Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-03-2017, 10:10 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
Generalizations, all. In the first place, nothing was said about sleeve tattoos, specifically, she appeared to mean all tattoos, no matter how small or discreet. In the second place, what sort of piercings? Earrings, which almost all women wear? Nipple or belly rings, which you can't see under the clothing, anyway? Given that poster's history, I suspect she considers a "weird" haircut to be anything edgier than a pageboy.

As for sleeve tattoos, in a conservative workplace, they would be covered up by...wait for it...sleeves!
Why should sleeve tattoos be covered up if they're so normal and commonplace? It's 2017, right?? If they're appropriate, why cover them up?

And stop playing coy. There are millions of people with A tattoo, or a few tattoos, or who might get a stylish haircut or who have earrings. But what I am talking about is people who make it a point to be exhibitionists in life and being edgy is their calling card. People who have sleeve tattoos, neck tats, gauges in their ears you could run a tire iron through and haircuts that would make Rupaul blush.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 10:12 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crone View Post
You best do yourself a favor and google the amount of pain killers sold in West Virginia by big pharma. A West Virginia paper did a series. I saw a senator on tv talking about it They reported 9 million pain killers were sent to one pharmacy in 2 years. The pharmacy was located in a town of less than 1000 people.

I am an old woman who has never smoked pot. Some of my best friends do. I've thought about growing it to supplement my SS.

People older than me smoked pot before it became illegal, including my mom. And DH first boss who was trained by General Patton.

Pot was made illegal because the cotton farmers did not want the competition from hemp.

You want to speak of addicted people stealing from others. Check out big pharma, Wall Street and the Congress of the USA who legalizes it. They are all addicted to money. And they give not one thought to how they get it.
I wish medical marijuana had been legal when my dad was alive. He had NO appetite at all for the last few months of his life, and pot probably would have helped. Instead, we had to buy a ridiculously expensive prescription drug to ease his nausea and stimulate his appetite. Thanks, Big Pharma.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OpinionInOcala View Post
Personally, I'm much more fearful of the folks who condemn me to an eternity of conscious torment in fire upon refusing to join them for a Sunday session of opening my wallet to hallucinate over crackers, call for the End Times, and convulse on the floor after being possessed by some sort of "spirit."

To each their own I suppose.
You mean the people who just tell you you're going to hell vs the people who will harass you on twitter and try to get you fired from your job for using the wrong pronoun? Or having the wrong opinion?

Or do you just enjoy virtue signaling by bringing down religious people?

Old 08-03-2017, 10:14 AM

221 posts, read 187,464 times
Here's an idea. How about right wing gubmint stay out of my business. If I want a joint or a cocktail it's my choice and right to do so, just like driving your ford pickup truck and polishing up your big shiny gun is your choice. Your truck and gun is far more dangerous than my blunt. Just sayin.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:14 AM

307 posts, read 246,148 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Yes, but you're making it seem as though those harder drugs are bad and the only reason why people who smoke pot get hooked on them is because they're shady dealer is upselling them. I assumed you thought they were bad and didn't need legalizing. Just pot, because it's not as harmful.

Yet, you're ok with ending the war on drugs and having meth sold like alcohol, but don't think a pot user will patron both a weed store AND an opium den?
I think you completely missed the point of the original post you're trying to argue with here, and now I'm reminded of why I stopped visiting this forum. enjoy your day...

Old 08-03-2017, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
I am hoping this type of crowd will dwindle as the novelty wears off. These are the people that give it a bad name.

I know quite a few people that use it casually and they don't broadcast it. Pot doesn't define their life.
Exactly. That is what I was looking to say. That they make pot their life. Those are the pot heads that I was referring to that are the most annoying.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:16 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
I am not posting negative posts about pot, just pot heads.

I'd bet $$$ to donuts you're acquainted with far more pot smokers than you think you are.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:16 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,623,896 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
I wish medical marijuana had been legal when my dad was alive. He had NO appetite at all for the last few months of his life, and pot probably would have helped. Instead, we had to buy a ridiculously expensive prescription drug to ease his nausea and stimulate his appetite. Thanks, Big Pharma.
Sorry to hear that about your dad. I have read similar stories and it always ends with Big Pharma. Big Pharma wants the pot stigma to stick around. Terrible.

Old 08-03-2017, 10:18 AM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Why should sleeve tattoos be covered up if they're so normal and commonplace? It's 2017, right?? If they're appropriate, why cover them up?

And stop playing coy. There are millions of people with A tattoo, or a few tattoos, or who might get a stylish haircut or who have earrings. But what I am talking about is people who make it a point to be exhibitionists in life and being edgy is their calling card. People who have sleeve tattoos, neck tats, gauges in their ears you could run a tire iron through and haircuts that would make Rupaul blush.
Because if you work in a bank or at an accounting firm, you are required to wear sleeves whether you have tattoos or not.

And I am not playing coy. The person who first mentioned tattoos and piercings didn't specify what kind, she said they were all "lower class." Instead of taking issue with me, why not ask her to clarify her objections before defending her post?

Old 08-03-2017, 10:18 AM

3,339 posts, read 2,142,463 times
Quote:
You mean the people who just tell you you're going to hell vs the people who will harass you on twitter and try to get you fired from your job for using the wrong pronoun? Or having the wrong opinion?

Or do you just enjoy virtue signaling by bringing down religious people?
I am opposed to crazy in all its glorious flavors. For example, here's something I said on 7/29 of this year on another topic in this forum regarding the subject you've brought up in your post:

Quote:
Then you have things such as the increasingly popular far-left notions of virtuous victimhood whereby individual worth is largely determined by immutable identity characteristics and a willingness to exploit such; that speech unfavorable to the far-left's agenda merits response with physical violence; or that prejudice and other forms of irrational behavior are solved with equally prejudicial and irrational behaviors. How about the implied notion of, "I breath and therefore I am owed, so give to me that which I seek to possess but have not earned?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies