Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-21-2017, 10:05 PM

5,097 posts, read 2,316,121 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalie469 View Post
Oh please, stop with the fake news. The fact is, there has never been a protest like this. So you have to somehow find a way to diminish and belittle it. It's not going to work though. One million people marched against the policies of Trump. Sorry if you have a problem with it.
Which policies of Trump?

Old 01-21-2017, 10:08 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,332,449 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
wow, way to fail comprehension ...

when billy boy took over the dems he shifted them to the center, just look it up. It won't actually hurt you.

you are simply assuming that anyone who is not extreme right wing (alt whites, hardcore GOP, tea party) is somehow "left".
But the only reason you think that is because you are so far right that everything looks leftist to you.

did you know that the right wing parties in the EU all support full public healthcare? Did you know most extreme right groups support abortion, or a woman's right to choose...

the truth is the only thing they agree with you hard right dudes is that they don't like people who don't look and sound like them. racism is your real common bond.. that is it my friend..

Yes. I posted the exact thing about right wing parties in Europe hours before you, you just arent paying attention to whats happening all over the west and are too provincial like most American leftists

http://www.city-data.com/forum/polit...l#post46910995

"I am a trump voter ,a nationalist and right wing, but on social issues I am pro choice/ pro workers rights and environmentalist like alot of alt right people. I just hate how the left has hijacked these issues and the far left has taken over the Democrat party

Why does every environmental and pro choice/ pro worker person mean that you have to be grouped in with the whole black lives matter/anti white//pro islamic/ multicultural open border/ feminist/ globalist special interest groups that control the Democrat party?

These men hating hating feminists and celebrity idiots, black lives matters/ anti white radicals and riots, pro / islamic and multiculturalist , globalist open border types etc absolutely destroyed the democratic party nation wide.

This is the feminist/black/multiculturalist far left gift to the republican party

1-The Presidency

2-The Senate

3-The House

4-Majority of Governorships

5-Majority of State Legislatures

6-At least a generation of a conservative SCOTUS

Most right wing nationalist european groups are liberal on certain social issues like environmentalism and choice but they are anti -feminist/anti-multiculturalist (crime and terrorism) and against open border globalism

It is the far left the black lives matter/anti white//pro islamic/ multicultural open border/ feminist/ globalist special interest groups that control the Democrat party

Old 01-21-2017, 10:14 PM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mightyqueen801 View Post
I think there's that on both sides of the two major parties. Assumptions and stupid, simplistic accusations. Those conversations go nowhere, and I won't engage in them.

For some of us, this was a very tough election. We had two people we didn't like in the major parties. I was still not sure what I was going to do right up to the morning of Election Day, and in the end, I went with my conscience and did a write-in. Yes, spare me the "you threw away your vote!" song. I knew NJ would go for Hillary. I just didn't go for Hillary. And I couldn't vote for Trump. I just couldn't.

He's in now, and the only thing I am hoping is that he does do something about the economy for the people in this country who are not working and need jobs brought back to their areas. I am also glad that these women marched today and sent the message that they aren't going to be putting up with any bs. It doesn't matter if Trump laughs at them or not or dismisses them out of hand. He can't function without Congress, and Congress's first and foremost priority is to remain in their jobs. They saw today what so many of their constituents think and that they aren't going to go away. It was a worthwhile effort, and I salute and thank them for the sake of my daughter.
I'm an Independent, living in Texas, who didn't vote for Trump....no 'threw away your vote song' coming from me.

IMO, the lopsidedness of the type of post I quoted outnumbering similar ones on the other side of that particular issue is like an avalanche, but of course to each his or her own on that .

Old 01-21-2017, 10:17 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,294,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
These men hating hating feminists and celebrity idiots, black lives matters/ anti white radicals and riots, pro / islamic and multiculturalist , globalist open border types etc absolutely destroyed the democratic party nation wide.
That's just BS, there is no 'man hating' going on. If any normal Republican had been elected, George Bush, John Kasich, Marco Rubio there would not have been any demonstrations today. Trump is a thin skinned narcissist, he has less self control than my four year old grandson and I will proudly demonstrate against him until just maybe he pays attention and puts his big boy pants on. Trump supporters who care about this Nation should be sending him the same message as the rest of us are: Grow the F up and start acting like a President.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:18 PM

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
Which policies of Trump?
Repealing Obamacare without a replacement. Wanting to overturn R v W. Defunding planned parenthood. But let's talk about his cabinet nominees....bankers and millionaires....Betsy Devos for one. She is against public schools and in favor of charter schools. My problem with her is that she wants our tax dollars to pay for some to go to religious schools. Why do any of us need to pay for religious schools for someone else's child. Plus she wants to dollars away from public schools.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:25 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,529,215 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fat lou View Post
So people who voted for Trump will decide that they don't like Trump because......some fools who they probably don't like to begin with joined a useless protest against Trump? I don't get it.
No you don't.

Old 01-21-2017, 10:27 PM

9,725 posts, read 14,269,161 times
All this trivia is very confusing. Now, exactly, what is it these women are protesting? Do they even know? Have they nothing more productive to do? Do they want another President, even though Trump was just elected by a landslide? Do they want babies killed? Do they want to switch rolls with their husband, if by any chance, they have one? Or, are they just wanting to protest "something" ??? I'm reading all kinds of reasons for this women's march. Maybe they just want to be another Helen Reddy. ???

Last edited by rdlr; 01-21-2017 at 10:36 PM..

Old 01-21-2017, 10:32 PM

4,136 posts, read 2,840,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark Park View Post
Well ... according to THE CHARLOTTE OBSERVER

there were 10,000.

The Charlotte Observer posted aerial photos showing crowds blocks long to underscore the point.

Here in Philadelphia we had 50,000+ on a chilly gray day.
Hey, slow down now, it's very easy to mistake 10,000 people for 40, happens all the time...

32,071 posts, read 15,072,790 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdlr View Post
All this trivia is very confusing. Now, exactly, what is it these women are protesting? Do they even know? Have they nothing more productive to do?
Don't worry about it, since you have no clue. Why does anyone here have to explain it to you.

8,840 posts, read 4,807,524 times
I marched in DC today. It was amazing. Very positive, lots of great signs. Mostly women, but plenty of men too. There were so may more than what was permitted for(permit was for 200K; I've seen estimates of anywhere from 500K - 1M actual) that we couldn't do the planned route, but we were seen and heard and made it work. Tons of cheering and positive energy - thank you DC!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies