Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 07:26 AM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times

Advertisements

I completely support legalization and don't smoke pot. People who do are great people and much better to be around than drunks and those addicted to opioids. The dinosaurs don't yet understand this but they will be extinct soon enough (most of them, anyway)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 07:55 AM

16,911 posts, read 10,598,766 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
You are completely stuck in the mindset that:

Legalization = Makes things worse.

The problem is, it isn't true. If you had learned from history, you would know that the opposite is true. Prohibition makes things worse. If you were capable of learning from other countries in the world, you would see that the countries that have decriminalized are doing much better than us. If you were able to learn even from other states in your own country, you would see that those states are doing much better than the rest of the country, and not just on an economic level.

But you are stuck in your mindset. So that, as they say, is that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
You mean the one caused by legal dope from BigPharma, that drug crisis?
Quote:
Originally Posted by videobruce View Post
The "crisis" is in the White House, there aren't enough drugs to go around.

How is legalizing something that has been proven to be medical safe & necessary (in some cases) and is readily available making it worse? Gee, just the opposite of you Republicans view on firearms. Now, what is worse?

Lame, really lame.
All such dumb comments. We know that countries with real drug laws that enforce them have almost no drug problems and far fewer societal problems and less mental illness. We also know that the drug crisis has exploded even though states are making more drugs legal. Gangs have not disappeared. As the above post shows, people are now pushing snake oil (or pot oil in this case) over science. People are having their faces eaten off. "Mothers" are throwing pot parties with their own small children. I recently watched a video of a man high on drugs who ran around naked before cutting off his own penis. Now, you guys might think that all of this is great fun, but I would rather not continue down this path.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:57 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
I don't hate pot as much as I hate pot culture. Good god is it so annoying. They think it'll bring about world peace or some crap. Pot heads are annoying people.

Old 08-03-2017, 07:59 AM

7,293 posts, read 4,098,694 times
How many threads about the legalization of marijuana do we need?

It's clear that most people are in favor of it. End of story.

Stop spending my tax dollars to lock people up for consuming a plant. It's not helping.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:01 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
I put drugs, piercings, tattoos, weird hair cuts, off colored make-up, etc. all in the same category with people of the lower classes. Yes, they are pretty corrupted!

Old 08-03-2017, 08:02 AM

9,338 posts, read 7,114,351 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fordtrucks View Post
The Left Has Completely Corrupted Society Turned The Nation Into Pot Heads:Shock Poll Only 14% Say Pot Should Be Illegal

Yes, my fellow City-Data posters, this was meant to be a serious post.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:03 AM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AguaDulce View Post
How many threads about the legalization of marijuana do we need?

It's clear that most people are in favor of it. End of story.

Stop spending my tax dollars to lock people up for consuming a plant. It's not helping.
Because that weed leads to stronger drug use and then the person usually has to start stealing from others to support that habit. Better to put them behind bars before they kill someone doing their life of crime. Not to mention they may end up on the road with you and kill you in an accident. IT IS ABOUT SAVING LIVES.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
I don't hate pot as much as I hate pot culture. Good god is it so annoying. They think it'll bring about world peace or some crap. Pot heads are annoying people.

Define "pot head," please.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
Because that weed leads to stronger drug use and then the person usually has to start stealing from others to support that habit. Better to put them behind bars before they kill someone doing their life of crime. Not to mention they may end up on the road with you and kill you in an accident. IT IS ABOUT SAVING LIVES.

Locking people up for smoking pot has not helped.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:09 AM

7,447 posts, read 2,836,240 times
Uh oh Chicken Littles, the sky is falling. Better go cower trembling in your bunkers cause the end is near.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies