Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has your support the most
Trump is my guy. 15 65.22%
Bannon represents the true values of the alt/right...I'll stick with him 4 17.39%
I'll support both..no matter how far apart they get 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 09:59 AM

45,237 posts, read 26,470,793 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by craigiri View Post
Sure, after al, KY - the home of opiate addled welfare and disability multi-generation families that suck up my taxes....is a "libertarian" paradise made so by Sen. Paul.
Because Rand Paul is resposible for those things? How is your guy doing lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 10:00 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
As a candidate he was firmly opposed to adding more troops to Afghanistan as well as doing nation building there or in any foreign country - remember America First?

Well, informed sources have it, that he is considering an additional deployment of troops up to perhaps 5,000 or more, to shore up existing forces. Yet another example of turning a campaign promise on it's head and converting it to another promise not kept, at best, or at worst (my choice) the continuation of his propensity to lie.

BTW does anyone think this is smart, if after 15 years we have nothing to show for our efforts there, but thousands of precious lives lost and billions drained from our treasury and adding to our bulging deficit?

Maybe Donny will surprise me and not do this, but I doubt it, since getting out now, would make him feel like a loser and we all know how he feels about that - don't we.
I think you'd better check your sources, because I think you are misinformed on what he promised and about what he is doing and his motives for doing it.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:00 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
How is Afghanistan important to Americans?
And how is this ongoing, never-ending war in Afghanistan under Trump any different than the policy he railed and campaigned against in the previous administration?

Old 08-22-2017, 10:04 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunGrins View Post
Huh? Trump famously announced that he knew so much more than the generals in running the military. He knows nothing about the military. That's why his trans-gender pronouncements are being ignored. As long as they ignore the fool we'll be okay.
What he certainly doesn't know about the military (and associated industries, contractors, etc.) is that - given the choice - they will choose "forever war" and a larger and larger debt saddled onto the people of this country...as opposed to spending the money at home.

I lived for 25 years in a county (and state - and country) largely run by Lockheed-Martin and got to look at the general "universe" of the arms contractors, retired officers and others....and you would be just flabbergasted at the spending and waste.

Not only do they buy virtually EVERY politician (giving them a full paid job at LM if needed), but the retired military brass who are involved in the contracts buy yachts, summer houses and 100K cars with just a single bonus.

Forgive me if I am wrong, but I don't think retired steel workers or auto workers get this type of thing. That's in addition to the endless parade of women and parties (with butter and ice sculptures - think "Lords of War" ) and other benefits.

It's sorta sad. We had a friend whose hubby was involved in this and she drank herself to death at an early age. You see - the women and party parts often don't include the spouses.

There has been some reporting on this type of thing around Petraus (endless parties in Tampa area near Central Command).....but, wow, the Roman Empire comes to mind. We pay our taxes and they become as Gods.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:06 AM

20,955 posts, read 8,687,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
And how is this ongoing, never-ending war in Afghanistan under Trump any different than the policy he railed and campaigned against in the previous administration?
Trump will tell you when he stops taking vacations - because, of course, if he becomes POTUS he will not be golfing. This will give him more time to work.

On the positive side, we can look forward to greatly increased supplies of REAL heroin.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:11 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,803,679 times
It has nothing to do with Trump... my understanding is the top generals want to expand on it. This is a non-partisan issue just like North Korea and the South China Sea issue. Trump isn't a military expert just like Obama wasn't.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:12 AM

18,983 posts, read 9,084,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wanderlust76 View Post
It is not Trump... my understanding is the top generals want to expand on it. This is a non-partisan issue really Trump isn't a military expert just like Obama wasn't.
Trump is the CIC. The buck stops with him. He owns this war now, not the generals under his command. He never ceased to criticize President Obama for his Afghanistan policies. He will now get the same back in kind.

Basically, he is no different than that which he campaigned against.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:13 AM

Quote:
It has nothing to do with Trump... my understanding is the top generals want to expand on it. This is a non-partisan issue really Trump isn't a military expert just like Obama wasn't.
Is this supposed to pass as some sort of justification for being in a country under false pretense?
Civics 101 says the president is in charge, not the generals (not that the rules matter)

Old 08-22-2017, 10:16 AM

5,722 posts, read 5,803,679 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
Trump is the CIC. The buck stops with him. He owns this war now, not the generals under his command. He never ceased to criticize President Obama for his Afghanistan policies. He will now get the same back in kind.

Basically, he is no different than that which he campaigned against.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Is this supposed to pass as some sort of justification for being in a country under false pretense?
Civics 101 says the president is in charge, not the generals (not that the rules matter)
It's hard to take the wacko lefties serious when we all know if he didn't do what the generals said,
then you would criticize him for that too.

The left has zero credibility left on any issue period...and this is the part where I laugh at you.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:20 AM

Quote:
It's hard to take the wacko lefties serious when we all know if he didn't do what the generals said,
then you would criticize him for that too.

The left has zero credibility left on any issue period...and this is the part where I laugh at you.
If you dont know civics 101 why should anyone take you seriously.

p.s. Im not a leftie. Sorry name calling and smearing is all you got.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies