can't defeat my argument because its correct. The company is leaving Cali because NOW they will have to pay a livable wage to its workers and that's just WRONG! Only the CEO is allowed to get disgustingly rich!

Old 09-05-2016, 05:47 PM

38,496 posts, read 25,815,033 times
Quote:
That's where you're wrong. No one making minimum wage should have bought a house (let alone have been given the loan). You're car payment is not your employer's responsibility either. And you should be living in housing that you can afford on your pay (if you only make minimum, that isn't your employers problem).

What makes you think employers are "greedy?" Because they don't pay YOU what YOU want, does not make them greedy.

You really are clueless. How old are you?
Wow! Your post demonstrates just how far America has gone downhill! You actually believe that someone who works an honest job full time, should not receive a wage enough to live on.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies