Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-30-2017, 11:44 PM

8,893 posts, read 5,375,111 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by shooting4life View Post

Obamacare mandated everyone have insurance so women can go see their regular doctor that they have been mandated to have.
Good point ..... why do we need Planned Parenthood at all? With the wonderful ACA everyone should have insurance and should be able to see their doctors to get these all-important mammograms, cancer screenings and all this stuff that PP allegedly does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-31-2017, 02:50 AM

11,122 posts, read 5,593,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post

States' rights is code for "red states will screw it up."

See: Confederacy

That is the definition for which I've been searching!

Old 03-31-2017, 05:09 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
PP is an organization that does MUCH more than provide abortions. 'Nuff said.
Never claimed otherwise.

It is STILL a PRIVATE business.

If those that like it can donate to keep it in "business".

I know, a novel concept.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:13 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,330,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hothulamaui View Post
if they can't provide? should we have a minimum salary for people who have kids? what about insurance for when you lose your job or get seriously ill?

we all "should" have the right to keep our money, but we do not get a choice where our tax dollars go for the most part. wondering just how much of "your" money is given to people who are a burden?
All of your "examples" is why we have a choice in who we vote for.

You vote for those that support YOUR interests and i vote for mine.

That is how our govt works.

Sometime you win, sometimes you lose.

Old 03-31-2017, 05:54 AM

89,030 posts, read 44,853,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
The poorest, reddest states will use the abortion monster to keep PP clinics from staying open and providing gynecological services and mammograms to poor women.
If only there was a MUCH LARGER group of such medical practices that provide those services to women... Oh yeah, there already IS! Taxpayer-funded Public Health Department Clinics located throughout the US:

https://www.hhs.gov/opa/

Old 03-31-2017, 06:16 AM

19,792 posts, read 13,954,445 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
Of course people are advocating for the removal of Planned Parenthood.

They want it gone! And if they cannot outlaw it, then defunding it is the next best thing.

Planned Parenthood isn't a burden. It's a nationwide system of clinics that provides much needed health services to the poor. By providing those services, they actually reduce the number of people trying to use other healthcare service providers, and the services they supply reduce the number of people seeking abortions, or suffering from and spreading STD's. But it's not like the holier-than-thous care about such things.
Absolutely correct.

Pence has a poor track record when dealing with real health care problems.

Politico: How Pence's slow walk on needle exchange helped propel Indiana's HIV health crisis

Old 03-31-2017, 07:28 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,889,770 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
Are you saying the federal government should force a business to operate? Should I request a Lamborghini dealership as well? How about a steel mill? What other businesses do you think the federal government should force? And how do you think the federal government should force a business to be, well, in business?

If there is a demand for services, there will be a supply, this is basic economics.

I am still wondering how this restricts your freedom of choice. No one is stopping you from getting an abortion. If there is not a business offering this service, then the demand just is not there, and you will have to travel for the service, just as everyone does with other services.

I knew someone who had to travel over a 1000 miles for cancer treatment, and do this every six weeks for five rounds. No hospital in the area offered such specialized service. So I guess according to your logic, the government should have forced a business to operate at a loss due to a lack of demand? Or is your logic that abortion clinics should be everywhere like 7/11s are?
I'm saying that Planned Parenthood provides many services besides abortion to our nation's poor. I'm saying that they have an established network of clinics. I'm saying that it's irrational to want to shut down Planned Parenthood in light of all the good they do.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minethatbird View Post
No need for the melodrama. At present we are giving individual states freedom of choice as to whether or not they fund the single largest abortion provider in the US.

For a bunch of folks who claim to be in favor of choice there sure seems to be a lot of resentment.
There is every need for it to be said again and again and again. EVERY argument against abortion is based on the proposition that women seeking abortions are stupid, irresponsible or immoral. EVERY single argument.

Old 03-31-2017, 07:31 AM

35,704 posts, read 21,070,199 times
I don't know but- but-the poor and middle just getting kicked furtherer into the curb

Old 03-31-2017, 07:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boxus View Post
The states, local governments, and donations can cover the cost. If this is so important, then there should be no lack of support from these entities, and they should be able to provide even better support since it will be in their own communities.
There should be no lack of support, but of course, we know the holier-than-thous control some states, local governments and charities, and they want to punish women for having sex.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies