Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 03:07 PM

67,650 posts, read 60,959,349 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Finn_Jarber View Post
How would you know?
Common sense.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 03:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Yes, maybe Rosa Ortega, but not Rosa Maria Ortega, which the OPs link says her name is.....sorry, but you have failed, and I'm not a "linked in" member, so what you linked to, is useless unless your a member...
And I hate LinkedIn so I'm not signing in - every time I sign in I get inundated with stuff from them. No thanks.

Can't find a single article that states any work that this woman with a sixth grade education has ever done.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:10 PM

34,279 posts, read 19,380,515 times
8 years? For something that at least from the outside looks like it could be an accident? Thats insane.

If I was a citizen there I would be upset about paying for her incarceration! Just deport her! What insanity.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:11 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluesjuke View Post
She had more than one reason?

What do you think an illegal vote does?
The woman voted Republican in a red state. But by all means, sentence this woman who was brought here as a child, only had a sixth grade education and voted Republican in a red state to eight years in prison. At least it shows other Hispanic voters in Texas what Republicans think of them. When has anyone ever been sentenced to eight years in prison for such a thing?

Old 02-12-2017, 03:19 PM

She won't serve 8 years.

She just needs to be deported.

Let's see - brought here as a baby, sixth grade education, four kids, no husband, no mention of a job in ANY article I can find...not the sort of immigrant that tends to give back to the community.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:19 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
Common sense.
No, it is not. You are making a wild guess, and you were shown there are hundreds of work related entries for that name, which contradicts your earlier comment 100%. You did not look, you assumed.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:22 PM

Quote:
No, it is not. You are making a wild guess, and you were shown there are hundreds of work related entries for that name, which contradicts your earlier comment 100%.
That is not the same woman. You and I both know it. Don't be obtuse.

I actually did sign in to LinkedIn to peruse the profiles you posted. Not the same woman. Clearly. And no, I didn't go through every single profile, but I seriously doubt that a woman with a sixth grade education is an HR director, or a Quality Analyst, or an accountant.

Also, I couldn't find a single news article which even mentioned a single job or one shred of work history for her. Can you? No more LinkedIn links, please - total waste of time.

She can barely even speak English.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:49 PM

76,971 posts, read 47,651,295 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
That is not the same woman. You and I both know it. Don't be obtuse.

I actually did sign in to LinkedIn to peruse the profiles you posted. Not the same woman. Clearly.
So, you investigated 650 profiles with that name in 5 minutes and concluded none of them is this woman

Do you find it hard to admit you have no clue what she has done for living? You don't know the person, and yet you insist on saying she has not worked.

You not finding "an article" about her work record means nothing. I have worked all my life, and no one has written any articles about my career, and the same applies to pretty much every person in this country.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:50 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,720,265 times
Quote:
So, you investigated 650 profiles with that name in 5 minutes and concluded none of them is this woman

Do you find it hard to admit you have no clue what she has done for living? You don't know the person, and yet you insist on saying she has not worked.

You not finding "an article" about her work record means nothing. I have worked all my life, and no one has written any articles about my career, and the same applies to pretty much every person in this country.
Exactly. That she is not on LinkedIn does not mean she doesn't work as a waitress. LinkedIn is mostly corporate.

Old 02-12-2017, 03:51 PM

2,956 posts, read 2,344,411 times
Question is, what would of been the charge for the white guy from Canada that did this? What would of been the punishment?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies