Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-02-2017, 11:29 AM

34,157 posts, read 17,231,187 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
I am for killing terrorists. Big difference.

No different than using an exterminator to eliminate household pests.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-02-2017, 11:34 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,272,569 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Yea its not like the US adventurism in the middle east is making terrorism worse or anything like that
Better to kill them there than here.

And I am not one of those apologists who blame the US for being attacked.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:35 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,953,435 times
Quote:

This is really outside the scope of the thread but I will say this we should focus on domestic security not invading sovereign nations the US is not an empire.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:38 AM

Quote:
This is really outside the scope of the thread but I will say this we should focus on domestic security not invading sovereign nations the US is not an empire.
Regardless, I am totally against the welfare state.

I want all welfare done away with. Work or starve. Hunger is a great motivator.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:39 AM

18,504 posts, read 15,633,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eli34 View Post
Are you saying all other countries with universal country are lazy? Canadians, especially Blue-collar Albertans beg to differ. They know they are getting their money's worth and the system will always be there for them. And they wouldn't trade it for a U.S style private health care system.
I think there is a huge disassociation between the people and government in the USA.

All countries have that to a degree, including Canada, but I believe we still hang on to the idea that the government is the people, and that they work for us.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:40 AM

Quote:
Regardless, I am totally against the welfare state.

I want all welfare done away with. Work or starve. Hunger is a great motivator.
So you want the US to turn into Brazil?

Old 09-02-2017, 11:40 AM

34,157 posts, read 17,231,187 times
Quote:

ditto

Nor do I apologize for what happens to them, or their nations, when we take action.

Analogy: IMO, Hiroshima was caused by Japanese aggression. Starting against USA with Pearl Harbor. We just finished the job.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:41 AM

Quote:
So you want the US to turn into Brazil?
The US will never turn into a banana republic.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:43 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,362,667 times
Quote:
For example universal healthcare should be a no brainer the US is one of the least efficient countries when it comes to healthcare as a advanced nation. https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...east-efficient

The same goes for robust welfare programs many working class people would stand to gain alot by having strong systems in place to protect them from poverty if a job is lost. It honestly makes no sense to me. Looking for some clarification.
Because we have a Constitution that limits the power of the Federal Government, and some of us value Liberty more than "security" and slavery.

I don't call returning to serfdom ("progressivism") an "advancement." It's the exact opposite.

Our health care system (before Obamacare) was the best in the world.

I found myself unemployed (laid off) a couple of times. I got on the phone and started calling companies, asking to speak with the marketing manager directly. I had a job within weeks of that layoff. Hadn't even gone through my severance pay yet. The next time, a year later, I was laid off again due to the plant closing. I was given six weeks severance. Again I got on the phone (to one of my former bosses). I was hired immediately. I never lost a day of work.

The final time, I again got on the phone. Found a job within weeks.

Old 09-02-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
The US will never turn into a banana republic.
It will if you cut programs that help the poor.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies