Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 01:20 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times

Advertisements

Trump-"we will put Americans to work and off welfare"
Explains the butthurt

Old 01-20-2017, 01:21 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Excuse-making??? Fake News???

I suppose all these and many more documended events of violence against Trump supporters at the inauguration don't fit your pathetic partisan blinders.
TRUMP SUPPORTERS BEATEN-BLOODIED Outside #DeploraBall - Pummeled With Eggs, Batteries! (VIDEO)
That was last night and not today at the inauguration, but who cares about details? In any case, you reap what you sow. Remember the videos of Trump supporters punching protesters and Trump saying he'd pay the legal fees?

Trump has been a hateful, vitriolic all his life and he's about to get it all back in spades.

Last edited by CaseyB; 01-20-2017 at 02:47 PM.. Reason: language

Old 01-20-2017, 01:22 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnsonkk View Post
Yep. Trump's speech continued to thank Americans and reminded everyone that the people are in charge of America. Can anyone imagine Hillary thanking America and dedicating a term in office to the American people? Great closing to the speech to with " making America great again!!".
Well, of course she would have. They all thank the people.

It's Presidential Speech 101.

The whole MAGA thing, though? Nah. America is already great. I never got that campaign slogan, not really.

I mean, yeah... the country always needs work. But, it doesn't lack for greatness. Never has.

I think it was a throwback thing to appeal to Boomers, maybe.

Interesting, as such things go. The psychology of it.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:23 PM

16,579 posts, read 20,712,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Trump-"we will put Americans to work and off welfare"
Explains the butthurt
I'm not butthurt (except by the use of that word, which is so stupid). I'm feeling downright gleeful. Trump has nowhere to run and nowhere to hide now. Let the show begin.

41,110 posts, read 25,740,361 times
I'm from a state that was blue until this election. Thank you to all the congressmen and women, Hillary Clinton and past presidents who and showed up. It showed love of Democracy and class.

34,938 posts, read 36,264,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rakin View Post
I would not be surprised if we see a "Populist" Party grow out of this. Dems are in a world of hurt with hardly anyone stepping forward as a leader. They've gone to far Leftist and no longer represent the working class.

There is a huge void somewhere in the middle. Trump did a good job seeing that need.

Both parties better get more moderate. Maybe putting Americans first is the right path. We can almost no longer take care of ourselves much less the rest of the world.
I completely agree with you there.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:24 PM

8,131 posts, read 4,329,082 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillionmt View Post
Where was the vision? Where was the unity, of "We, the people"? Where was the attempt at bringing into the fold the majority who did not vote for Trump, a majority of 3 million people? Where was any sign of humility?

All we got was a rehashed stump speech, with over the top statements, like violence in inner cities stopping today. Really?

All we got was a dissing of EVERY former President on the podium, whether Republican or Democrat, plus congress.

All we got was bull baiting the rest of the world that they don't matter any more.

Trump will have a lot to learn. Let's hope his actions don't harm America, and that Congress constrains him. There are good people on both sides of the aisle that DO understand what it means to govern for all Americans.

Trump has given no indication he does.

Speech was nothing but a campaign speech!

5,900 posts, read 3,901,723 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
It was a great speech. He campaigned to drain the swamp, and today, he took ALL of them to task for being the turds in the swamp.

Let the draining begin.
If you think Trump is going to drain the swamp, I guess you're not too familiar with his cabinet appointees then?

14,186 posts, read 22,752,558 times
Another possible factor is that nobody threatened violence against Obama supporters, but many people threatened violence against Trump supporters. It's like going to an NFL football game in Kansas City or Minnesota versus Oakland or Philadelphia.

Old 01-20-2017, 01:25 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,126,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Craziaskowboi View Post
Speaking of excuses, what's yours for the fact that 40 out of 50 states moved to the right in 2016 compared to 2012? Or how about the fact that Donald Trump flipped six states in his favor, while Hillary Clinton didn't flip a single state in hers?
Don't bring up facts! You'll have them all rushing to the Kleenex box again.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
If you add in all the protesters that were there but not allowed on the mall then he actually had a good turnout. There were more protesters than supporters they say.
Do you have a link for that? I guess paid protesters didn't get on the clock early enough to get inside.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
It's a little tougher for Trump supporters to attend than Obama supporters.

They have to arrange to take time off work.
You forgot that some don't have a job and could not afford to attend. Others don't earn enough to make enough money to attend. And, lastly, many people could not take the chance that they would be subjected to the violence by the hateful liberals or the hired hateful protesters.

That these liberals measure everything by "size"..............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies