Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-31-2017, 07:16 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times

Advertisements

Funny isn't it? The Dems pass a law with ZERO Republican votes. In spite of the fact that every economist that analyzed it said it couldn't survive. In spite of the fact that Rs tried to get them to listen and do something that would salvage it, which the Dems rejected. Now, as predicted, this Democratic boondoggle has failed and is circling the drain. And now, Dems blame the Republicans for not "fixing" the mess they dumped on them.

Fixing the disaster Dems made of health care will be far harder than fixing the recession Bush left Obama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-31-2017, 07:16 AM

16,236 posts, read 5,884,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
He is deliberately sabotaging a government program that helps tens of millions of America. It is reprehensible.
Some would argue that a law that hurt the hundred millions to help 21 million is reprehensible. Its a bad law. Only hardliners refuse to see that fact. Replace it with a Single payer. The Dems could have done this, but instead of a cure they gave us a cancer.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:17 AM

33,942 posts, read 22,537,022 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
The ACA is a bad law. Let it fail. We need single payer.
Obamacare is like that car that is a lemon. The cost to keep it going far exceeds its value. Cut your loses and Replace it.
Do you think we are going to get single payer with this President and Republican controlled everything?

I don't.

So, for the time being the ACA is all these people have since the Republicans couldn't come up with a workable plan to repeal and replace. I'm ok with it failing too - mainly because those red states that voted for Trump will be hurt the most. It's time they reap what they have sown.

I'm a believer in single payer - but not in fairy tales. It's not going to happen with this house, senate, and presidency.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:18 AM

40,951 posts, read 49,206,955 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WMak70 View Post
I guess you are not part of the 21 million, are you ?
Yes I am. My costs went up 150% and is killing us middle class self employed who have to pay for this monstrosity.

Kill the program.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:19 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toyman at Jewel Lake View Post
Funny isn't it? The Dems pass a law with ZERO Republican votes. In spite of the fact that every economist that analyzed it said it couldn't survive. In spite of the fact that Rs tried to get them to listen and do something that would salvage it, which the Dems rejected. Now, as predicted, this Democratic boondoggle has failed and is circling the drain. And now, Dems blame the Republicans for not "fixing" the mess they dumped on them.

Fixing the disaster Dems made of health care will be far harder than fixing the recession Bush left Obama.
LOL well put. The Dems wrote a very flawed bill, didn't read it, Obama made it a law and now it's everyone else's responsibility to fix it.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
Do you think we are going to get single payer with this President and Republican controlled everything?

I don't.

So, for the time being the ACA is all these people have since the Republicans couldn't come up with a workable plan to repeal and replace. I'm ok with it failing too - mainly because those red states that voted for Trump will be hurt the most. It's time they reap what they have sown.

I'm a believer in single payer - but not in fairy tales. It's not going to happen with this house, senate, and presidency.
No it won't happen. Americans can't stand to just go with the flow. We need to reinvent the wheel. Ours is square but it is our wheel.

Im ok with it failing because that will force us to actually do something, maybe we will get it right the next time around. Fixing a lemon is always a bad choice. Dump it and replace it.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:24 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,113,345 times
Trump and McConnell basically told Democrats "we don't want any input from you, so we're not going to ask. But would you mind voting yes for the bill anyway?"

Come on. Like, even Trump supporters have to admit that's just silly.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:24 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
So he is NOT imposing draconian penalties on those that can't afford health insurance? Most of us consider this a good thing.

Work requirements on Medicaid recipients? Again, a good thing for those physically capable of working (link, BTW, to where this is done).

Not advertising? Good, why should we be wasting money on advertising instead of providing health care?
If anything the penalties for not signing up for healthcare were not severe enough.

Just a bit misleading when he keep stating "it's failing on it's own".

Old 07-31-2017, 07:28 AM

39,874 posts, read 26,521,399 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
If anything the penalties for not signing up for healthcare were not severe enough.

Just a bit misleading when he keep stating "it's failing on it's own".
Here's a clue. If Obamacare were such a great program that people actually WANTED...you wouldn't have to punish people in order to make them use it. I realize that is a difficult concept to understand.

Old 07-31-2017, 07:32 AM

57,315 posts, read 26,228,587 times
Quote:
Here's a clue. If Obamacare were such a great program that people actually WANTED...you wouldn't have to punish people in order to make them use it. I realize that is a difficult concept to understand.
A good part of the population doesn't worry about health care until they are sick, they think they will be fine and some how immune to old age, cancer and other tragedies.

Why is it so difficult to comprehend that any health care plan that cannot draw in young healthy people will fail.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies