Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-23-2016, 06:44 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The people of the Philippines are two-faced and disloyal as evidenced by their president's sucking up to China. They are money hungry takers and have given zero in return. The severed ties is not a loss for the US and we should make it more difficult for Filipinos to immigrate to the US; let them go to China instead.

This is how our "relationship" started.............. https://unitedstatesimperialism.word...e-philippines/

I don't blame them for going to china..........
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-23-2016, 06:50 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by calipoppy View Post
The people of the Philippines are two-faced and disloyal as evidenced by their president's sucking up to China. They are money hungry takers and have given zero in return. The severed ties is not a loss for the US and we should make it more difficult for Filipinos to immigrate to the US; let them go to China instead.

Talk about "Two faced"............... U.S. to pay 'forgotten' Filipino World War II veterans - CNN.com

You need to catch up on your history............

Old 10-23-2016, 07:15 PM

56,988 posts, read 35,215,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Anti-American? What about Cuba? You mean the place Castro and his commies overthrew then pointed Soviet missiles at us almost setting off war.
The government they overthrew was a brutal dictatorship with no fealty to its people. They did however, have complete fealty to the U.S. and the American Mafia.

So what's it to you? You aren't Cuban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It's more than 2.6 it's heading towards 4 million I believe. Why? Because anyone with a brain in the Philippines knows the US is better than China. From what I understand a huge percent of the population has ties to someone in the US at some level...it's almost approaching the level of Mexico. Duterte and his commie supporters can't pull off their anti-US nonsense without lying and trying to spread hate because he's messing with peoples friends and families.

China has a vested interest in the Philippines not wanting to deal with the US and not liking the US because China is the bully on the block that no one wants to play with. The less friends the Philippines has, the more China likes it.

Guys like desertdetroiter and unbrainwashed are perfect examples of this. They can't stand it that the people of the Philippines and the US get along so well. They want to break up decades of relationship building.
Now why would I give a damn about the Philippines? We don't need a friendship with the Philippines regardless. They aren't important to our existence.

Old 10-23-2016, 07:36 PM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,199 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
This is how our "relationship" started.............. https://unitedstatesimperialism.word...e-philippines/

Quote:
Talk about "Two faced"............... U.S. to pay 'forgotten' Filipino World War II veterans - CNN.com

That's all Duterte bunk it wasn't popular opinion even if there was some business tycoons that wanted the US to hang on it. The process to grant the Philippines independence started not long after the Philippines were handed over to the US. The rebels just assumed for whatever reason that the US must be as evil as Spain, and would never let them go and keep the country for 300 years like Spain did. So they just started fighting immediately. I don't believe the US ever had any intention of keeping it, the US was never in the business of conquering other countries. You don't base your current relationships on what happened 100 years ago. Going by this theory...why would the US have good relations with Japan or Germany?

Old 10-23-2016, 08:29 PM

18,258 posts, read 22,538,660 times
Quote:

Quote:

I do not care about the Philippines. They contribute nothing (besides sex tourism for socially awkward and inadequate Western men) so its not a loss to the US.

Old 10-24-2016, 04:34 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,111,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
Duterte is that you? You and desertdetroiter are so completely full of it with your anti-US, pro communist, pro China posts I don't have near enough time to even to respond to it all. The US helps lots of countries without an agenda. We gave to the Philippines back when it got hit with Yolanda. The comments about Latin America make no sense at all it's not an analogy that works. Also this is 2016, not 1945.

Stop trying to compare the US to China. We're nothing alike and the US has 100 times better motives, ethics, values, when we deal with other countries and that's why most of the world likes the US better than China.

The US needs money put into its own infrastructure even. I already said in another thread I think the US could do a little more for the Philippines and I'm sick of how much money we waste in the Middle East and some other places.

I'm pretty sure the people in Haiti were very appreciative of the aid they don't need you to speak for them thanks.

Duterte and the whole pathetic, puny, anti-US fringe movement is a mental midget moron maneuver based on a dream that if China thinks the Philippines doesn't like the US...somehow China is going to shower them with gifts and make all of their dreams come true. Pure stupidity.

If the world would let them China would invade the Philippines, rape all of the women with their military, since China doesn't have enough women for it's men.... and steal every ounce of natural resources they could. China is a country with no values or ethics.
I think you should begin with a better distinction between its and it's before you even attempt to discuss world politics. It's hard to take you seriously when you demonstrate poor grammar and a weak grasp of the English language while spewing CIA inspired Cold War kool aid.

And, for the record, the Chinese are going to shower the Philippines with gifts...to the tune of around $16 billion.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:07 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How do you know how the Chinese are going to operate? Do you have a crystal ball? As the record stands right now, China is doing more for developing nations in the past 10 years than Western nations have the past 200+ years. Being bitter and "butthurt" about a developing nation embracing another power reeks of colonial mentality where the former colonies wanted independence and the empires said fine, you can have your independence, but we're taking everything with us, and left their former colonies in shambles, worse than pre-colonial times. Adding insult to injury, the former colonial powers installed dictators friendly to the former power so the former power retains control over their former colony, and so neo-colonialism was born. When a dictator goes off the reservation, it's time to crank up the media propaganda war machine to "liberate" the country from the big bad dictator. No government in the world is going to be generous out of their kind hearts for foreign people, only convenient interests.

Most of China's neighbors are quite poor and in need of money and infrastructure. What difference does it make if China has an agenda? We don't? Of course we do, and helping poor, destitute people around the world isn't one of them. There are ALWAYS strings attached.
It's what I've said for years. The way to go about all of this is to engage with other countries. Trade with them. Have good relations. Not bomb the hell out of them.

Of course China has an agenda. I've noted that for a long time also. Along with other countries they are working to knock the dollar off the world stage. They are going to succeed in the end because we continue to elect ignorant politicians to lead us.

Old 10-24-2016, 05:46 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Apparently you are being very naive thinking Duterte cares who happens to be the president of US at this time. He is saying the same things to EU (worse, actually), so clearly he is anti-west, while wanting to ally his country with China and Russia who condone his behavior (like summary executions).

Old 10-24-2016, 06:40 AM

5,792 posts, read 5,111,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
Apparently you are being very naive thinking Duterte cares who happens to be the president of US at this time. He is saying the same things to EU (worse, actually), so clearly he is anti-west, while wanting to ally his country with China and Russia who condone his behavior (like summary executions).
Summary execution of drug pushers, runners and sellers. Apparently most filipinos condone it too. So whatever happen to your sense of democratic representation?

Old 10-24-2016, 06:47 AM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pennyone View Post
Summary execution of drug pushers, runners and sellers. Apparently most filipinos condone it too. So whatever happen to your sense of democratic representation?
Germans condoned summary executions too after electing Hitler through democratic elections, but it didn't make it right. EU and US are right in condemning the murders, and Duterte doesn't like it. Too bad, but it may end up being good for US, because many of the 1M+ call center jobs we outsourced to the Philippines might come back to US because of this thug.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies