Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 09:50 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Dude, I get everything you're saying, but it doesn't mean that pot is still the greatest thing since sliced bread. I am sure it's a great homeopathic way to ween off pharmaceuticals but my point is that just because it has some benefits it doesn't mean that everyone is going to see it as the wonder drug alternative that might revolutionize our way of thinking and help society foster greater understanding or whatnot. It's a natural herb that has some benefits and was unjustly maligned for many decades. I support it's legalization but that's about as far as I personally go, and don't need a pot evangelist to proselytize me into the church of cannabis.

It's precisely the preachyness of the pot culture that might annoy some people, even if those people might agree with a lot of their salient points. It just needs to be legal so people won't needlessly go to jail for it.
If you support legalizing it & don't care if people smoke it, then why do you keep posting negative posts about it? Just say it & be done with it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 09:50 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
She's an actor & she probably makes more than you do.

Although I have no tattoos/piercings of my own I can see them serving a purpose, if someone's going to judge me over something so superficial I'm probably not going to want to waste much time with them anyway.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:51 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,233,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
beer drinkers can become alcoholics, make it illegal?
Yes.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:53 AM

307 posts, read 246,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Yes.
we tried that once, remember how that went?

Last edited by LostintheMatrix; 08-03-2017 at 09:55 AM.. Reason: spelling

Old 08-03-2017, 09:53 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
Did I say any of the things in bold? No, I did not.

If I came across as preachy then I apologize, that was not my intent. However, I think it is more likely that you have somehow become hyper-sensitized to it.

I am simply trying to write facts and provide information using words that people won't or can't read into. Apparently I am failing. But not on the facts part.
I think people have become hyper sensitized to the people who extol the virtues of pot to a level that borders on hyperbole. So yes I might be a bit sensitive since there are many converts to the cult of cannabis in my generation. I think it's great that you benefit from it, but others might just want to get buzzed. Either way, we're in agreement that no one should go to jail for it.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:54 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I don't disagree but when a person decides to smoke weed for the first time they are making a very deliberate choice and deciding to cross a very bold line our society had drawn.
I think it is worse than that. Kids don't deliberate for a while and then finally decide to cross a bold line. They act on impulse.

So when the law draws a line in the sand, and a kid who is under peer pressure sees it, then looks over and sees the gaggle of girls who just love the "bad boy" type, it actually becomes a glamorous line to cross.

That's true of any law, but especially true of pot. It is so easy to get, and it doesn't cause the harm of hard drugs, so the line drawn in the sand by marijuana prohibition is one of the most glamorous of all to cross.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:55 AM

Quote:
If you support legalizing it & don't care if people smoke it, then why do you keep posting negative posts about it? Just say it & be done with it.
I am not posting negative posts about pot, just pot heads.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:57 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Alcohol is a horrible drug.
It has ruined countless lives, including lives of people who didn't even use any.

So...your solution is to give the population more drugs to play with.

Ok.

I do agree that jail time for drug use is totally stupid.
That is not my solution. I don't consider weed a drug especially in the class of heroin or the likes.

The war on drugs is a failure but to legalize all drugs is pure insanity.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:57 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Kudos to you for the most ignorant, drama queen, henny penny, arm flapping, hysterical, stupid posts I've seen this morning.
I don't know. Failing to properly blend one's foundation is a pretty serious offense. And just the other day someone threatened me in the parking lot with a box of blue hair color. It was terrifying.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LostintheMatrix View Post
Are you high ?

my comment was in response to the poster that said pot could / would lead to harder drugs. I responded by giving an example of how / why that happens when you visit a place to buy pot, and have easy access to the harder drugs, and how that is not the case where it's legal.

anyway, to answer your question, yes, I would be ok with it. I don't care much for alcohol, so I don't go into those store, but I don't care who does either
Yes, but you're making it seem as though those harder drugs are bad and the only reason why people who smoke pot get hooked on them is because they're shady dealer is upselling them. I assumed you thought they were bad and didn't need legalizing. Just pot, because it's not as harmful.

Yet, you're ok with ending the war on drugs and having meth sold like alcohol, but don't think a pot user will patron both a weed store AND an opium den?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies