Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-25-2017, 09:02 PM

50,298 posts, read 47,056,299 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I grew up on a dairy farm and have been employed since I was 15 years old never have been without work. In case you're curious I earn six figures. Don't assume buddy not all liberals are cut from the same cloth.
The "youth I know" still do it albeit not for slave wages...buddy. I've got a farm and ranch plus I work a tech job so I think I'm probably taxed my fair share. I also pay enough I don't need to hire illegals. Cow milkers don't throw bales or shovel wheat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-25-2017, 09:06 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
I have a solution...

Aren't prisons over populated in California?

Put the inmates on produce picking detail.

Place a transmitter on the armed law enforcement officers overseeing the inmates. Place a 30 foot radius signal. Step out of bounds a warning buzzer goes off. Don't stop, an insulin pump will dispense a nerve block into the legs. Wham. Bad guy drops like a 10 pound sack of potatoes. That would work...

Old 05-25-2017, 09:11 PM

8,224 posts, read 3,498,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marlow View Post
You want to put prisoners to work on private farms to keep food costs low?

There's a word for that. Do you know what it is?
Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:12 PM

11,011 posts, read 11,026,533 times
Really, isn't this a faux issue? They get unlimited migrant worker visas.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:21 PM

19,521 posts, read 9,543,957 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Want to pick?

can pay $28 an hour

Fruit Picking Jobs USA

now get to work
Oh, I'll pick. Is it 1 for me, 2 in the basket -or- 2 for me, 1 in the basket? Trying to remember my youth and helping my Mom pick berries

Old 05-25-2017, 09:24 PM

1,708 posts, read 1,099,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by PullMyFinger View Post
Trump Threats, Minimum Wage, Overtime Hitting California Farmers Hard « CBS Sacramento

Meanwhile American youth who could be doing the job are doing nothing and eating themselves to an early grave from type II diabetes.
Farmers have to pay whatever wage is needed for hard labor. If they won't do it, let someone with better management skills take over.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:32 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,768,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wells5 View Post
Convict labor is the answer. CA prisons are dangerously overcrowded and the inmates spend their time, well I'd better not say. Now if the politicians would only allow a sentence of hard labor, things would be better for prisoners.
They're already working for American corporations. Look it up.

Old 05-25-2017, 09:44 PM

32,075 posts, read 15,067,783 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floorist View Post
My daughter worked in a poultry plant for several years. Wages were good, but she was the only citizen who would stay. Illegals worked there for years. They hired 43 white Americans with her. Two weeks later, she was the only one left. American young people are too lazy to work.
When was this, how old was she, and what were her wages. There are always the lazy from every generation. This generation lives in the technology world. They don't want to work mindless jobs on a farm. Depending on where you live many in high schools get internships. And many of them don't even pay, but they get the experience of what they want to do. You call them lazy not to do manual labor. They want to use their mind so that's not lazy to me.

Old 05-25-2017, 10:23 PM

37,135 posts, read 42,222,200 times
Nobody has taken their cheap labor away so they have no reason to whine.

Old 05-26-2017, 08:34 AM

5,301 posts, read 6,183,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFP View Post
I grew up on a dairy farm and have been employed since I was 15 years old never have been without work. In case you're curious I earn six figures. Don't assume buddy not all liberals are cut from the same cloth.

Do you own a dairy farm? It's not clear. Most dairy farms in the Federal Milk Marketing Order #2 (of which I'm familiar) barely stay in business. Most of their milk is designated as class 4, which is priced way below the cost of production. They hang on by selling Betsy after the 4th or 5th lactation and the bull calves, of which there is a big market in the northeast.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies