Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2017, 07:09 PM

22,974 posts, read 27,027,148 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smash255 View Post
Being in favor of repeal and replace doesn't mean someone should automatically support whatever quickly drawn up legislation someone comes up with.

Of all the crictism, McCain has gotten in this threaad and others about voting against the skinny bill and being against this bill, no one has actually offered up ant reasons of why either bill should be supported.
I did, you just didn't care to either read it or comprehend it, or just missed it.

One thing that I think is a plus is it brings control back to state level where those affected actually have a voice and access to those that are in control unlike things managed out of D.C..
One of the excuses McCain uses is it not having a CBO score which to anyone who pays attention is complete B.S.. The reason it's B.S. is the CBO is rarely correct or even in the flippin' ballpark with their assessments. Take Obamacare for example.

Old 09-23-2017, 07:16 PM

22,193 posts, read 19,476,372 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimj View Post
I did, you just didn't care to either read it or comprehend it, or just missed it.

One thing that I think is a plus is it brings control back to state level where those affected actually have a voice and access to those that are in control unlike things managed out of D.C..
One of the excuses McCain uses is it not having a CBO score which to anyone who pays attention is complete B.S.. The reason it's B.S. is the CBO is rarely correct or even in the flippin' ballpark with their assessments. Take Obamacare for example.

If giving states control you mean it gives states the ability to jack up costs for those with pre-existing conditions and kick them off insurance I guess that's giving states more control....

Old 09-23-2017, 08:34 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,798 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Where was all this reverence for "process" when the ACA was passed in the dark of night amidst bribes and kickbacks and nobody having read the bill?

The hypocrisy and hubris of liberals shouldn't shock me anymore, but it does.
In secret? Nine months of hearings and debate on the floor, amendments made by Republicans, what debate have we seen in 2017. But the vote was at late night as I stayed up too late watching it on television.

Old 09-23-2017, 08:36 PM

3,357 posts, read 1,235,798 times
Quote:

It gives control to the states. It also gives them a whole lot less money to do so much more.

Old 09-23-2017, 10:02 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,598,071 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstarling View Post
It gives control to the states. It also gives them a whole lot less money to do so much more.

And for the same reason they previously chose not to take the federal offer to expand medicaid, many of those red states will choose not to use the federal block grants for the best interests of their most needy people. And at the same time, those states who did expand and improve their medicaid programs, will lose a large amount of money and their programs will be diminished. Very few people who need basic health care, would come out winners with the currently proposed legislation.

Old 09-24-2017, 01:50 AM

57,322 posts, read 26,245,816 times
Quote:

So you would rather a vote on something that lacks any factual data because the bill has no GOP analysis.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:05 AM

11,804 posts, read 5,807,707 times
[quote=Steve McDonald;49611391]And for the same reason they previously chose not to take the federal offer to expand medicaid, many of those red states will choose not to use the federal block grants for the best interests of their most needy people. And at the same time, those states who did expand and improve their medicaid programs, will lose a large amount of money and their programs will be diminished. Very few people who need basic health care, would come out winners with the currently proposed legislation.[/QUOTE]

This is where I have the problems as people are receiving way more than basic health care when compared to what those with insurance receive.

I'm one of many who struggles to make co-pays. Glasses - our insurance covers the exam but are only given a % of the cost of new which are expensive. Dental - the last time I could afford to see a dentist was 2 years ago. We don't have dental insurance.

I think both parties have had more than enough time to come up with an alternate plan that covers those who need it while not over taxing those who are fortunate enough to have insurance.

There has been no restructuring of pharmaceutical or hospital costs which desperately need it.

Old 09-24-2017, 05:51 AM

2,003 posts, read 1,169,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LoveToRow View Post
Where was all this reverence for "process" when the ACA was passed in the dark of night amidst bribes and kickbacks and nobody having read the bill?

The hypocrisy and hubris of liberals shouldn't shock me anymore, but it does.
So you are going to pretend there were no hearings on Obamacare? I dislike Obamacare but don't lie. Not to mention that the GOP refused to work with Dems to fix it

Old 09-24-2017, 07:15 AM

10,101 posts, read 6,444,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by treasurefinder View Post
So you are going to pretend there were no hearings on Obamacare? I dislike Obamacare but don't lie. Not to mention that the GOP refused to work with Dems to fix it
Thank you for that. It's amazing how often those facts are simply ignored.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:17 AM

17,717 posts, read 13,547,655 times
Trump doesn't care about giving us something better or worse all he cares about is getting rid of the ACA/Obama care he wants Trump care his ego is all he cares about.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies