Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 03:31 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jade408 View Post
Condemning Madonna for her sex life is no different than condemning Melania for her nude photos. Just want to point out hypocrisy is a two way street.
I don't think Melania was willing to give out blowjobs to any man who voted. Has nothing to due with Madonna's sex life and has everything to due with her grotesque behavior upon anyone who doesn't think like her. Her music was never good, just good to dance to......when she got to old for pop music she turned it into hate.......this is not being creative or inventive.

I for one don't see anything wrong with a woman's body, do you? Or is it this woman, because you hate the man she is attached to? My guess, if Melania knew she would someday be the First Lady of America she may have done things differently. We shall never know so why dwell on something that can't be changed, unless, some people really have issues with naked women.

People in their 20's are allowed to make mistakes, correct them if they can and move on. Almost 60 yr old women should have already established a security that they can share with others.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 03:55 PM

17,468 posts, read 12,945,348 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Madonna didn't do anything but show up and shoot her potty mouth off.
She wasn't an organizer, and she wasn't the voice of all the women who marched by a long shot.

The woman you need to think about is the lady next door. The one who sat down with some pink yarn and spent many hours knitting a cap for herself, her sisters and daughters, and some spares to hand out at the march.

Every hour spent with those knitting needles was time the lady next door spent thinking about the damage Trump has said he would do to women's rights.

I'm pretty sure the lady next door is no Madonna. More likely, she's a lot like you. She doesn't listen to celebrities any more than you do, isn't any smarter (or dumber) than you are, or has her hair dyed green.

She's the face of the 21st century woman, just like yours is.
You may be content with going back to the past, a time when no woman could get the same pay a man got, or was forced into bearing an unwanted child and forced to nurture it for life afterward, but she isn't.

After her knitting was done, the lady next door bought a ticket to D.C. and went marching. That march was both a display and a warning to those who want to reverse all the women's rights issues that have been accomplished over the past 8 years.

The lady next door doesn't care if you disagree with her. Neither do the hundreds of thousands of other women and girls who marched al over the nation and all over the world yesterday. They aren't going to allow a return to the past, period.

This is something you should think about, as everything they marched for affects you and your sisters and daughters too. Just as much as it affects them.
Sorry Mike, but you are one of the old problems. You see society going backwards while many of us see it going forward. These women are complaining about birth control and abortions.......have they even thought about using the birth control? How many of these women have had abortions and do they know what it is like to go through one? Why is birth control not being pushed more than abortion? A month supply of birth control pills is less than 30 days of Starbucks coffee. Buy a diaphragm and the cost is cheaper......so please tell us what is the problem here?

Why is it these women are not standing with stopping partial birth abortion......this is what the right is asking to be stopped, why would you and these ladies be against this?

I have talked to many women and I have asked on C-D about women being paid equally. Funny thing, none of the people on here will answer my question and those around me have said this is not a problem for them. Low wages is a problem for men and women.....anyone want to explain why this is a problem, or is it fake outrage.

That lady next door that you described, who marched does care if I disagree with her.......Madeline Albright told us there was a special place for those who don't support women.....how is this agreeing to disagree? Those women have called women who support President Trump nasty stuff.......they are not standing with ALL women or are they a voice for most of us.

My guess those hats were made in Canada, but your story was so warm and sweet. You make it sound like a grandma fulfilling her youth by the fire, while knitting pink hats for women to have a voice, because some mean man is going to take their rights away.

https://www.amazon.com/Crochet-Pink-.../dp/B01MR6AY8O

Crochet in Mississauga, Canada. If planning to order the pink ones at this time they're unavailable! So much for made in America, by the woman next door.

Last edited by wildflower82; 01-22-2017 at 04:16 PM..

Old 01-22-2017, 03:56 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
You seem to think there was just that one consensual affair when in actuality he is a predator. Not replaying it, you brought it up.
No, I don't. I knew all about them all. At least, all that were alleged, and discussed to beaten pulp, over and over, for the past 25 years.

And I didn't bring up the Clintons, dear. You did.

I didn't think I would be making another reply to your stuck record, either.

