Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-21-2017, 09:24 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times

Advertisements

I want more intellectual discussion, like how we'd all be happier if we were Amish.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-21-2017, 09:29 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
She is not interested in a conversation. Just ignore her as you can see by her responses she's most likely very immature.
LOL. If you can't rebut someone's arguments, try to dismiss them. Or put them on ignore. That way you can just stay in your little bubble, telling yourself that women really would be happier if they just went back to being second-class citizens.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:30 AM

8,323 posts, read 15,174,301 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
That's a pretty bold thing to say. You'll need an epistemological thesis or equivalent to prove something like this.

Why do I get the feeling you haven't got one prepared?
... Are you really so eager to prove feminism wrong that you are willing to try and argue the point I agreed with you on? I mean. Okay. Whatever floats your flamingo.

In the meantime, I notice that you completely ignored the serious request for more details regarding your separate propositions for why feminism should be rolled back. Let's try this again:

How is feminism unworkable?

How does feminism contradict scientifically verifiable biological differences? What are these scientifically verifiable biological differences?

And how is feminism, in the long term, fundamentally incompatible with a self-sustaining civilization?

Old 06-21-2017, 09:31 AM

42,732 posts, read 29,894,256 times
Quote:
If you don't agree with someone's point...you do it intellectually, or you get no credibility or bonus points for your stance. That's how it works.

I don't see where he as attacked anyone or tried to gang up on anyone whereas as some of the women in the thread are trolling and trying to get women to gang up on him and others.
Oh, you didn't like that post? But you liked it's first iteration, where it attacked women.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:33 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,802,860 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC at the Ridge View Post
LOL. If you can't rebut someone's arguments, try to dismiss them. Or put them on ignore. That way you can just stay in your little bubble, telling yourself that women really would be happier if they just went back to being second-class citizens.
I don't think anyone on here nor most people in general really agreed with him on that and you know what I'm talking about. Now you're trolling as well and trying to suck up to the women and White Knight them or something. I think they've got it covered buddy. No one wants Amish women to be a thing.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:33 AM

1,889 posts, read 1,325,411 times
Quote:
"God exists". Please tell us how this statement is a "system of values and ethics".
There are two statements.

Quote:
Scientists can try to measure happiness, but in the end, happiness is subjective. Nothing you've said, no studies you've proffered can change the fact that happiness is subjective.
You're really grasping at straws now. If qualia are not within the domain of empirical knowledge, then entire specialties like psychiatry, psychology or pain therapy would be meaningless and pointless.

Yet they are not pointless. Proof? They have practical benefits.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:36 AM

225 posts, read 216,489 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gallowsCalibrator View Post
... Are you really so eager to prove feminism wrong that you are willing to try and argue the point I agreed with you on? I mean. Okay. Whatever floats your flamingo.

In the meantime, I notice that you completely ignored the serious request for more details regarding your separate propositions for why feminism should be rolled back. Let's try this again:

How is feminism unworkable?

How does feminism contradict scientifically verifiable biological differences? What are these scientifically verifiable biological differences?

And how is feminism, in the long term, fundamentally incompatible with a self-sustaining civilization?
The amount of babbling nonsense by feminists in this thread is living proof that feminism is unworkable.

Old 06-21-2017, 09:37 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hightower72 View Post
Even compared to some of the nonsense you've written in this thread, this reply is pretty appalling.

For example, if I post the link from earlier, categorically disproving your claim that scientists don't measure happiness, will it really make any difference? Somehow I doubt it. I think you know just how disingenuously you are behaving.

I'll also ignore the diatribe at the end (that has nothing to do with what I said).
Even if we are to accept your survey on happiness as proof women are unhappier now(which is a concept that is hard to quantify and there are many reasons that the results could have shaken out as they did) ...it only covered the last 30 years or so. Feminism has had 3 waves and lasted much longer than that.

How can you look at a survey like this and say hmmm...women in the past 30 years aren't happy. Instead of logically thinking about what has happened in that 30 year period, I'll posit that it's feminism period and rolling it all back 200 years or so would be best.

Mmmmm how does that work? It's certainly overkill, at a minimum. It would be like wanting to go back before the Industrial Revolution just because a survey showed workers today were unhappy.

Happy is so subjective. This made me think a bit when I found it last night How to be perfectly unhappy - The Oatmeal

Old 06-21-2017, 09:38 AM

7,235 posts, read 7,042,475 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Not the Maginot Line View Post
The amount of babbling nonsense by feminists in this thread is living proof that feminism is unworkable.
Right on! I want more Youtube videos, more rebuttals that consist of "butthurt" and more facts like, "it would be better if we were Amish". Amiritre, fellas?!

Old 06-21-2017, 09:40 AM

5,315 posts, read 2,115,979 times
Quote:
If the women in the thread keep running around the room with their arms flailing around like crazy women a la George Costanza in the Seinfeld, Coco the monkey epsisode, ..then they're just keep going proving their points in that the radical feminism and herd/hive mind mentality is a problem.
Saying we don't want to be second class is "flailing around like crazy women" Geez. The ideas in this thread have been so far from being radical that it's laughable. We're horrible people for wanting to be considered people and wanting to make choices about our life. Uh huh.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies