Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-16-2017, 05:53 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"As far as standing for the NA, the owners can only do so much without a potential legal battle."

B.S.

The NBA has a "stand" rule when the anthem is [laying.

It has ALSO been sated the NFL is PRIVATELY owned and the owners are FREE to incur whatever activity can and cant be done AT THEIR WORKPLACE.
Yet the union defended player suspensions from cheating, spousal abuse, child abuse, assault, even rape... You don't think the union wouldn't fight a potential firing of a player over the anthem for a rule that is only an implied rule.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:55 AM

59,088 posts, read 27,318,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Wow you use that word like you just learned it.
I guess the flag only works for you to use veterans to support your heavily biased idealogy. That is despicable. but you forgot that the flag and country is for EVERYONE in the country, not just military, or military who died in combat. Need a reminder of who you could care less about to fit your agenda? These people are all represented by the flag. So you can decide who else is dead to you in your fit o’pique of phony outrage.
Black people
Hispanic people
Middle eastern people
White people
Vererans that are homeless
Veterans/military that are not homeless
Football players
And anyone else you didn’t mention that lives here.

And since you like to have your head in the marsh like a weenie, you might want to do a little more research on what the majority of the military support. They support the right to kneel. The vets are kneeling too because they aren’t always supported by the government.
Some seem to forget the NATIONAL Anthem is for our NATION.

No nation is perfect. We LOVE our NATION with it faults and all.

To do a protest DURING the singing of the NATIONAL Anthem shows disrespect for our nation.

If you DON'T like it that much, LEAVE it!

There is a time and place for everything. THIS is neither.

Old 10-16-2017, 05:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Colin Kaepernick files grievance, says NFL owners 'punished' him for protesting

Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance against the National Football League in which he claims team owners colluded to keep him from being signed.
The grievance was filed on Sunday under the league's Collective Bargaining Agreement, according to a statement from Mark Geragos, Kaepernick's attorney. Geragos is also a CNN contributor.

Colin Kaepernick files grievance, says NFL owners 'punished' him for protesting - Oct. 15, 2017
Typical leftie.

He just CAN'T accept he is NOT as good as he thinks he is.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by xray731 View Post
I've done the research Harvey and since I know many military families - all who don't support this kneeling tantrum put on by millionaire players - maybe you can enlighten us with the "research" that supports your claim. Just because a couple military personnel have come out in support of this stunt doesn't mean the majority supports it.
" Just because a couple military personnel have come out in support of this stunt doesn't mean the majority supports it."

Evert time I go to my American Legion, this is being talked about.

I have yet to hear a single vet support the kneeling.

I "talk" with a LOT of vets via email and not ONE support the kneeling.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkpunk View Post
NBC talked about it during the Sunday Night Football broadcast during halftime.
NBC, do you mean the TV network that did NOT do a single stony on the Wienstein story when EVERY OTHER network did?

CBS, ABC, CNN and the rest of the alphabet media, all of the same ilk.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:13 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,300,804 times
Quote:
"As far as standing for the NA, the owners can only do so much without a potential legal battle."

B.S.

The NBA has a "stand" rule when the anthem is [laying.

It has ALSO been sated the NFL is PRIVATELY owned and the owners are FREE to incur whatever activity can and cant be done AT THEIR WORKPLACE.
There is no stand rule. Manual states players should stand, not must stand. In legal terms the word should means recommend but not required.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:17 AM

Quote:
And he turned it into a political statement by flying out as soon as the players knelt because Trump asked him to continue the flag issue. You conveniently left that detail out.
"And he turned it into a political statement" So what"

ALL politicians turns EVERY thing they do into a "political statement.

"because Trump asked him to continue the flag issue"

I have not read that.

Can you collaborate it?

Even if he did , so what?

He is NOT allowed to voice HIS opinion and the spoiled brats of NFL are?

Sound like a double standard to me.

I bet you never complained about dems making a "political statement" all during Obama's admin.

What do think the point was of having little children at the signing of O Care was?

Do you want a list?

Old 10-16-2017, 06:21 AM

Quote:
Yet the union defended player suspensions from cheating, spousal abuse, child abuse, assault, even rape... You don't think the union wouldn't fight a potential firing of a player over the anthem for a rule that is only an implied rule.
I could give a rats arse WHAT the union does.

Besides, THAT is NOT the issue.

"You don't think the union wouldn't fight a potential firing of a player over the anthem for a rule that is only an implied rule

IF the NFL PASSES A NEW RULE and the players defy it, the union wouldn't stand a snowball chance in hell of winning.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzy jeff View Post
There is no stand rule. Manual states players should stand, not must stand. In legal terms the word should means recommend but not required.
NO ONE is arguing your point.

The NFL is contemplating a NEW RULE.

Although one of the existing rues COULD be applied.

"The policy states: "It is a privilege to be part of the National Football League. Everyone who is part of the league must refrain from conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the NFL."

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...conduct-policy

"
conduct detrimental to the integrity of and public confidence in the NFL." is determined BY THE NFL and does NOT have to be specific.

Old 10-16-2017, 06:23 AM

38,936 posts, read 23,903,106 times
Quote:
"And he turned it into a political statement" So what"

ALL politicians turns EVERY thing they do into a "political statement.

"because Trump asked him to continue the flag issue"

I have not read that.

Can you collaborate it?

Even if he did , so what?

He is NOT allowed to voice HIS opinion and the spoiled brats of NFL are?

Sound like a double standard to me.

I bet you never complained about dems making a "political statement" all during Obama's admin.

What do think the point was of having little children at the signing of O Care was?

Do you want a list?
No but he did it on our dime whether we wanted it or not. A football player isn't subsidized by federal tax payers at all. If I don't watch or go to a game, I'm not giving them money. The VP is funded by mine and your taxes. Didn't you ***** and moan when Obama did similar things? If you did then, if I were you I'd stop defending Pence. I did for both.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies