Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-22-2017, 04:24 PM

79,914 posts, read 44,174,531 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmyp25 View Post
Nope not in the 21st century.
So there was no need to even mention it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-22-2017, 04:27 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,627,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blueskywalker View Post
Don't you get it?! It has nothing to do with these individuals that you find fault with / hate.
Duh!
I can just see you at your computer eyes wide, frothing at the mouth, grooving on your desperate need to belittle the millions of women and men who are protesting .... feverishly and with gleeful agitation looking for all the bad s*** you can find on the various famous individuals who are involved with this movement so that you can deny and negate what's really going on.
They are there and the ones doing it. It has everything to do with them.

Yes I am having fun here I will admit it. I see what is really going on. There are thousands of stupid people in the streets doing and saying stupid things.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:27 PM

9,249 posts, read 26,687,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Well, I'm glad you exposed who you really are.

SNL Writers now have the same responsibility as the POTUS? Amazing.

And you approve of abuse.

Great - as I said, you really should head back to FB where you can pretend that you are someone who you are not. I wish you good luck.

BTW, I've been close to Trumps orbit for decades - owned property in Atlantic City and nearby. He took all our money (taxpayers) plus that of investors and bondholders and left a ghost town.

Sometimes history means something. What you see is what you get. You should believe one of two possible outcomes.

1. The country is screwed.
or
2. Every American will be using gold plated toilets.

Pick one which is most likely to come true based on economics and common sense.

And, yeah, you have the 100% right to "not like" the women or the protest. The problem today is everyone thinks they need to spout their venom. Maybe you want to collect a participation trophy, a made-in-china red hat and a juice box?

I'll gladly donate if you don't start any more threads.
Yes, they do have the same responsibility as the POTUS. Know why? Because the President is just a man. The SNL writer is as well. If people used common sense, they would know that if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say it at all. Yes, comedians do have leeway to be uncouth, because homestly, much of the time, there is a grain of truth to it. However, Baron is just a kid. I think adults should know better than to make hits at kids that are cruel. If other Children of past Presidents were off limits, then Trumps minor aged son needs to be as well. Now, if they want to jab at the adult children, go for it.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:32 PM

Quote:
What's "dumb" is to focus on the celebrities and and fail to look and see the big picture .... the millions of people (women and men) all over the country and the world who see and say "no" to trump and his agenda.
The celebrities are a infinitesimal percentage of those who rallied and marched. It's silly and "dumb" to even focus on them.
What an awful agenda. Trying to keep business here so people who want to work have jobs, putting healthcare back in the hands of patients and not bureaucrats, having people become legal citizens so that they aren't taken advantage of, giving inner city families school choice, trying to ease crime in hard hit areas. Whatever will we do if those things happen??!! Quick, someone call a Whaaambulance!

Old 01-22-2017, 04:32 PM

82 posts, read 65,286 times
I have several questions for Women who identify with the modern feminist movement. First of all about this womens march the only thing about it i can agree/be comprehensive about is the women who did it because of the Planned Parenthood issue special the right for birth control (in this case free birth control?). However that is not exactly a problem with Trump i think it would be more an issue with the Republican party. Now apart from that some questions.

How do you feel being represented in a movement that should promote "empowerement" (whatever that means to liberals nowadays) and decency for women by someone like Madonna who promises blowjobs for people who vote for their candidate and wants to blow the white house? In what way is this "empowering". How does this promote peace?

Why do modern feminists (or people who identify in any way with the movement) are revolted with a man by saying something like "grab them by the *****" in a locker room talk but then say nothing about the growing number of rape and sexual harassment on underage women that are happening by groups of refugees in countries like France, Germany, Sweden, Canada and even the US?

Why are modern feminists/liberals (or people who identify in any way with the movement) the first to "make excuses" and forgive muslim people from their bad "behaviour" when, without even mentioning radical islamic terrorist attacks, for example 1/4 of british/french muslims, MODERATED muslims, want the implementation of sharia law on countries that welcome them, saying that it is more important than the constitution, and half think homossexuality should be banned? People that defend things like women shouldn´t leave home without a men, a woman witness is considered half the worth and reliability than a man witness, and LGBT/woman who commit adultery should be stoned?

Why are modern feminists (or people who identify in any way with the movement) wasting their energies with their activism on opposing so fiercily someone by saying rude things but doing nothing to help the women who are actually being oppresed, discriminated and worse?

Why do modern feminists criticize and classify men (just for voting Trump) as likely misogynistic but then give a pass to most mainstream rappers objectifying women and treat them like they are a trophy, like a car, or other object of value?

Why are liberals and modern feminists so much against the notion that nowadays in the 21th century in the United States a women who does as good a job as a men can be as successfull but ONLY if they do as much of a good job? Why are they against real equality and MERITOCRACY?

Why are liberals and modern feminists (this one is more for liberals) claiming to be the ones who want peace and be constantly responsible for violence? Why are not willing to admit that someone who has a different opinion/ideology of you can be right? Don´t you think it is time to assume responsabilities, be mature and try to understand why more then 60 million people voted for Trump? That maybe its time to find some common ground? Have an open mind and try to learn something from this experience?

Old 01-22-2017, 04:33 PM

10,226 posts, read 7,576,434 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by saltine View Post
Nice mess they left behind too. Good job. Proud leftists and thier filth.
Shall we repeat some of the things that Trump (someone running for the highest office in the land, a supposedly dignified office) said?

Let's stroll down memory lane, shall we?

"I grab her by the p__sy...."
"F__" (at a public rally)
"F__" (at another public rally)
"F___" (at yet another public rally)
"Fat slob"
"Miss Housekeeping" (calling an ordinary person with no power a derogatory name)
Making fun (before the nation, at a public rally) of a disabled person, by imitating his short misshapen arms and hands, and speaking with slurred speech. (I don't think MaDonna would ever do such a thing)

So let's get our priorities straight. Making fun of a disabled person FAR outweighs what MaDonna has said, as far as filth and disgusting behavior. And he, not MaDonna, was asking to be the leader of the United States, a dignified office.

Well, no one with any sense of dignity or understanding of what it means to be American or in a civilized society voted for such a person. In that regard, MaDonna has it all over the Trumpers. Since they, not she, made it okay for a national leader to make fun of someone who is disabled. Made it okay for our leader to brag about molesting women.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:34 PM

Quote:
What's "dumb" is to focus on the celebrities and and fail to look and see the big picture .... the millions of people (women and men) all over the country and the world who see and say "no" to trump and his agenda.
The celebrities are a infinitesimal percentage of those who rallied and marched. It's silly and "dumb" to even focus on them.
What's dumb is to ignore that there are millions of others who DID see and said YES to Trump and his agenda. This is where the Democrats got it wrong, and will get it wrong again if these big hissy fits keep happening.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:35 PM

24,873 posts, read 36,158,091 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AnywhereElse View Post
Looking at them, they would be angry about something anyway. I consider them an embarrassment to female citizens of the US. If they had a life, they would be doing something worthwhile. I said to my husband, "Really, I don't think they need to worry about abortion, who would touch that?"

Trump is pro-life. He'll get a chance to nominate a pro-life Supreme Court Justice which I am sure will be done. Trump explained more than once how he came to see the light when it came to taking the life of a baby.

I totally ignored. I know all they do is whine about abortion. "Women's health issues"? Definition? Ending the life of a child. Yeah, I want nothing to do with that. I don't want to see them or hear them.

As a female military veteran and the mother of an adult son with developmental disabilities, I voted for Trump.

We all know what a joke these women are that are still whining over it being "time" and Hillary getting kicked to the curb again.

Only ones crying and making things up are the bitter liberals. Who are "racist anti women buddies" anyway? Trump scored a lot of votes coming from women, remember, he wasn't supposed to get the majority now was he. Most women are not focused on abortion or it being "time", but on our nation as a whole.

I wish they would just crawl back under their rock. I hope most understand that this is a small minority of our women who are in general angry all the time because their lives suck due to who they are, not who is POTUS.

I bet they were mad before. I still say they are women that are bitter about their lives and just looking for something to whine or fight about to blame someone else for what is the life they have made for themselves.

Intelligent women realize the state of our nation, and voted accordingly. They did not let a statement of any kind here or there stand in the way of making an intelligent decision to vote for Trump. Hillary is liar, a cheat and a criminal, surely your wife couldn't vote for that!

As a female veteran and mother of an adult son with developmental disabilities, I voted for Trump. No person with a conscience or sense of fairness could have voted for Hillary Clinton. Any woman that voted for her........... Hillary lies were worse. Trump did not mock someone because of their disability. I am glad that Trump has established a good relationship with Putin since it will take an alliance with other world leaders to defeat ISIS, and the Cold War with Russia is over. An intelligent person would have figured out that the whole Putin/Russia thing was a smokescreen for the sins and crimes of Hillary Clinton. Thank God, they didn't start a war over it to divert attention!

Women have come so far in our country, yet this current behavior is setting them back. Voting for Hillary, the crook, because it was "time". Voting for a candidate that supports pulling a baby into the birth canal even in the 9th month and ending its life........... "You've come a long way baby" and it isn't pretty.
Are you aware that Trump's education sec. Nominee was unaware that special ed services are required by federal law, and said she wanted to leave it up to the states?

Old 01-22-2017, 04:36 PM

Quote:
OMG. It's not just about abortion!
To hear it from most of these women, that's at the top of their list.

Old 01-22-2017, 04:37 PM

2,182 posts, read 1,627,160 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geofan View Post
I have several questions for Women who identify with the modern feminist movement. First of all about this womens march the only thing about it i can agree/be comprehensive about is the women who did it because of the Planned Parenthood issue special the right for birth control (in this case free birth control?). However that is not exactly a problem with Trump i think it would be more an issue with the Republican party. Now apart from that some questions.

How do you feel being represented in a movement that should promote "empowerement" (whatever that means to liberals nowadays) and decency for women by someone like Madonna who promises blowjobs for people who vote for their candidate and wants to blow the white house? In what way is this "empowering". How does this promote peace?

Why do modern feminists (or people who identify in any way with the movement) are revolted with a man by saying something like "grab them by the *****" in a locker room talk but then say nothing about the growing number of rape and sexual harassment on underage women that are happening by groups of refugees in countries like France, Germany, Sweden, Canada and even the US?

Why are modern feminists/liberals (or people who identify in any way with the movement) the first to "make excuses" and forgive muslim people from their bad "behaviour" when, without even mentioning radical islamic terrorist attacks, for example 1/4 of british/french muslims, MODERATED muslims, want the implementation of sharia law on countries that welcome them, saying that it is more important than the constitution, and half think homossexuality should be banned? People that defend things like women shouldn´t leave home without a men, a woman witness is considered half the worth and reliability than a man witness, and LGBT/woman who commit adultery should be stoned?

Why are modern feminists (or people who identify in any way with the movement) wasting their energies with their activism on opposing so fiercily someone by saying rude things but doing nothing to help the women who are actually being oppresed, discriminated and worse?

Why do modern feminists criticize and classify men (just for voting Trump) as likely misogynistic but then give a pass to most mainstream rappers objectifying women and treat them like they are a trophy, like a car, or other object of value?

Why are liberals and modern feminists so much against the notion that nowadays in the 21th century in the United States a women who does as good a job as a men can be as successfull but ONLY if they do as much of a good job? Why are they against real equality and MERITOCRACY?

Why are liberals and modern feminists (this one is more for liberals) claiming to be the ones who want peace and be constantly responsible for violence? Why are not willing to admit that someone who has a different opinion/ideology of you can be right? Don´t you think it is time to assume responsabilities, be mature and try to understand why more then 60 million people voted for Trump? That maybe its time to find some common ground? Have an open mind and try to learn something from this experience?
I think too many on here don't have the attention span long enough to read this great post, but please try.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies