Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-09-2017, 04:04 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,222,338 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
Pretty stupid comment. People that cannot speak without using the f word are not worth quoting.

Thomas Jefferson: "Because them Brits are effing with us we declare our independence".
I'm not a prude concerning cussing as I do it but it does make someone like her sound ignorant doing it like this. She is representing her constituents in her role here.

It seems like the (D)'s have passed around a memo that said "Cuss, when making a point so you sound cool to the younger voters".

Not cool.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-09-2017, 04:08 AM

Quote:
I am not a Trumper. I hope he gets impeached. Pence would make a much better President. I would actually prefer if politics got out of the gutter we are in now.
It's sad that one can not have principles. If you dislike something a politician does so many jump you as if you are holding that position only because you are trying to support the other side. Happens all the time here and other places.

I support her position but I don't care much for how she states it.......why is it one can't say that?

Old 05-09-2017, 04:17 AM

Quote:
What started this was your hypersensitivity. All I stated was I took care of my son when he needed to see a doctor. It is time we get back to family relyinmg on family and not government as the first option.
A couple instances of cancer and your entire family is wiped out financially.

Quote:
Now, let us get on topic.

How fast was life expectancy rising in the 8 years before 2009 and how fast in the 8 years since? It is liberals who frequently use life expectancy stats when measuring us against other nations.
Totally irrelevant stat when stated like this. Our life expectancy is lower than in Syria? Unfortunately ours is lower because of how many young inner city citizens kill each other and die from drugs. It's also lower because as a larger country we drive more miles which leads to higher traffic deaths. All that has nothing to do with the argument.

Quote:
When the War on Poverty began in 1965 the rapidly dropping poverty rate suddenly stabilized.

If Obamacare is saving lives the statistics should show it.
It isn't about Obamacare even though partisans have made it so in some cases. Obamacare was nothing more than a huge welfare program for the insurance/wall street entities that run it. That a small number benefit does not in any way make Obamacare a good program.

I don't understand the fight against seeing that every person can get affordable access to health care in this country. I don't say that as a "liberal". I say that as a human being that thinks this is simply the right thing to do.

We can spend trillions killing thousands all around the world to keep Wall Street happy but we can't see that a waitress in South Dakota can afford to go see about the pain she is having in her stomach?

I don't get it.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:45 AM

882 posts, read 689,087 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post

I don't understand the fight against seeing that every person can get affordable access to health care in this country. I don't say that as a "liberal". I say that as a human being that thinks this is simply the right thing to do
Actually, what you don't understand is basic math (or rather you choose not to understand it). But apparently you understand income redristribution, and using a non sequitur to go off on a tangent when you can't effectively make a case.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independentthinking View Post
Actually, what you don't understand is basic math (or rather you choose not to understand it). But apparently you understand income redristribution, and using a non sequitur to go off on a tangent.
You, you, you........last thing we need around here is another person that simply wants to attack the participants as opposed to discussing the subject.

If you disagree with something I say, state what it is and why you disagree specifically.

Old 05-09-2017, 04:54 AM

Sorry you can't understand a very basic refute to your comment. What you choose to not understand is that someone has to pay for your Poly Anna dream world and bitching about things like Wall Street has nothing to do with it. Is that simple enough for you? Just because you don't like a logical reply doesn't mean you're being attacked (although your logic is)

Old 05-09-2017, 04:59 AM

Quote:
Sorry you can't understand a very basic refute to your comment. What you choose to not understand is that someone has to pay for your Poly Anna dream world and bitching about things like Wall Street has nothing to do with it.
I most certainly understand that. I've addressed that over and over here.

Quote:
Is that simple enough for you? Just because you don't like a logical reply doesn't mean you're being attacked (although your logic is)
Why is it a bad thing that a waitress in South Dakota is able to affordably see a doctor about the pain she is experiencing?

Old 05-09-2017, 05:05 AM

Quote:
I most certainly understand that. I've addressed that over and over here.

Uh, no you haven't, but when you do come up with some kind of financial plan that doesn't screw over one group of people in favor of another, do let me and everyone else on this board know so we can all live in Nirvana.

At which point, your second question will be answered.

Old 05-09-2017, 05:09 AM

Quote:
Uh, no you haven't, but when you do come up with some kind of financial plan that doesn't screw over one group of people in favor of another, do let me and everyone else on this board know so we can all live in Nirvana.
You've been here a few months at best. Or is this a second account?

Old 05-09-2017, 05:11 AM

Quote:
You've been here a few months at best. Or is this a second account?
Great answer
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies