Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 09:10 AM

6,811 posts, read 6,944,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
People said the same thing about women who took to the streets to protest the fact that women weren't allowed to vote. They said the same thing when women marched in favor of the ERA.

What are today's feminists fighting for now? Other than equal pay, I can't think of a single thing that today's women have to complain about. Feminism has ruined the dynamic between men and women, but feminists are too blind to see it. They are consumed by hate, resentment and victimhood. It's pathetic.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 09:12 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,037,189 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquietpath View Post
What are today's feminists fighting for now? Other than equal pay, I can't think of a single thing that today's women have to complain about. Feminism has ruined the dynamic between men and women, but feminists are too blind to see it. They are consumed by hate, resentment and victimhood. It's pathetic.

I have a great dynamic with my (male) partner. We both consider ourselves feminists.

You sound like you have a fair amount of hate, resentment and victimhood. How has feminism ruined your relationship with men, exactly?

Old 06-21-2017, 09:16 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
An ideological statement isn't an ideology.

Religions are, though. Which is that one without any self-conflict?
An ideology is simply a system of values and ethics. There is no epistemological definition that states that "a system of values must contain more than one ideological truth". And even if there was, we can simply add another ideological statement alongside it:

"God exists" (Theism).
"Ethical statements are objective truths" (Moral realism).

So explain to my how this ideology is self-referentially incoherent.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:17 AM

7,501 posts, read 5,749,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Objective Detective View Post
Some modern women who are victims of the latest 'feminist movement' like to think that they are empowered and refer to themselves as 'dangerous'. Do you have any idea what they are talking about? I am having a problem figuring this out. If these women are so 'empowered' then why are they so dependent on the system to take care of them?

Do you think maybe the children that they are having, most without steady fathers apparently, will be as dependent as them?

Enlighten me with your feminist wisdom.
This should be one of the shortest threads in history. LOL

Old 06-21-2017, 09:17 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,870,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
If the women in the thread keep running around the room with their arms flailing around like crazy women a la George Costanza in the Seinfeld, Coco the monkey epsisode, ..then they're just keep going proving their points in that the radical feminism and herd/hive mind mentality is a problem.
If the men in the thread keep running around the room with their arms flailing around like crazy women...they just keep going proving their points in that trying to subjugate women and here/hive mind mentality is a problem.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:18 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
An ideology is simply a system of values and ethics. There is no epistemological definition that states that "a system of values must contain more than one ideological truth". And even if there was, we can simply add another ideological statement alongside it:

"God exists" (Theism).

She is not interested in a conversation. Just ignore her as you can see by her responses she's most likely very immature.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:19 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,798,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
If the men in the thread keep running around the room with their arms flailing around like crazy women...they just keep going proving their points in that trying to subjugate women and here/hive mind mentality is a problem.
If you don't agree with someone's point...you do it intellectually, or you get no credibility or bonus points for your stance. That's how it works.

I don't see where he as attacked anyone or tried to gang up on anyone whereas as some of the women in the thread are trolling and trying to get women to gang up on him and others.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Even compared to some of the nonsense you've written in this thread, this reply is pretty appalling.

For example, if I post the link from earlier, categorically disproving your claim that scientists don't measure happiness, will it really make any difference? Somehow I doubt it. I think you know just how disingenuously you are behaving.

I'll also ignore the diatribe at the end (that has nothing to do with what I said).
Scientists can try to measure happiness, but in the end, happiness is subjective. Nothing you've said, no studies you've proffered can change the fact that happiness is subjective.

And I'm not surprised that you choose to ignore part of my post. When you can't refute something, ignore it and try to minimize it.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:21 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,324,274 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
She is not interested in a conversation. Just ignore her as you can see by her responses she's most likely very immature.
I think you're right. It's a shame. I had premise 3 all prepared too, but I don't think discussing it here will be very fruitful.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:

"God exists" (Theism).

"God exists". Please tell us how this statement is a "system of values and ethics".
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies