Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-23-2016, 01:28 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Big Lebowski Dude View Post
Obviously, what the older woman did was wrong re: her rant. That being said, it's worth noting she was doing so because the other person cut in line. Personally, I hate line-cutter of all ethnic groups. They are scum of the earth!!!

Now, if the older woman had gone off on a rant & just called the woman out for being a line cutter - and didn't bring the line-cutter's ethnicity into it....then, as far as I'm concerned - that would have been fine.

I myself have gotten angry with line-cutters & have made comments to their face - of course they've ignored it, but at least I felt a little better....
I agree with you to a certain degree.

I don't know why SOME people have troubles controlling their anger in public. Could be impulsivity, sense of entitlement issues, or disorder. I can only speculate.

Well, my own sister had a serial cheater as a husband. The last "mistress" happened to be a Mexican lady. All of sudden, My sister had a problem with ALL Mexican women. Now, she moved on to a meaningful good relationship, she realized how silly and stupid she acted.

I think when first interacting with people, the first we notice is their "race" or "gender".

Old 12-23-2016, 01:30 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I don't like people who cut in line either. However, that is no excuse for going on a racial/ethnic tirade.
I agree, but she's right in the sense that if you come here you need to act civilized and follow the rules. That's the problem with immigrants now, they don't assimilate, it's big in the Muslim community as well, they don't bother trying to integrate, but yeah, I don't think she should have gone there really.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:32 PM

2,508 posts, read 2,176,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
If she had kept race and ethnicity out of his, this thread wouldn't exist. However, since she did bring race and ethnicity into this, this is why we have this thread.
Maybe, and maybe not. With everyone having cell phone cameras these days, I can easily see someone losing their cool because someone cut in line in front of them, and telling them off - without bringing ethnicity into the conversation. And, if the person gets angry enough about this, I can also see someone else taking a cell phone video of this & posting it online.

Again, the angry woman's mistake was bringing ethnicity into the rant. If she had just gotten angry about the fact that the woman had cut in line, then other people (who were waiting in line) would have agreed with her. I have been in several situations where people have cut in line, someone has said something, and I've heard people muttering with agreement behind me. No one likes line cutters. The rest of us have to wait in line, so you should too.

Get to the back of the line & wait like everyone else, you lazy, entitled P.O.S.!

Old 12-23-2016, 01:33 PM

39,230 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post
I agree, but she's right in the sense that if you come here you need to act civilized and follow the rules. That's the problem with immigrants now, they don't assimilate, it's big in the Muslim community as well, they don't bother trying to integrate, but yeah, I don't think she should have gone there really.
My family has several stores in the shopping malls. I pretty much see people cutting in line on daily basis. Not many shoppers mention "race" or "gender". Guys would say, "I will wait outside, you want to fight?" LOL I thought that was brutal.

I guess nobody wants to be the internet star. haha

Old 12-23-2016, 01:39 PM

20,728 posts, read 19,374,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowhound View Post

Old established people tend not to assimilate. Latinos by the 3rd generation may not even speak Spanish. So will many Muslims assimilate . The problem with Islam however is instead of a little mariachi music for those slow to assimilate, Islamic fundamentalism comes with a few wack jobs. I would accept the risk if there was an upside, but what's the upside. $5 is not a lot of money , but why toss it out the window? What am I getting for the risk? I engage in risk for reward, not risk for its own sake.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:42 PM

52,288 posts, read 52,723,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynedd1 View Post
Old established people tend not to assimilate. Latinos by the 3rd generation may not even speak Spanish. So will many Muslims assimilate . The problem with Islam however is instead of a little mariachi music for those slow to assimilate, Islamic fundamentalism comes with a few wack jobs. I would accept the risk if there was an upside, but what's the upside. $5 is not a lot of money , but why toss it out the window? What am I getting for the risk? I engage in risk for reward, not risk for its own sake.
I agree, plus I don't mind some of that Mariachi music. LOL.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:46 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
As long as there is diversity politics there are going to be people who feel slighted because of it.

Old 12-23-2016, 01:52 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,271,773 times
Interesting that the crude racist's piggishness is being defended with the justification that the other woman "cut in line," which is apparently one of the Ten Commandments.

It states that her friend added to the transaction--it did not say she had a separate transaction.

This happens quite often in the grocery store. The person in front of you is joined by their spouse, child, partner, whatever, with an armful of groceries, and adds the items to the cart or counter to be put in the same transaction.

And yet, I have never once seen or heard some uncivilized impatient jerk lash out rudely at them. Not once. And I live in South Fla, where there are plenty of rude people, though apparently not as rude as some in Kentucky.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:08 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cruisetheworld View Post
Why Not? Black Lives Matter you know.
It's off topic. Get help for your obsession.

Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
As long as there is diversity politics there are going to be people who feel slighted because of it.
So, it's people of color's fault?

Birds of a feather, I suppose.

Old 12-23-2016, 02:21 PM

8,061 posts, read 4,888,780 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpollen View Post
For those trying to deny the white supremacists have come out of the closet and that hate speech and behavior is rampant with the election, here's an example.

It's actually the entire mall, which is privately owned, that is seeking to ban her from the mall. Which they should. She shouldn't be allowed in the company of decent people.

But hey...what a snappy outfit and hairdo she has, huh? A true example of the "new" Republican. Who do you think she voted for in the election? Hmmmm. I can't imagine!
I review the post and it was NOT Racist. Bad manners and no Class perhaps.

Your generalization of Republicans is racist and narrow minded. In Fact it show the OP being Racist towards any who is not HRC.

Good bye and Good luck!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies