Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-03-2017, 08:55 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
The potheads always come out with some lame excuse about how smoking pot is no worse than having a little cocktail or beer, but it is totally different. I grew up in the 60's, and while I was not a hippie, I dated a lot of hippy chicks, so I was around pot at times. I watched a lot of people get wasted and stupid, and some of them moved on to harder drugs and some are not with us today because of it.
I could describe many of the drinkers I've known in my day the exact same way. More than one is no longer with us and never moved past alcohol, actually.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2017, 08:56 AM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
Kudos to you for the most ignorant, drama queen, henny penny, arm flapping, hysterical, stupid posts I've seen this morning.
People with stupid haircuts, sleeve tattoos and piercings are usually associated with the lower class unless they're in the arts/entertainment. Athletics included. Other than that they're an anomaly in every other field.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:57 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,333,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Seriously, the people who push that pot is just the most amazing thing ever and that it's illegal status was all a conspiracy by people in the paper industry.

... junk deleted ...
A piece of advice, if I may. You probably should do your research on why pot became illegal in the first place before you start proclaiming your expertise.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,567,335 times
Quote:
People with stupid haircuts, sleeve tattoos and piercings are usually associated with the lower class unless they're in the arts/entertainment. Athletics included. Other than that they're an anomaly in every other field.
It's 2017, try to keep up.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:58 AM

25,582 posts, read 17,304,861 times
Quote:
The Left Has Completely Corrupted Society Turned The Nation Into Pot Heads:Shock Poll Only 14% Say Pot Should Be Illegal
The Democratic National Committee has finally seen the truth. You have to be stoned out of your mind to vote for a Democrat.
So they are acting on what they believe. They solicit the vote of stoners, students, and malcontents.
So far, so good.

Old 08-03-2017, 08:59 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,756,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post

And? There's no evidence cannabis leads to harder drugs.

I actually wouldn't be surprised if using pot led to using harder drugs in some cases because when you are using pot you are already breaking the law. You've already jumped the biggest hurdle for some people so it's a smaller leap from pot to a harder drug than it would be if pot was legal.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
A piece of advice, if I may. You better do your research on why pot became illegal in the first place before you start proclaiming your expertise.
My point is, that they could be right about why pot is illegal, it wouldn't matter to me, because I think the pot culture is freakin' annoying. As is their insistence that if the world just smoked more doobies we'd have less problems.

I said that I personally have no problems with pot or people smoking it, and think it should be legal, but just that I find potheads and pot aficionado culture to be utterly idiotic and annoying. That's all.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:01 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJJersey View Post
All such dumb comments. We know that countries with real drug laws that enforce them have almost no drug problems and far fewer societal problems and less mental illness. We also know that the drug crisis has exploded even though states are making more drugs legal. Gangs have not disappeared. As the above post shows, people are now pushing snake oil (or pot oil in this case) over science. People are having their faces eaten off. "Mothers" are throwing pot parties with their own small children. I recently watched a video of a man high on drugs who ran around naked before cutting off his own penis. Now, you guys might think that all of this is great fun, but I would rather not continue down this path.
Oh? Are you really claiming BigPharma doesn't contribute to the drug crisis by buying legislators and pushing their wares to doctors?

Because that could certainly be filed with what you allege are dumb comments.

Read the following: https://www.usnews.com/news/articles...sed-death-rate

And make the case those pills are a safer alternative for insomniacs than a few tokes and a glass of wine.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thefragile View Post
It's 2017, try to keep up.
Yeah and what? Because there might be a few hipsters with sleeve tattoos working on their start up that that somehow means that most people in the upper ranks have tattoos or piercings now? Get real. I said they're still an anomaly in the upper ranks.

Old 08-03-2017, 09:03 AM

13,511 posts, read 17,042,653 times
Quote:
Do you really need a definition? Someone who smokes way too much and thinks it's the potential to save the world. Like, don't ya know, man? Weed is the best, man.

Seriously, the people who push that pot is just the most amazing thing ever and that it's illegal status was all a conspiracy by people in the paper industry.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NpS4ebEtLUE

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NzJ3ULJ7J70

In sum, pot heads are ANNOYING.
I'm pro legalization but I don't smoke, and I agree there are a lot of these people and they can be extremely annoying...but after legalization they will mostly go away because there will be no more arguments to be had. You don't have people railing about how great alcohol is, do you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies