Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-19-2017, 06:29 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by michiganmoon View Post
Look at North Vietnamese propaganda during the war. The US supported French re-colonization and now were coming back for more colonies.

North Vietnamese leaders still repeat this to this day that the US was seeking to subjugate Vietnam as a colony.

The foreign minister of Vietnam Thach was officially saying in 1995 that the US was fighting to enslave Vietnam as a colony.
A valid point of view..from their perspective.

The US DID support the French coming back after WWII..and before Dien Bien Phu the US supported the French in their attempts to suppress the insurgency.

In South Vietnam..the US called the shots..and you can believe..had we won the war and occupied North Vietnam..we would have called the shots there as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-19-2017, 06:29 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
Of course they didn't.

But shooting at our guys did make them the enemy.

The people who put "our guys" in position to be shot at were the real enemies.

Otherwise you'd have to believe defending your own country from invaders is wrong.

Do you?

Old 09-19-2017, 06:31 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
The others I mentioned ALSO did what they did, they're just not around to receive their just mortal rewards, I can only hope hell makes up for that.
This thread is about Hanoi Jane, first of all.

She is a target because what she did. She is the one who did what she did. Nobody forced her to. She also liked to draw attention to herself. Maybe this is what she really enjoyed. I can only speculate.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:31 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
First, she wasn't a young kid. She was around 30 at the time. Second, it wasn't her protesting the war that was the problem. The problem was she went to the enemy troops to give them support while protesting USA's involvement in the war. Third, when POWs returned to USA and reported the torture they endured and she publicly called them liars.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyflower3191981 View Post
She is an easy target because she did what she did.

This said, North Vietnam was not occupied by South Vietnam/USA, so North Vietnamese war criminals are safe and can continue ''keeping refuge'' there.

Atop of Vietnamese communists' torture, slave-labor, starvation and murder of US POWS during the War and to over 1 million South Vietnamese prisoners after 1975.

as if they were some innocent little victim flowers.
Their country..their rules.

When the French reoccupied Vietnam--then called French Indochina..the first thing they did was release the Japanese prisoners of war interned there and gave them police powers..then unleashed them on the very populace that they had brutalized during their occupation.

Plenty of atrocity and blame to go around..no ones hands are clean.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:33 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
While Trump dodged the Viet Nam war with Fake News of a heel spur.
What does that have to do with Jane Fonda? I wasn't old enough to serve during Vietnam, but I knew older guys that stayed in college to avoid the draft, taking any course they could. I knew of A LOT of them.

Jane Fonda was a TRAITOR, and used our POW's for publicity shots to show her crazed, far left attitudes of the time. We did NOT lose the Vietnam War militarily. We won almost every military engagement by large margins. We lost due to politics at home, the media like Cronkite, and people like Jane Fonda. Brave men died needlessly due to these traitors.

Don't get me started.

So far, I think this PBS series is showing, very fairly, that the U.S. was between a rock and a hard place with Vietnam. The threat of the spread of Communism was VERY real, and the Domino Theory ruled both American political parties thinking. Look at a map, and see how close Japan, and other countries are to Vietnam. Also, there was a feeling we OWED the French as an ally from WWII, and going as far back as the American Revolution. Without France, we would have lost, and stayed a colony of Great Britain. So what do we do? We support France, they pullout, and then we basically replace them as the country to fight the spreading of communism, just like Korea, only worse.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:35 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Gringo View Post
You're lumping in those who actively avoided serving by draft dodging with those "who didn't serve."

The draft dodgers also served the enemy. Just not as prominently. Like I mentioned in an earlier post above.
Ahh, so it's your claim that Bill Clinton supported the enemy.

I thought so.

i.e. Such proclamations are pointless.

Old 09-19-2017, 06:36 AM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
Their country..their rules.

When the French reoccupied Vietnam--then called French Indochina..the first thing they did was release the Japanese prisoners of war interned there and gave them police powers..then unleashed them on the very populace that they had brutalized during their occupation.

Plenty of atrocity and blame to go around..no ones hands are clean.
well, your bold is the point I was making.

Not like they were innocent little victim flowers. If people want to talk about war crimes, let's list all the war crimes. But people seem to only remember the Japanese and Germans/

Old 09-19-2017, 06:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
What does that have to do with Jane Fonda? I wasn't old enough to serve during Vietnam, but I knew older guys that stayed in college to avoid the draft, taking any course they could. I knew of A LOT of them.

Jane Fonda was a TRAITOR, and used our POW's for publicity shots to show her crazed, far left attitudes of the time. We did NOT lose the Vietnam War militarily. We won almost every military engagement by large margins. We lost due to politics at home, the media like Cronkite, and people like Jane Fonda. Brave men died needlessly due to these traitors.

Don't get me started.
McNamera...Kissinger...Kennedy..LBJ.....remember the Domino Theory?

Old 09-19-2017, 06:41 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post

Don't get me started.

And just WHAT did we win? The right to trade with our alleged enemy as we do today?

The REAL TRAITORS were those who led us into that cesspool in the first place.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies