Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2017, 06:35 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
You are aware they found a way in right?
You are also aware of that brand new NSA building in Utah that holds Zeytabytes of data right? Why the need for so much space?
That still doesn't mean they're listening to your phone calls or watching you undress in your bedroom!

I thought everyone was so concerned about foreigners that they were happy to pay billions to build a wall that won't do a damn thing to keep us safe. So now they're freaking out because our INTELLIGENCE agencies have high tech spying equipment to monitor cyber warfare?

Guess y'all must be doing a lot of nasty stuff to be so worried. Believe me, most of us aren't that important. Our lives are actually pretty boring, which might be one reason stories like this one get so much attention.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2017, 06:42 PM

2,727 posts, read 2,834,646 times
If anyone wants to Go down a crazy rabbit hole, look up Michael Hastings. He was a buzzfeed and rolling stone reporter that wrote the story on General Mccrystal. He later became very outspoken about the Obama admin and big govt spying, NSA, etc. He died in a rather mysterious single car crash in 2013 in which his car was sighted going wildly out of control at high rates of speed. His car was a Mercedes C230, which perhaps could have been hacked.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:45 PM

13 posts, read 8,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeymags View Post
If anyone wants to Go down a crazy rabbit hole, look up Michael Hastings. He was a buzzfeed and rolling stone reporter that wrote the story on General Mccrystal. He later became very outspoken about the Obama admin and big govt spying, NSA, etc. He died in a rather mysterious single car crash in 2013 in which his car was sighted going wildly out of control at high rates of speed. His car was a Mercedes C230, which perhaps could have been hacked.
Trump is somewhat smart to get all of this out. Now, should a hair on his head be harmed, the country will cease to exist and with it, the CIA.

Wonder if there is a high stakes game of chicken going on. Good for Trump. They may get him, but they go too.

Nice.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:46 PM

7,271 posts, read 4,214,344 times
Some just don't get it and it's not worth the effort to try and explain it to them anymore. Let the whole thing unravel and hopefully they will read the news and gain a better understanding of what this all means.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:46 PM

13,163 posts, read 1,698,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justNancy View Post
That still doesn't mean they're listening to your phone calls or watching you undress in your bedroom!

I thought everyone was so concerned about foreigners that they were happy to pay billions to build a wall that won't do a damn thing to keep us safe. So now they're freaking out because our INTELLIGENCE agencies have high tech spying equipment to monitor cyber warfare?

It's puzzling that so many more people are afraid of a grandmother who is working in a water park than a Russian agent who might be looking for ways to overthrow our government.

Guess y'all must be doing a lot of nasty stuff to be so worried. Believe me, most of us aren't that important. Our lives are actually pretty boring, which might be one reason stories like this one get so much attention.
You seem to be totally OK with someone(s) spying (illegally, by the way) on you.

The fact that it's happening at all should be alarming regardless of whether you are boring or not.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:54 PM

13 posts, read 8,788 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post
You seem to be totally OK with someone(s) spying (illegally, by the way) on you.

The fact that it's happening at all should be alarming regardless of whether you are boring or not.
The gov has been spying on everyone including citizens forever. What is different now is the scale and scope.

Now, they can easily access things which might be used to kill you. Listening in on a conversation is one thing. Controlling your car or sending a drone to say hello to you are quite another.

With the push of a button you could be completely offed. This is, after all, what we are doing to others. Perhaps those bad guys deserve it, but sooner or later this 'pushing of a button' will happen to Americans and everyone else.

Thanks US Gov- Keep us safe for a few years and then put everyone at risk long term. The first time a drone lands on a person here we are all fuc*** and it will happen.

Just like the advent of the gun.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:01 PM

14,268 posts, read 18,938,206 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Assange did not gather this information. A whistleblower from inside did. Assange simply released it.
Well, I don't know this has been confirmed, so maybe I need to get off of the Internet for a while. My point is, anyone who believes our intelligence agencies are plotting to control everyday citizens who are not involved in terrorist activities is overly concerned about something that will have no or little effect on our lives. If people are so concerned, then they can live in a hut somewhere. We have chips on our credit cards and cameras at traffic lights. That's life in modern society.
Quote:
Originally Posted by southward bound View Post

Okay with it? No, not at all. I don't even like nosy neighbors. I'm the last person who wants anyone snooping into my private affairs, but you just aren't getting my point. We have been under surveillance for many years and life goes on. As long as you have a Soc Sec card, vote, pay taxes or drive a car, your life isn't private. Your medical and dental records are on file too. I'm not happy about it, but it's been that way for a long time. However, if you want to hide under your bed or wear a bathing suit when you shower, that's up to you.

I don't know why this is suddenly breaking news to some people.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:06 PM

79,907 posts, read 44,210,872 times
Quote:
Well, I don't know this has been confirmed, so maybe I need to get off of the Internet for a while.

My point is, anyone who believes our intelligence agencies are plotting to control everyday citizens who are not involved in terrorist activities is overly concerned about something that will have no or little effect on our lives. If people are so concerned, then they can live in a hut somewhere. We have chips on our credit cards and cameras at traffic lights. That's life in modern society.
You get involved in wrong doing before it becomes an even bigger problem.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:09 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,650 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:

The old "nothing to worry bout unless" line. Unless
NSA admits employees spied on husbands, boyfriends, and girlfriends | PCWorld
It's just wrong. Corruptible.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:11 PM

6,218 posts, read 7,730,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theS5 View Post
Neil, but point taken.
Neil, Geddy and Alex, if we want writers.......

CN
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies