Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 09:14 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Which school districts are you referring to? If you're going to say something like that, be specific and back you claims up with your source(s).
Seriously? Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Newark, D.C., New Orleans, Oakland, etc., etc. etc. Do you live in the United States?

Old 01-21-2017, 09:17 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,070 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Seriously? Detroit, Chicago, St. Louis, Cleveland, Pittsburgh, Baltimore, Newark, D.C., New Orleans, Oakland, etc., etc. etc. Do you live in the United States?
And you don't think that i could find an equal number of liberal leaning communities with excellent school systems?
Or find an equal number of conservative / republican communities that also have horrible education?
C'mon.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
He didn't say "non--citizen.' He said he wanted to stop Muslims from entering the country.
Yeah, people who aren't U.S. citizens. If Trump ever talked about keeping U.S. citizens from re-entering the country, show me when, because I doubt that he said it.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
And you don't think that i could find an equal number of liberal leaning communities with excellent school systems?
Or find an equal number of conservative / republican communities that also have horrible education?
C'mon.
Find me a completely Republican-led town that has a worse school system than the Detroit public schools. I double-dog dare you.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:20 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,943,456 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
so tens of thousands of people are being paid in all these states and across the world. yeah, what ever makes you feel better.
I didn't say all, but you're naïve if you think NONE! See below who was a creator of this mess.......you should be so proud!

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridarebel View Post
This protest is dumb. What rights are women lacking? There are none.
Wonder how many women welcomed this woman.......One of the top organizers behind Saturday’s Women’s March, being held in Washington, D.C., was recently spotted at a large Muslim convention in Chicago posing for pictures with an accused financier for Hamas, the terrorist group.
BREAKING: We Just Dug Something HORRIFYING About Women's March Organizer- MSM SILENT

She was also speaking on behalf of all these pussycats......and you people are afraid of President Trump....get a clue!

Old 01-21-2017, 09:24 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Find me a completely Republican-led town that has a worse school system than the Detroit public schools. I double-dog dare you.
Cherry Picking working out well for you?

As you probably know, Red States are dumb last in most ALL matters of education....and first in STD, infant mortality, obesity and other such indicators. This is why blue states have to finance red states (in general) - because stupid and ignorant people don't earn enough to support themselves and their poor schools.

Hint - most of the productivity of this country centers in the places like Silicon Valley, Boston, etc - guess what? They are all super-liberal.

Must be a coincidence. We know jethro on the farm is the really smart guy since he shoots his guns and drinks beer for sport.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:27 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3~Shepherds View Post
I didn't say all, but you're naïve if you think NONE! See below who was a creator of this mess.......you should be so proud!
Heck, with Trump at the top loving Putin it's gonna be tough to call anyone a traitor or a supporter of our enemies. Trump has all by kissed Putin.....and that is probably coming soon.

You've lost any or all moral authority. We know you approve of Putin and multiple trophy wives and adultery and just about every sin on the planet.

It's gonna ring hollow when you try to call out others on their associations.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:28 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
My county went for Trump, even though my state didn't, and there are some very wealthy towns here that I believe went for him.

It wasn't all the downtrodden, poor, uneducated, unemployed whites in the middle of the country, although I think they were a large proportion because no one else has been listening to them.

I also think a large part of the wealthier votes for him, especially in my area where people have been watching Trump's antics in the local news for decades and knew exactly what they were getting, were votes against Hillary Clinton. She just wasn't that popular in many circles, and it had nothing to do with Oh, the emails, and Oh, Benghazi, or any of the other rhetoric. Many people simply said they just can't stand her. I heard that over and over. Hell, I SAID it. (Voted for neither of them.)

It amazes me the number of CD posters who think they are owed a footnoted term paper or dissertation as to why someone doesn't support Hillary (which they feel is impossible to provide), and if the person they are replying to isn't willing to try to provide that, then they demonize the person (even if the person isn't a Trump supporter) as someone who (even if none of this is true) has fallen for right-wing BS/is gullible/listens only to Fox News/is Alt-Right/quotes Breitbart/etc./or any combination of this. For some it is either total agreement, or you must be a right-wing, knuckle dragging, mouth breathing, Neanderthal.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Cherry Picking working out well for you?

As you probably know, Red States are dumb last in most ALL matters of education....and first in STD, infant mortality, obesity and other such indicators. This is why blue states have to finance red states (in general) - because stupid and ignorant people don't earn enough to support themselves and their poor schools.

Hint - most of the productivity of this country centers in the places like Silicon Valley, Boston, etc - guess what? They are all super-liberal.

Must be a coincidence. We know jethro on the farm is the really smart guy since he shoots his guns and drinks beer for sport.
This is an irrelevant, illogical mess. I said that the worst school systems in the country are found in Democrat-run cities. Nothing that you wrote here refutes that statement. You don't sound like you did very well in school yourself.

Old 01-21-2017, 09:37 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,070 times
To whoever repped me by saying, "i've yet to met a politician who didn't lie" ... yes true. But there's a difference between the lies that fly about in the political arena and a pathological liar like trump. It's speaks of an imbalanced and disturbed mind to say the least. So it's different which is not to say i'm defending any lies of any politicians. But it's different.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies