Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 01:06 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
Where was the vision? Where was the unity, of "We, the people"? Where was the attempt at bringing into the fold the majority who did not vote for Trump, a majority of 3 million people? Where was any sign of humility?

All we got was a rehashed stump speech, with over the top statements, like violence in inner cities stopping today. Really?

All we got was a dissing of EVERY former President on the podium, whether Republican or Democrat, plus congress.

All we got was bull baiting the rest of the world that they don't matter any more.

Trump will have a lot to learn. Let's hope his actions don't harm America, and that Congress constrains him. There are good people on both sides of the aisle that DO understand what it means to govern for all Americans.

Trump has given no indication he does.
As I said in another thread, his words at the Inauguration were nothing more than a repeat of the false promises (threats, actually) that he stated in his opening campaign speech. If congress stands up for themselves and denies his damaging intentions, there is hope. If they roll over and endorse whatever he wants, we are in for some very bad times.

4,040 posts, read 2,558,574 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
I think it was head and shoulders above the last two. Obama's pack of lies was empty rhetoric both in 2008 and 2012.
This is really a very important point.

I was never a fan of Obama, BUT after he won in 2008 and I watched his inaugural address I came away pretty hopeful and thinking "Maybe I misjudged this guy".

He proved pretty quickly that it was just a bunch of hot air and he certainly didn't put much effort into actually doing those things he spoke about.

I didn't see Trump's speech yet, but if he can deliver then how good or bad his speech was is truly irrelevant.

7,185 posts, read 3,703,121 times
It was carnage, carnage, carnage.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:07 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW View Post
President Trump's speech was heavily nationalistic and included the term you and not once any mention of I or Me. I was surprised considering the egomania exhibited by Trump during the campaign. I actually appreciated the economic nationalism after all these years of support of internationalist economics that started with the Clinton Cabal taking over the Democratic Party.

I see the President's position of strong anti-establishment goals to be refreshing.

While I am watching The Donald attempt to be president I will work to free my Democratic Party from the domination of the moneyed classes and return us to being the real party of the people of the United States.
from your mouth to gods ears. unfortunately i think you are running a fools errand at this point.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:08 PM

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Population of D.C. 700,000 . 90% democrat. Enjoy your juvenile victory.

?????????

JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Well, most of Trump voters work for a living and this happens to be a work day.
If that's true, then why did he campaign on bringing their jobs back?

51,655 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Even FOX admitted it was bad!
Wow.

Just listened to part of his speech and was astounded that he stood and insulted all the past presidents, not to mention the members of Congress, standing beside him.

It felt like that photo of him with Romney.

76,971 posts, read 47,659,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by G1.. View Post
Even FOX admitted it was bad!
It was horrible. Trump needs to fire that speech writer ASAP. Bad start.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:09 PM

6,160 posts, read 5,717,676 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JPD View Post
I think he'll quit.
It will be interesting to see where we are in 4 years and if Trump supporters still support Trump. We've never had a candidate like this before. We are in uncharted waters.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:09 PM

732 posts, read 1,046,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Or what you've convinced yourself happened.

It's really terrible to tell another poster that what they saw, with their own eyes, is meaningless.

This is why people don't like Trump and his supporters.

So thoroughly dismissive of the feelings and concerns of others
And your candidate dismissed many of Trump's supporters as deplorable and irredeemable. Maybe that's why she lost. No matter.

I was never a Trump fan but am eternally grateful to him for keeping her out of the White House. An added bonus is being able to see the anger/fear/hysteria among the elites on this board and elsewhere.

It's going to be a very fun 4 years.

Oh yeah, as far as President Trump's speech. It was so nice to hear him invoke God. I'm sure not a god-squadder but I know it drives the elites crazy.

OOPs, and they still have the audacity to take the oath swearing on a bible? They actually had a rabbi, bishop and pastor say a prayer after the President's speech? How dare they! Got to watch that stuff.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies