Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-04-2017, 04:20 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,246,039 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by KS_Referee View Post
What you've stated is utter nonsense. A vaccinated person isn't going to "get sick" simply because they are exposed to someone who wasn't vaccinated that gets sick. Either the vaccinations work or they don't.

There is so much emotion based ignorance in your statement it is disheartening that some people have any say in anything another person does or doesn't do.
What Katarina said.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:25 PM

26,660 posts, read 13,738,390 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Katarina Witt View Post
1. I think it's funny!
It's not.

Quote:
2. Post a link, make sure it's clear the person saying such is pro-vax.
Who has time for that?

Quote:
3. Have you quit driving due to the actions of "Big Auto"? I used to live in "Big Ag" country. I could tell you some stories. However, I have not quit eating.
I'm assuming you are insinuating that because I pointed out a former documented lawsuit that was settled as well as a dishonest and delayed response to a current lawsuit against the pharmaceutical company, Merck that I am anti "big pharma" which is yet another polarizing comment that tries to put people into boxes rather then addressing the issue.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:25 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
What Katarina said.

I have no idea what Katarina said because she's been on my /ignore list for a long time.

I stand by what I said. Your position is one of utter nonsense and emotion driven ignorance. People who have been vaccinated are not going to be infected by those who haven't, therefore they won't be getting sick simply because, as you claim...

Quote:
Those who do not vaccinate are "imposing their morality on others". They want to be "free to choose" to increase the risk of making other people sick.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:35 PM

10,229 posts, read 6,314,125 times
Miss Terri, they are fighting a losing battle and are desperate. That is why they constantly attack. While they can pass laws mandating childhood vaccinations on the premise that to do otherwise is child abuse, their hands are pretty tied when it comes to adult vaccination. Flu shots? Citing Jacobson? Excuse me? There was a Flu PANDEMIC in 2009. Where were the quarantine camps, knocks on doors to get the Flu shot??? Politicians, both sides of the aisle, don't want to start infringing on adult medical issues, even for the "greater good of society". If Obama didn't with that Pandemic, think Trump will? Doesn't he know as an old man he is going to DIE without a Flu Shot?

The Medical Profession, and their Enablers Big Pharms, have far too much power, which they are now losing. Like caged animals they will strike out when cornered. The Gods have Clay Feet and it's being exposed more and more. Science (Message)? No, it is the Messengers (Doctors/Pharms) who are distrusted. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me again, shame on me.

Old 04-04-2017, 04:56 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissTerri View Post
It's not.

Who has time for that?

I'm assuming you are insinuating that because I pointed out a former documented lawsuit that was settled as well as a dishonest and delayed response to a current lawsuit against the pharmaceutical company, Merck that I am anti "big pharma" which is yet another polarizing comment that tries to put people into boxes rather then addressing the issue.
1. Yes it is funny!

2. You don't have anything. You have no quote from a pro-vaxer that missing one vaccine makes a person "anti-vax". Thanks for proving that.

3. Box, schmox. Your anti-vax credentials are well known.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo48 View Post
Miss Terri, they are fighting a losing battle and are desperate. That is why they constantly attack. While they can pass laws mandating childhood vaccinations on the premise that to do otherwise is child abuse, their hands are pretty tied when it comes to adult vaccination. Flu shots? Citing Jacobson? Excuse me? There was a Flu PANDEMIC in 2009. Where were the quarantine camps, knocks on doors to get the Flu shot??? Politicians, both sides of the aisle, don't want to start infringing on adult medical issues, even for the "greater good of society". If Obama didn't with that Pandemic, think Trump will? Doesn't he know as an old man he is going to DIE without a Flu Shot?

The Medical Profession, and their Enablers Big Pharms, have far too much power, which they are now losing. Like caged animals they will strike out when cornered. The Gods have Clay Feet and it's being exposed more and more. Science (Message)? No, it is the Messengers (Doctors/Pharms) who are distrusted. Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me again, shame on me.
Oh, for God's sake!

Old 04-04-2017, 04:59 PM

90,297 posts, read 120,722,105 times
^^I'm crushed! You changed your name didn't you?

Old 04-04-2017, 05:15 PM

Quote:
I have no idea what Katarina said because she's been on my /ignore list for a long time.

I stand by what I said. Your position is one of utter nonsense and emotion driven ignorance. People who have been vaccinated are not going to be infected by those who haven't, therefore they won't be getting sick simply because, as you claim...
She said,

"Most vaccinated people will not get the disease they're exposed to, you are correct. However, no vaccine is 100% effective, there are a few people whose vaccines just don't "take" for whatever reason. Also, the sick person can be out infecting people who truly cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, those who are immunocompromised whose vaccines may have worn off, and those too young to be vaccinated and/or fully vaccinated, depending on the disease. Many diseases are contagious, sometimes for days, before symptoms appear,"

It's not nonsense, and if you did not already know why there is concern about unvaccinated people being a risk to even vaccinated people, you might want to reconsider accusing others of being ignorant.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:19 PM

18,780 posts, read 18,130,585 times
One new vaccine possibly on the way: Zika virus: NIH clinical trial for vaccine begins in Miami, Houston, Puerto Rico | Bradenton Herald. Zilka has been shown to cause birth defects when the pregnant mothers contracted the disease: 1 in 10 pregnant women with Zika had a fetus or infant with birth defects, CDC says - ABC News.

Hopefully the trials will get off to a smooth start. We need a vaccine against this terrible disease.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:20 PM

3,617 posts, read 1,820,960 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by suzy_q2010 View Post
She said,

"Most vaccinated people will not get the disease they're exposed to, you are correct. However, no vaccine is 100% effective, there are a few people whose vaccines just don't "take" for whatever reason. Also, the sick person can be out infecting people who truly cannot be vaccinated for medical reasons, those who are immunocompromised whose vaccines may have worn off, and those too young to be vaccinated and/or fully vaccinated, depending on the disease. Many diseases are contagious, sometimes for days, before symptoms appear,"

It's not nonsense, and if you did not already know why there is concern about unvaccinated people being a risk to even vaccinated people, you might want to reconsider accusing others of being ignorant.

I NEVER accuse YOU of being ignorant. I said:

Quote:
Your position is one of utter nonsense and emotion driven ignorance.
Big difference.

You, in essence, do the same to my position (opinion). You simply leave the words out.

Old 04-04-2017, 05:27 PM

Quote:
I NEVER accuse YOU of being ignorant. I said:

Quote:
Your position is one of utter nonsense and emotion driven ignorance.
Big difference.

You, in essence, do the same to my position (opinion). You simply leave the words out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies