Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2016, 07:56 AM

1,650 posts, read 1,116,218 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
The process of the enlightenment is accelerating. Mind your own damn business.
So tolerant of you. Will you say the same to a muslim?

Old 11-19-2016, 07:58 AM

27,581 posts, read 28,687,607 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
What do you feel when you read the thread title?
Personally, I find the thought of gay sex disgusting. I mean, a man sticking his penis into another man's butt hole? EEEEEEEh. However, I'm not in a position to tell consenting adults what they can or cannot do in their bedroom or who they can marry.

Gay marriage is legally protected in our country, and that's all there is to it.

Old 11-19-2016, 07:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, sexual appetites have nothing to do with race. Do you realize that?
What is next? Polygamy? Who are we to say that several hundred consenting women cannot legally marry one man?

Old 11-19-2016, 08:00 AM

856 posts, read 705,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
What do you feel when you read the thread title?

Just 20 years ago, I could make this statement and there would hardly be a cringe among a crowd.

Today, it is seen as taboo; as if a damning slander suddenly leaped out of the dark ages. Heck, someone might close this very thread.

Why is this? How is it that a societal opinion can change so quickly, and so fiercely?
Fine, you are entitled to your personal opinion. But let's let individuals decide, not government. Personally, I am fine with gay marriage.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:01 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShiverMeTimber View Post
What is next? Polygamy? Who are we to say that several hundred consenting women cannot legally marry one man?
So you are in favor of big government telling people what they can and can't do in their home, and I thought you were a government hating conservative

Old 11-19-2016, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bescheech thee View Post
Who has reported to your door and demanded your weapons?
I said restrict. The 2a is explicit "shal not be infringed" yet for 10 years I couldn't buy an AR or a 10 round magazine. Clinton's own website her plan to end the sale of firearms by loophole of indefinate hold on background checks.

Nobody has to go door to door and you know it. It's a death by 100 cuts just like we saw happen in other countries.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:04 AM

26,979 posts, read 15,899,377 times
Quote:
So tolerant of you. Will you say the same to a muslim?
Yes. I do not tolerate intolerance. Do you?

Old 11-19-2016, 08:06 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,360 times
It is truly amazing how quickly the country's view on gay marriage changed, it really feels like it was overnight. As the OP correctly stated, 20yrs ago, most people probably would agree with the title strongly. Now it seems gay marriage is permanently here to stay. Now a gay person will say it didn't change fast enough, but I think that is an unfair statement. Of course it would have benefited the gay community if the change happened faster, but when you look at it historically, the change is mind blowing. Think about this, what if 20yrs ago, your crazy uncle Bob said, "someday gay people will be married throughout the USA, they will have full benefits of marriage, be able to adopt children, be able to find another person to help in creating a child, change their sexual gender/identity, hold political offices and maybe even become President of the USA." No matter how you feel about gay marriage, you would think Uncle Bob is completely crazy.

It is a testament to prove that society and culture is changing so rapidly, that within our lifetimes, we will go through changes that we could not have imagined. You might think it is not think it is a big deal, but the history books will mark these times as truly historic. Depending on who ultimately wins, it will be either the age of enlightenment or the age of moral decay. Right now it is looking like the title will be age of enlightenment.

Old 11-19-2016, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FirebirdCamaro1220 View Post
So you are in favor of big government telling people what they can and can't do in their home, and I thought you were a government hating conservative
I don't care what happens in people's bedrooms. Marriage isn't about what happens in the bedroom, it's a scared religious ceremony that has been practiced for thousands of years.

Now that the state stepped in on this, why cannot several hundred consenting women marry some rich guy? Or are you going to deflect the question again?

Old 11-19-2016, 08:09 AM

Location: Live:Downtown Phoenix, AZ/Work:Greater Los Angeles, CA
27,606 posts, read 14,619,501 times
Quote:
I don't care what happens in people's bedrooms. Marriage isn't about what happens in the bedroom, it's a scared religious ceremony that has been practiced for thousands of years.

Now that the state stepped in on this, why cannot several hundred consenting women marry some rich guy? Or are you going to deflect the question again?
Marriage is more than a religious ceremony, it is a legal arrangement that determines things like inheritance, custody and so forth. I was not deflecting anything
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies