Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who has your support the most
Trump is my guy. 15 65.22%
Bannon represents the true values of the alt/right...I'll stick with him 4 17.39%
I'll support both..no matter how far apart they get 4 17.39%
Voters: 23. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-22-2017, 08:06 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by debbie at bouontiful View Post
Maybe if the generals were running things the last 17 years, we wouldn't be in this mess.

Maybe's not a reason to put lives on the line.

And WHY is there any reason to remain in this mess?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 08:10 AM

25,963 posts, read 22,143,367 times
Relieved! This was one of the main attractions to Trump for me when he said he would rely on the generals when it came to the military. I wish it was a requirement for POTUS that the person served in the military. The military is unique, and it requires a knowledge that most do not know or understand. Obama was a prime example of why ignorance does not work. He simply didn't have a clue or was trying to sell us out, either way, I am thrilled to know that Trump will rely on the experts in the field!

Old 08-22-2017, 08:10 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,103,478 times
Anybody remember Vietnam? The generals made one bad call after another. General Westmoreland? Total idiot. And we're expected to believe the generals in Afghanistan know what they're doing?

Old 08-22-2017, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
Anybody remember Vietnam? The generals made one bad call after another. General Westmoreland? Total idiot. And we're expected to believe the generals in Afghanistan know what they're doing?
And as with Vietnam, we no longer have any reason to be in Afghanistan,

Old 08-22-2017, 08:21 AM

12,873 posts, read 22,050,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
It really does not matter what trump does as long as he calls cnn fake news. If he does that the cult will follow.
It's amazing how his core will seemingly jump through hoops to defend anything he does. While I know this has been said a million times, I think he's starting to lose some of his base now though. At least a little. Everyone with a shred of intelligence knew that DJT's rhetoric was just that. They also knew that he couldn't accomplish almost anything he said he would do because he simply doesn't understand how the office works. For months we've been watching him struggle to pass anything significant or enforceable even with a supposedly friendly Congress. The excuse was always "it's still early" or "it's because all of the Dems and RINOs want to delegitimize him!" But now you're seeing the cracks. Bannon said the "Presidency we voted for is over." If you read any Breitbart article on this Afghanistan news, you can see his "base" turning on him. This is in direct opposition to his campaign message. This is not "America First!" even though he's trying to spin it that way. This is not the MAGA that his supporters believe in.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:26 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
What the heck? Trump is going to telegraph to the world and to ISIS and the Taliban what our plans are in Afghanistan - the same thing he criticized Obama for.
It's not about telegraphing a move, it's about being a lying, flip flopping, two faced scumbag. He's may be worse than obama on not keeping his word.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lrfox View Post
It's amazing how his core will seemingly jump through hoops to defend anything he does. While I know this has been said a million times, I think he's starting to lose some of his base now though. At least a little. Everyone with a shred of intelligence knew that DJT's rhetoric was just that. They also knew that he couldn't accomplish almost anything he said he would do because he simply doesn't understand how the office works. For months we've been watching him struggle to pass anything significant or enforceable even with a supposedly friendly Congress. The excuse was always "it's still early" or "it's because all of the Dems and RINOs want to delegitimize him!" But now you're seeing the cracks. Bannon said the "Presidency we voted for is over." If you read any Breitbart article on this Afghanistan news, you can see his "base" turning on him. This is in direct opposition to his campaign message. This is not "America First!" even though he's trying to spin it that way. This is not the MAGA that his supporters believe in.

Maybe those with the Donny Secret Decoder Ring think MAGA means MakeAfghanistanGreatAgain.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:29 AM

1,816 posts, read 1,151,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
And as with Vietnam, we no longer have any reason to be in Afghanistan,
100% agree and this is now Donny's war as there is no winning here, but he just couldn't pull the plug on this mess since he calculated HE would be seen as a loser. Never mind that the right move is to get out of this hell hole and stop spending our tax dollars (2 trillion to date) and sacrificing the precious lives of our military.

It is obvious Donny's fragile ego is all that matters as opposed to doing the right thing.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:31 AM

21,430 posts, read 7,466,280 times
Longest war in our nation's history. No end game.

This is getting to be Orwellian.

Old 08-22-2017, 08:31 AM

37,949 posts, read 17,882,153 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stburr91 View Post
Well, it was unimportant to you when Obama was escalating the war in Afghanistan, why would you care if Trump were to do the same?

Right now it's all talk, if it ends up happening, I would disagree with it, but it's just not a serious issue.
Exactly and that's the rub, the false outrage by left. Any wonder why they have no credibility even when they're on the side of an issue I agree with? Two faced, just like obama, just like trump. Can't believe a word that comes out of either side of their mouth.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies