Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 01:18 PM

39,875 posts, read 26,526,580 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
Comparison: Donald Trump and Barack Obama

Get used to it Trump. Nobody likes you.
It's a little tougher for Trump supporters to attend than Obama supporters.

They have to arrange to take time off work.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:18 PM

9,511 posts, read 9,094,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
It was absolutely WONDERFUL to listen to a speech from a President that talked about "We" and who loves his country verses a speech from a narcissist who talks about himself and has completely destroyed his country.

My greatest hope is he will clean up illegals, lift up the inner cities and the people who suffer there, bring jobs to all who can work and restore the pride in our country. My hope is he can restore the respect from other countries, crushes radical Islam and most of all, can heal the racial, social, economic and religious divide Obama created and fostered.
Yep. Trump's speech continued to thank Americans and reminded everyone that the people are in charge of America. Can anyone imagine Hillary thanking America and dedicating a term in office to the American people? Great closing to the speech to with " making America great again!!".

Old 01-20-2017, 01:19 PM

21,154 posts, read 19,736,448 times
It saves taxpayer dollars to have smaller crowds: less security, less litter, less pollution from buses, less congestion, less days taken off of work, etc.

Thank you, President Trump!

Old 01-20-2017, 01:19 PM

1,160 posts, read 713,609 times
Wont it feel good to focus on America and our own people rather than a constant focus on other countries and their people?

Old 01-20-2017, 01:20 PM

1,851 posts, read 2,173,459 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

This joke is already old and just that - a joke. If Trump supporters are actually working, why were so many of them voting for him because he promised to bring back their jobs?

34,938 posts, read 36,275,187 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Trump had temporary put on a different jacket to go outside. Why, I don't know. A few minutes later he can be seen with the pin with is regular jacket on at the signing ceremony and at the luncheon.
Maybe he was cold?

I've never understood the hoopla over tie tacks and lapel pins.

Does not running for office indicate a reasonable level of patriotism?

I would think so.

I've never needed to scan any President's jacket in search of a pin to prove some point about that president's support of the oath of office.

Seems trivial, doesn't it? Not you noticing it now, because we are discussing it now and it's something worth doublechecking in this context.

Just the whole idea of it.

12,906 posts, read 15,666,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milton Miteybad View Post
That's the difference right there. At the 2009 inauguration, only about 17 people total actually had to miss work in order to attend. "Hey...it's not like we have jobs or have appointments to keep or anything like that...let's go watch the Inauguration."

The Republicans, on the other hand, do have jobs, and may not be able to walk away from them merely for the purpose of attending the Presidential Inauguration.

It's a completely different social dynamic, don'cha know?
Considering liberal elites are raking in all the bucks, your analogy doesn't make sense. I'm betting we could look at all the red state "takers" and see where the truth really lies.

The fact is, people go to inaugurations, protests, time shares sales, inspirational speaking occasions, etc, when they are moved by something, either pro or con. The lack of attendance on a relatively moderate-temp day in DC tells me that he's just not popular. Now, were his numbers abysmal? No, I don't think so. I just don't think he got the attendance and adoration that *he* predicted he would get.

But honestly, middle america voted him in and it's a long way to travel. That's about the crux of it. So really, no need to start saying juvenile things that people only stayed away because they have jobs.

23,766 posts, read 29,074,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Domitian View Post
yes,we all knew this would an important topic to rear its head... b/c there is nothing else to talk about right? I'm still waiting on the "OMG Barron Trump looked so bored" thread

it's terrible that you would use this forum to denigrate this developmentally challenged young man

JPD

12,138 posts, read 18,302,470 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post

This has already been debunked repeatedly over the last few pages. Try to keep up.

18,323 posts, read 10,675,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The Carters & Bushs appeared to be very happy to be there.

Why not, everyone likes a good joke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies