Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 02:15 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by middle-aged mom View Post
Day 1 and what matters to Trump is crowd size.

Fact checkers have blown a hole through it.

How beyond ridiculous that this topic was worthy of a press conference on Day 1, let alone any day.

Buckle up for Mr Toad's Wild Ride.
They played a little snippet from the press conference on the news on the radio in my car. Spicer babbling something about the turnstile totals from the Metro showing that the turnout was much higher than reported . I agree with you.... beyond ridiculous.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:25 AM

800 posts, read 508,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phyxius View Post
Those are effeminate men.
Which is about 70% of liberal men. And I'm not even referring to gays, I have no problem with them.

These guys are lucky they weren't born in an earlier more savage place and time. They would have been really bad at repelling invaders from the next kingdom over. Instead of promptly swinging their sword and chopping an enemy's head off, they would have hidden shaking with fear under their wive's dress as their village burns and his poor daughters are raped.

Of course, neoliberalism in it's current form wouldn't have been taught or even tolerated in any such society, for good reason.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:28 AM

17,183 posts, read 22,926,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blanker View Post
Glad to hear the ladies got that out of their systems. Now they can go back home to their men and catch up on the baking and laundry.
Wrong.

We will take a leaf out of the tea party's book. We will call our Senators and Representatives to show our displeasure when they decide to vote against civil rights - including the rights of women, but not limited to those rights. We will have a local strategy that targets our individual members of congress and a defensive approach focused on stopping Trump from implementing the agenda built on racism, authoritarianism and corruption.

Members of Congress want constituents to think well of them and they want good local press so that they can be re-elected. We can use this to make them listen and act. We can use the local town halls, local photo-ops, district meetings with the member and co-ordinated calls on the issues to get action from Congress.

Believe me this is already being done.

Aside from that many of us are putting our money where our mouths are. Donations to the ACLU, the NAACP, Planned Parenthood, the Southern Poverty Law Center and other groups that are fighting to keep us free are up already and will continue to climb in the coming months. For the next two years, we will continue to fight. This march is only the beginning.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:31 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Wrong.

Members of Congress want constituents to think well of them and they want good local press so that they can be re-elected. We can use this to make them listen and act. We can use the local town halls, local photo-ops, district meetings with the member and co-ordinated calls on the issues to get action from Congress.

Believe me this is already being done....
Wrong...

Members of Congress want to be re-elected. They will be listening to the ones who voted them into power. If these women had any, which suggests they are an extremely small minority of the voting public, the Congress would still be in the Democrats hands.

This speaks for itself.

Old 01-22-2017, 02:51 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Default WoW!!! Look at all the Trash the PussyHats left Behind.

Of course it will be blue collar men who will be cleaning up the mess.

Don't these women claim to be for the environment?

http://oi66.tinypic.com/20acw3p.jpg

Source

Old 01-22-2017, 02:59 AM

18,773 posts, read 18,150,486 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Wrong...

Members of Congress want to be re-elected. They will be listening to the ones who voted them into power. If these women had any, which suggests they are an extremely small minority of the voting public, the Congress would still be in the Democrats hands.

This speaks for itself.
I think it would be interesting to find out the vocation of the protestors. Did they do any surveys? I wonder how many were teachers or civil servants? I wonder how many don't work for a living?

What I saw the last few days were many hypocrites. You bring your daughters out to protest against the Trump language and you listen to Madonna! Some were afraid that Trump would destroy the economy so they smashed store windows. Some were afraid that Trump would hurt the environment so they burned cars and plastic garbage cans! What I saw were many that told us: Do as I say; not as I do!

Many of the protestors did not vote - did anybody do a survey on that? Even though we pride ourselves as a Nation of free speech; there is something about people protesting that did not participate. To me; they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Let's talk about that point for a minute. Americans, all Americans, even Democrats, dislike the way other countries violate human rights. The Democrats have been very vigilant about trying to force other countries to think differently about how they treat their citizens. HOWEVER, we have to accept that not all countries have the same views as we do.
But Hillary didn't have to accept money into her foundation from those countries.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:14 AM

38,644 posts, read 26,389,506 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
Of course it will be blue collar men who will be cleaning up the mess.

Don't these women claim to be for the environment?

http://oi66.tinypic.com/20acw3p.jpg

Source

I guess you have to be a racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, xenophobe to pick your own trash.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:17 AM

11,800 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nana053 View Post
Wrong.

We will take a leaf out of the tea party's book. We will call our Senators and Representatives to show our displeasure when they decide to vote against civil rights - including the rights of women, but not limited to those rights. We will have a local strategy that targets our individual members of congress and a defensive approach focused on stopping Trump from implementing the agenda built on racism, authoritarianism and corruption.

Believe me this is already being done.

Aside from that many of us are putting our money where our mouths are. Donations to the ACLU, the NAACP, Planned Parenthood, the Southern Poverty Law Center and other groups that are fighting to keep us free are up already and will continue to climb in the coming months. For the next two years, we will continue to fight. This march is only the beginning.
Great with all the donations pouring in then I won't have to fund them with my taxes anymore! Please keep drinking the kool aid.

Old 01-22-2017, 03:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, when I heard Trump saying things about God and the bible in his speech yesterday, I almost expected a lightning bolt to come down and hit him on top of his head ! It was painful to see such a Godless man suddenly quoting scripture !
LOL.

I wondered something similar when he said 'Two Corinthians' during the campaign.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies