Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Mother`s Day to all Moms!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 08:17 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,749,351 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, we are aware that a very large number of Democrat voters are simply voting in the hopes of getting free stuff.
You're not serious are you? You're joking right?

Old 01-21-2017, 08:19 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Are you advocating celibacy? Your post has nothing to do with this topic. I'm curious since you seem so judgmental of Trump's potential number of sexual partners and divorces.
I guess I am advocating what the Right has based their superiority on for generations. Their rallying cry "I folk only my wife - of whatever age". Mr. Trump has bragged that his "war" was not getting an STD while partying in NYC while others were in Vietnam and elsewhere.

So, can we dispense with ALL the talking points of the right about "family values"? I'm game...but that's what the evangelicals and GOP pols have been standing behind for decades.

I am fairly certain Mr. Trump has abused women - but he paid or scared them to keep quiet. Good chance we'll see it come out soon.

I guess I'm an old fashioned liberal. Till death do us part and all that. Family values. Yeah, I know that went out of style when "Greed is Good" came in.

So let's stop with the BS. Evangelicals, Christians and the like are now fine with 100 sexual partners, draft dodgers, locker room talk and all the other stuff Trump represents. They are 100% fine with talking on a national level about the size of genitals, women's periods and going to the bathroom.

Are we in agreement - and OK - about that all?

Let's not be hypocrites. Churches have turned into Sodom and Gomarrah with their love of this character. They love money and gold bathroom fixtures.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:21 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,707,126 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PedroMartinez View Post
Yes, we are aware that a very large number of Democrat voters are simply voting in the hopes of getting free stuff.
I know a LOT of millionaires who went to the March. I wonder if they are looking for free stuff from The Don?

Old 01-21-2017, 08:22 PM

15,656 posts, read 10,426,606 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
I guess I am advocating what the Right has based their superiority on for generations. Their rallying cry "I folk only my wife - of whatever age". Mr. Trump has bragged that his "war" was not getting an STD while partying in NYC while others were in Vietnam and elsewhere.

So, can we dispense with ALL the talking points of the right about "family values"? I'm game...but that's what the evangelicals and GOP pols have been standing behind for decades.

I am fairly certain Mr. Trump has abused women - but he paid or scared them to keep quiet. Good chance we'll see it come out soon.

I guess I'm an old fashioned liberal. Till death do us part and all that. Family values. Yeah, I know that went out of style when "Greed is Good" came in.

So let's stop with the BS. Evangelicals, Christians and the like are now fine with 100 sexual partners, draft dodgers, locker room talk and all the other stuff Trump represents. They are 100% fine with talking on a national level about the size of genitals, women's periods and going to the bathroom.

Are we in agreement - and OK - about that all?

Let's not be hypocrites. Churches have turned into Sodom and Gomarrah with their love of this character. They love money and gold bathroom fixtures.
You rambled quite a bit and never answered my question.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:23 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,222,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
Who are you to judge my best interests?
And who are you? You started a whole thread about a movement you don't even understand.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that Trump isn't best for anyone, least of all women, who he judges by their looks, cheats on, and claims to grab by the ***** without their consent.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:23 PM

25,456 posts, read 9,849,873 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
This protest is dumb. What rights are women lacking? There are none.
Women want to keep the rights they have and not go backwards 50 years. And they're also advocating for others' equality and rights.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:24 PM

16,912 posts, read 10,618,923 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
This protest is dumb. What rights are women lacking? There are none.
70 pages and I still have not seen a decent answer to this.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:25 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,858,820 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trobesmom View Post
They are protesting the actions of a narcissitic bombastic nincompoop. They are protesting the mysogynistic, racist, divisive rhetoric that has been the flagship of the person and the campaign. They are protesting people being appointed to his cabinet who are the antithesis of the very offices that they are going to be holding. An education secretary who has never taught or held a position in education? An energy secretary who a few years ago wanted to dismantle the department? A man who talks about grabbing women by the pu**y and telling a shock jock that it's okay to call his daughter a piece of a**? What a pervert, talking like that about his own daughter.
Yea, "legalize it" and "free the nipple".

There is no rule stating about cabinet picks. They are approved by Congress, so it is not like Trump has sole power on this.

So what he said those things, I guess it would make everyone happier if he kept it to himself? Bill Clinton thinks of women no better, and even cheated on his wife using his influence over an impressionable intern.

I voted for Hillary, but you anti-Trump people are delusional, and seem to not understand he won the election. Any little thing he does you will find some critique in it. Goodness, there is a damn thread on here critiquing how he signed his damn. I think many of you need professional mental help.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:25 PM

63,919 posts, read 46,828,756 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
I heard Spicer whining and berating the press. We are ONE DAY in and these people have done nothing but cry about the press. How are they going to get through the next 4 years crying about the press daily? Trump was at CIA HQ's and he TOO was WHINING about the press. I have never seen such thin skinned, whiny people in politics in my life, and it's only day one.

This is gonna be entertaining.
Day 1 and what matters to Trump is crowd size.

Fact checkers have blown a hole through it.

How beyond ridiculous that this topic was worthy of a press conference on Day 1, let alone any day.

Buckle up for Mr Toad's Wild Ride.

Old 01-21-2017, 08:27 PM

40,968 posts, read 49,289,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
I hope someone already pointed this out, but this was not a march against Trump. It was a march in favor of many things Trump is against... like equal rights for all. I don't understand how any woman could vote for him. I really don't. If you don't think women, Muslims, Mexicans, and LGBTQ people should have equal rights, then, no, I guess I don't speak for you.
Many voted against unlikable Hillary and there was really only 1 other choice.

Dems need to blame themselves for running such a bad candidate. That's why Trump was elected.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.