I guess some folks just can't lift the needle of the old record that plays the past, though.

Once more, what was the point of bringing up the Clintons anyway? Tit for Tat?
What did that ever accomplish for anyone?

Old 01-22-2017, 03:59 PM

9,726 posts, read 14,271,125 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
After one day in the White House, Trump is responsible for more fat women getting exercise than Obama in the past 8 years.
Lol !!! I like the way you cut to the chase!

Old 01-22-2017, 04:17 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,867 times
#womensmarch co-chair: sharia law is 'reasonable', 'makes lot of sense'

Ya add her to the list.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:18 PM

11,162 posts, read 7,971,833 times
I am not so sure that wearing a faux vagina on my head or dressing myself in a complete vagina costume... is a great way to get people to take me seriously. .... just sayin.
I had no issues with my sisters marching in peaceful protest, but the hats and costumes made us look kind of silly. I also don't think that Madonna ... who offered to give any man who voted for Hillary a BJ and said something about blowing up the WH or Miley Cyrus... who flaunts her body and let's her fans grope her genitals while performing are the right people
to represent us ( women) at such an event. Seriously... are these two examples that we women should look up to and listen to? Are these the people we want influencing our young women ... and speaking for the rest of us. Are these the women we want to represent us
(Whether we agree or not) on important issues in regards to abortion and equal rights? (no matter what side of the aisle we are on.) The Turn out was great.. I like to see women standing up for what they believe, but these two IMO blurred the message that the marchers and organizers were trying to get across. How can one talk and act in a manner that lends itself to objectifying ( offering BJ's and walking around on stage half naked) women, and then turning around and complain about how we are treated?

Old 01-22-2017, 04:19 PM

7,736 posts, read 4,992,527 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
She needed it otherwise?
Nope not in the 21st century.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:23 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,702,366 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibbiekat View Post
Madonna was 1 person at 1 march. Why would you allow 1 person out of 5 million to taint your view of the whole thing? "dumb dumbs?" really? This has to be the weakest post I've seen on this subject yet.

Not really. Those women marching were doing so, only because they are having a giant tantrum. They are angry about some inappropriate words a man used to talk about women (bragadocio, but I doubt anything he really actually did). Now, if they were marching for a true women's problem, that would be a different story. Many of those women had food to eat, clothes to wear, cars to drive, didn't have to worry about having armies shooting at them and bombing their suburban or urban homes, they actually had roads to walk on that weren't covered in land mines and IED's.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:23 PM

1,722 posts, read 1,744,435 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by I love boots. View Post
Don't you get it?! It has nothing to do with these individuals that you find fault with / hate.
Duh!
I can just see you at your computer eyes wide, frothing at the mouth, grooving on your desperate need to belittle the millions of women and men who are protesting .... feverishly and with gleeful agitation looking for all the bad s*** you can find on the various famous individuals who are involved with this movement so that you can deny and negate what's really going on.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:24 PM

2,181 posts, read 1,629,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney123 View Post
I am not so sure that wearing a faux vagina on my head or dressing myself in a complete vagina costume... is a great way to get people to take me seriously. .... just sayin.
I had no issues with my sisters marching in peaceful protest, but the hats and costumes made us look kind of silly. I also don't think that Madonna ... who offered to give any man who voted for Hillary a BJ and said something about blowing up the WH or Miley Cyrus... who flaunts her body and let's her fans grope her genitals while performing are the right people
to represent us ( women) at such an event. Seriously... are these two examples that we women should look up to and listen to? Are these the people we want influencing our young women ... and speaking for the rest of us. Are these the women we want to represent us
(Whether we agree or not) on important issues in regards to abortion and equal rights? (no matter what side of the aisle we are on.) The Turn out was great.. I like to see women standing up for what they believe, but these two IMO blurred the message that the marchers and organizers were trying to get across. How can one talk and act in a manner that lends itself to objectifying ( offering BJ's and walking around on stage half naked) women, and then turning around and complain about how we are treated?
Yes. Why are these idiots front and center. It makes it look like there aren't any smart women. I don't know. Maybe the smart women were doing something else that day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies